forum

[resolved] Best way to farm PP?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[KO]
Im sure this question is asked like 1,000 times a day, but im running into a problem. im currently ranked ~147k and it is a struggle to get 1pp. I get around +30-+67 rank a game. Note i FC and get 95%+ on 3.5* maps and also get non FC but still 93%+ on 4-5* maps but i dont get any pp? is there something im doing wrong, or a better method? thanks ahead of time.
NextMiss
-
VeilStar
If you (the player) doesn't constantly improve you will simply not gain pp anymore after a certain point. The closer you are to that point the less pp you will start to gain. Try getting full combos and higher accuracy on harder maps (which requires you to improve) and you will gain pp.
Topic Starter
[KO]

VeilStar wrote:

If you (the player) doesn't constantly improve you will simply not gain pp anymore after a certain point. The closer you are to that point the less pp you will start to gain. Try getting full combos and higher accuracy on harder maps (which requires you to improve) and you will gain pp.
Well what you said makes alot of sense and i will surely try to get fc on 5* maps although it will probably take me like a hour+ just to clear one, but my main concern is i was playing with a friend who is only 1000 rank higher than me and i scored higher on a map than him and he got 15pp and i got 0. So i guess my question is, is pp rewarded by map score or is it like pre-set over time to each player?
NextMiss
-
Topic Starter
[KO]
[/quote]
Maybe for your friend there was a lag and he got the pp of a score from some minutes ago.[/quote]
That could be true, although we had been playing for quite awhile so it could also be false. But what you said would probably make the most sense.
VeilStar

DesuEcchi wrote:

i was playing with a friend who is only 1000 rank higher than me and i scored higher on a map than him and he got 15pp and i got 0. So i guess my question is, is pp rewarded by map score or is it like pre-set over time to each player?
Neither. Your specific play on a specific map is processed and awarded a certain amount of pp. The following principles apply here:
-The better your play on a map (combo & accuracy) the more pp it's worth.
-Higher combo out of the maximum combo increases the pp reward about linearly.
-Higher accuracy increases the pp reward exponentionally.
-Longer maps (in amount of objects) are also worth a bit more pp than shorter maps for the same difficulty (in star rating).
-The same accuracy on higher OD yields more pp.

This means that if you were to full combo a certain map with 99% you would gain 50pp for example. However, if you full combo'd it with 95%, you might only get 35pp. Or if you got a max combo of 250 while the map's max combo is 500 at 99% accuracy the play might only be worth 25pp. This you should aim for full or with high accuracy if you want to gain pp. A single miss in the middle of a map decreases the pp that play is worth by a lot.

That play then lands (or doesn't land) in your top ranks, after which is it weighted against all your other top ranks. The lower it falls in your top ranks the less of that play's pp will contribute towards your total pp. This is why you can't just keep gaining pp without improving. You will eventually fill up your top ranks with good plays at your level, and equally good play you make will eventually not contribute towards your total pp anymore as you already have equally good or better plays. Your friend might have much better but much fewer good plays than you, making his play contribute for more pp towards his total pp than compared to you if you were to get the same play. For a better explanation of the weightage system see the wiki and read the Weightage System and FAQ.
Topic Starter
[KO]

VeilStar wrote:

DesuEcchi wrote:

i was playing with a friend who is only 1000 rank higher than me and i scored higher on a map than him and he got 15pp and i got 0. So i guess my question is, is pp rewarded by map score or is it like pre-set over time to each player?
Neither. Your specific play on a specific map is processed and awarded a certain amount of pp. The following principles apply here:
-The better your play on a map (combo & accuracy) the more pp it's worth.
-Higher combo out of the maximum combo increases the pp reward about linearly.
-Higher accuracy increases the pp reward exponentionally.
-Longer maps (in amount of objects) are also worth a bit more pp than shorter maps for the same difficulty (in star rating).
-The same accuracy on higher OD yields more pp.

This means that if you were to full combo a certain map with 99% you would gain 50pp for example. However, if you full combo'd it with 95%, you might only get 35pp. Or if you got a max combo of 250 while the map's max combo is 500 at 99% accuracy the play might only be worth 25pp. This you should aim for full or with high accuracy if you want to gain pp. A single miss in the middle of a map decreases the pp that play is worth by a lot.

That play then lands (or doesn't land) in your top ranks, after which is it weighted against all your other top ranks. The lower it falls in your top ranks the less of that play's pp will contribute towards your total pp. This is why you can't just keep gaining pp without improving. You will eventually fill up your top ranks with good plays at your level, and equally good play you make will eventually not contribute towards your total pp anymore as you already have equally good or better plays. Your friend might have much better but much fewer good plays than you, making his play contribute for more pp towards his total pp than compared to you if you were to get the same play. For a better explanation of the weightage system see the wiki and read the Weightage System and FAQ.
Thank you! The pp system makes alot more sense to me now. Also i appreciate that you didnt just link me to the wiki and you took time to answer my questions.
Bara-
Use tillerino
Topic Starter
[KO]

Baraatje123 wrote:

Use tillerino
When I did I would get 95% Fc and it would say that it would reward x amount of pp but it never did.
Bara-
That's because it's weighted
You never get the exact same score
Someone made a fruit analogy for people to understand
Ok, say you are in a competition with a friend to see who can get the most weight in fruits. So you go to the supermarket, and you buy one grape. you take this grape and you are so excited, positive that you will win. You place the grape on the scale, then decide that you need more fruits. You run back to the store and buy a strawberry which weighs more than the grape. You come back to the scale and put the strawberry next to the grape. But, oh no, worms have eaten part of the grape, it now only weighs 95% of what it was before. Angered by this and concerned for your ability to win, you run back to the store and buy an apple. Upon arriving at the scale, you place the apple down, but the weight gain isn't as high as you expected. You look at the grape and strawberry and they both have been eaten by those pesky worms. Now the grape only weighs 90% of what it had originally, and the strawberry weighs 95% of what it originally did. Becoming more desperate to get weight, you run to the store for a fourth time, buying a pomegranate. When you get back to your scale, you find that the apple, grape, and strawberry have been eaten by the worms. The Apple weighs 95%, the strawberry 90%, and the grape 86%.

You continue this process until you have collected 200 fruits, and each time you get a new fruit, the worms eat the rest of the fruits. After your 200th fruit you take a look at the other fruits and notice: "Wow, the grape is so small, it's only 1% of its original size! o.o That means that its contribution to the total is very small. And then you realize further, that every time you bought a larger fruit, the worms ate the smaller fruits that you already had, so when you placed a 4kg fruit on the scale, the weight did not increase by 4kg, but by a bit less due to the other fruits being eaten."

Hope that clears up the weighting system a bit for you.
baumoni
half my life has been a lie, thanks for lighting us up with your knowledge bara-
<3