forum

#2 Osu! Surume Tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hello guys!
This is a thread informing you about the upcoming tournament called the Osu! Surume Tournament.

Registration Closed!!!

This Tournament is hosted by a Japanese player Surume Yotyan.
***Tournament date/time will be Sunday, January 24th, 2016 10:00 UTC***

What is the OST?

This tournament is a 4 on 4 team tournament. Your team may consist of 3 to 5 players per team. If no one on your team can communicate in Japanese you may also have a designated translator who will translate for your team.

So far Some of the world's most famous and most skilled players have signed up to play. This tournament has gone unnoticed by the majority of the community, and I am posting this thread to let people know that you actually have the chance to play against these top class players. Keep in mind that ONLY 16 teams are going to be playing, so if you are willing to show your skill to the world, make a team and signup!

All the rules for this tournament can be found in Surume's blog. There is also an English translation of the blog (Done by me) within the blog near the top where it says For English Translation ->Click Here(It is slightly harder to read because of its .txt format, but it was the best Surume could do)

There will be a live stream on Twitch! Make sure not to miss it!

How do I sign up?

Sign-up is closed!

Anyone from any nationality is allowed to sign up. Please read the rules on Surume's blog (or the english translation of it) noted above before signing up to the tournament.

The sign-ups will close once there are 16 teams, so if you want to participate signup quick!

Teams
Please go to Entry tab here to find the teams that have already signed up
Entry/Mappool/current stage results

Prize

There will be a prize of supporter tag (10000yen, or about 100dollars) to the winning team. The winning team will split this prize among the team members. (Will be split evenly unless everyone on the team agrees on a different distribution of the prize).

Mappool

As mentioned above the mappool can be found on the same google document as the entry sheet.
Please make sure to download all the maps prior to the tournament!
Google Document

Warnings

*Please be sure to contact Surume Yotyan if you are not able to show up on the tournament date through in-game PM or through Twitter @surume_yotyan

*Please be respectful to all players and refrain yourself from giving negative comments.

*Bancho may crash during the tournament. If so, then the staff will decide whether to wait for Bancho to heal or in worst case, postpone the tournament.

*This is a tournament ran by very small team of staff, there may be some confusion during the tournament. Please be patient as we do our best to run it smoothly.

If you have ANY questions please ask, and I will try and answer them the best I can!
KSHR
Let me post my 2 cents because I don't see the need to state the rule that forces every team having the translator.

It goes without saying that most of Japanese osu! players (I guess 99% or so) can't understand English. Why don't you put English or Japanese translation on the first post/page and let participants make sure to read it? If I remember correctly, 0120's Japanese skill should be enough to translate Japanese texts into English ones.

EDIT: nvm. Apparently I was misunderstanding that this is originally Japanese tournament.
Topic Starter

KSHR wrote:

Let me post my 2 cents because I don't see the need to state the rule that forces every team having the translator.

It goes without saying that most of Japanese osu! players (I guess 99% or so) can't understand English. Why don't you put English or Japanese translation on the first post/page and let participants make sure to read it? If I remember correctly, 0120's Japanese skill should be enough to translate Japanese texts into English ones.

EDIT: nvm. Apparently I was misunderstanding that this is originally Japanese tournament.
勘違いさせたみたいで申し訳ないです・・・翻訳がばがばな所とかあるかもしれないのでわからないところとか勘違いしやすそうな所などがあったらじゃんじゃん指摘ください!
Evrien

0120 wrote:

KSHR wrote:

勘違いさせたみたいで申し訳ないです・・・翻訳がばがばな所とかあるかもしれないのでわからないところとか勘違いしやすそうな所などがあったらじゃんじゃん指摘ください!
Only in osu! can you see an American using Japanese to reply to a Japanese's English comment lol
Nezzar
/me eats Evrien
Topic Starter

Evrien wrote:

Only in osu! can you see an American using Japanese to reply to a Japanese's English comment lol
This made my day, lol

anyway tournament is this weekend so please join our live stream on twitch!
Evrien

0120 wrote:

Evrien wrote:

This made my day, lol

anyway tournament is this weekend so please join our live stream on twitch!
Yo I'm hyped I actually wanna hop aboard the commentating (English) XD but I guess it's too late to bug Loctav for an access
Will do! Not gonna sleep tonight
Topic Starter

Evrien wrote:

Yo I'm hyped I actually wanna hop aboard the commentating (English) XD but I guess it's too late to bug Loctav for an access
Will do! Not gonna sleep tonight
Im excited about all this happening too! Tournament will be im about an hour (5AM for where I live, whew :? ) The stream will be in Japanese but you can still enjoy these amazing players fight for the top!
Karuta-_old_1
interesting