forum

Hit placement suggestion! (Results Screen)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Aniviuh
I don't really know that to call this, but there should be something like this for osu!
At the end of a results page there is a target (I made a shitty one I know I just rushed it to get my point across) and it shows where you hit the circle through out the entire map, it will also show near misses and when they were made. (<- Hovering your mouse over the red dots/near misses will show you when you had that miss)
Here's an example:

Thoughts? I thought that this would be really cool to show yourself where to work on.
:D
Bara-
This looks rather cool!
But I'm worried about the clutter in 1000object+ maps
Full Tablet

Baraatje123 wrote:

This looks rather cool!
But I'm worried about the clutter in 1000object+ maps
Make it a heat map instead of plotting every point.
abraker
Meh, doesn't have much point except a cool factor. You can't make much out of anything out of the point cloud clutter other than the position of the circle/slider you screwed up on.

Full Tablet wrote:

Make it a heat map instead of plotting every point.
And that still doesn't fix the problem that it does not give any meaningful info.

It would be better if it showed the pattern or difficulty of the part you messed up on, however that might be represented.
Sea_Food
@abraker i dont see how its any less useful than unstable rate for example
abraker

Sea_Food wrote:

@abraker i dont see how its any less useful than unstable rate for example
UR is usefull to measuring accuracy beyond the 100% limit set by the OD for the 300 score. If you got 100% acc, the UR is the next thing I will look at to compare which player is more accurate.
Bara-
I honestly still don't know what it means, so I don't care for it. This request seems better to me as everyone can understand it and see the point of it
Sea_Food
If you got 100% acc, I will look at which player has more hits in the centter of hitnotes to compare which player is more accurate.

Or something like that
Rilene
This would be nice, to differentiate between lucky plays and highly-precise plays, I guess.
abraker

Sea_Food wrote:

If you got 100% acc, I will look at which player has more hits in the centter of hitnotes to compare which player is more accurate.

Or something like that
Players are attracted to UR instead of adding the +/- ms values on the graph because a single value is easier to interpret than doing the math for that. Which is why it's relevant. But I completely I agree with you, and replacing UR with how off-centered you are would give more meaningful values.
Full Tablet
It would be good if this information was shown:

Timing Accuracy:
- Average Hit Error (currently, what is shown is the average hit errors of early hit, and the average of hit errors of late hits, but it doesn't tell the amount of early/late hits, so you can't calculate exactly the average hit error (there are several ways to estimate it with the information given, though)). This value is useful for adjusting the offset (or the hitposition in osu!mania) of the map.
- Unstable Rate (Standard Deviation): It tells how consistent is the timing.
- Root Mean Square Error: (Average_Hit_Error^2 + (UR/10)^2)^(1/2); measure of overall accuracy.

Aim Accuracy: The same values, but instead of using the timing error in ms, it uses the distance in osu!pixels from the center of circles. Complementary to those values, a graph like the one proposed here could be used (it would also show the angle the notes were hit).
GhostFrog
I had some initial doubts about whether this would be useful or whether it would just wind up looking almost the same every time, but after thinking about it, I think this would be cool to have. Seeing almost-misses in a FC or seeing how much you missed by without watching a replay would both be informative and it would pair up nicely with UR as an additional little thing to be happy about after a play.

The more I think about this, the more I like it. Yes please!
Seijiro
Just a little note: UR tells you "how constant you are at clicking in time" and it has nothing to do with "where" you hit on the objects.
Basically, it checks your tapping, not your aiming. (You can even get an UR of 60 by constantly hitting in the green area and getting all 100s lol)

Imo, this isn't as helpful as the UR itself, but it's not like it gets in the way or anything, so why not.
I wouldn't look at it either way tho, since it tells me just useless info (why should I care where I exactly hit as long as I hit it?)

PS: you should add an outer area to indicate misses near the objects
XinCrin
Let's wait for osu!next