forum

Can't singletap properly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jeffrey
So there was this one day when I felt kinda speedy and decided to spend the day spamming 240bpm songs. I was doing quite fine I guess, being able to pass songs that I wasn't been able to pass before, and my dominant finger is my index finger so I spammed the keyboard hard with it. After that session my shoulders were hurting but it's kinda normal for my shoulders to hurt after intense high-bpm spamming so I didn't pay much attention.

But the next day when I started to play normal songs, my index finger felt weak. I couldn't singletap properly with it, and it hits always early and my index finger can't lift completely off the keys. It lifts only halfway and when the next beat comes I end up hitting too early and there goes the accuracy. Luckily my middle finger is still working fine, but I can't regain the accuracy that I used to have before. I tried alternating fingers to maybe at least see how far I can go with it but I keep getting stuck at triplets and streams when I start with my non-dominant finger, and I'm not used to alternating when playing with HR and DT.

Then a few days later my shoulder and neck starts to hurt after 1 hour into each session. Not sure if this is some sort of RSI or what but this has been plaguing me for a while now, it's affecting both my solo play and tourney play. Is there any way to fix this other than taking a long break? While I do think that taking a break can help me relearn my skills and maybe fix my problem, I don't wanna risk losing my consistency as I'm taking part in some tourneys.
DeathHydra
Uh, I'm not sure if there is other way to fix it other than taking breaks for a while because I never feel it myself.
Poku
Happens to me from time to time, just give it time and try playing less for now.
Hope it gets better :)
Risa
If play more doesnt work then maybe try to play less
Vax_old_1
Stop playing temporarily, you will most likely benefit from it. It probably won't hurt your consistency when you don't play for 3 days.
Infevo

Reset- wrote:

If playing more didn't help I would consider stop playing for good if improving is all I cared about.
Topic Starter
Jeffrey

Infevo wrote:

Reset- wrote:

If playing more didn't help I would consider stop playing for good if improving is all I cared about.
Sometimes slumps do occur whether you like it or not, and its not everyday that you play at your top form, some days are worse than others. And resting is also essential to long term improvement as it gives your muscles time to recover from the strain so just enjoy game.
shortpotato
ur not warmed up
N0thingSpecial

Reset- wrote:

Is there an in between?
shortpotato

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Reset- wrote:

Is there an in between?
yea its called quitting osu
Vuelo Eluko
did you have some sort of mild form of muscle atrophy how did you manage to hurt everything up to even your shoulder/neck, i've pushed myself hard and the pain has never been anywhere but my forearm/hand
ive never had this but i assume you just need to take a break, you'll come back stronger.

Alternatively, im completely wrong and you just have an incredibly bad posture/setup.
make sure your stuff is closer to elbow level than collarbone level, have a very slight slouch because sitting up perfectly straight leads to problems. don't hang your head 300 feet in front of your torso, it's a skull not a fishing lure.
buny
play more
vsprite
Play more
ZenithPhantasm
pray to cookiezi more
Pituophis
Take a break
Kunino Sagiri
You get nerve pinches/muscle pains too on your shoulders and random parts of your torso that hurts like hell when you touch the affected nerves/muscles even if you're not playing osu. E.g workout, office, household chores for extended periods etc.