forum

How often you download a new beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Oishun626
I download a new map once a week on average

And how many map do you guys have in total???

I play for 2 month and I have about 100map
weihe123
I've been playing for a year, and have around 600 beatmaps? That's nothing compared to other people imo, lol
StephOsu

StephOsu wrote:

100 200+bpm deathstream beatmap
100 insane jump beatmaps
100 small cs beatmap
10 hours of pp farming
EVERY SINGLE DAY
so you can get rsi
jk I download at the average of 10 beatmaps a week past 2 months, peak would be approximately 40 a week
Crazz
I've collected roughly 3000 beatmaps over the last 7 months and have a bit over 3700 in total
chainpullz
If we count entire beatmaps and not just the sets probably 150 a week.
nrl
Basically every time I play I check qualified/ranked for new maps, and if I get bored I'll start downloading unranked maps. Playing new fresh maps is important for training sight-reading and consistency and whatnot.
Risa
Same ^

And when playing multi too ofc
chainpullz

Reset- wrote:

Same ^

And when playing multi too ofc
I always play multi hoping for fun maps I don't already have but the only new stuff I come away with is usually from the cancerous side of the graveyard. I've pretty much just given up all hope on that now. >_<
Yolshka
I have ~4300.
I recently started downloading new maps under "Newest ranked".

It's generally a good idea to have a lot of beatmaps, more the better, though if you play osu on a microwave like me, it can lag hard.
Vax_old_1
A lot. I had upwards of 16,000 beatmaps before I switched to my PC

"100gb isn't that much" -Rohulk
Risa

chainpullz wrote:

I always play multi hoping for fun maps I don't already have but the only new stuff I come away with is usually from the cancerous side of the graveyard. I've pretty much just given up all hope on that now. >_<
Since there is no subscription function for mappers i guess the only thing left to do is to stalk your fav mappers and hope
chainpullz

Reset- wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Since there is no subscription function for mappers i guess the only thing left to do is to stalk your fav mappers and hope
I do it, but it feels bad lol. Oh well, I'm sure they are just happy to have people who enjoy their maps.
dung eater
if i find a fun rly beatmap i dl everything from the mapper(s) grave, pending
Minhtam
I download a map when I want to play it, and then I often delete it once I'm done with it.
-Makishima S-
Over 40k maps, i download regulary everything what is ranked / qualified. I like high variety of maps.