forum

How to improve consistency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lapoozza
Hello, I would really appreciate if some one can give me some advice on how to be consistent. Also how to improve aim.

I would also appreciate if you all can link any maps where I can practice the above two.

Thank you.
Kunino Sagiri
I sometimes wonder if you often think that people telling you to "play more" are just being le ebin memers.
Topic Starter
Lapoozza

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

I sometimes wonder if you often think that people telling you to "play more" are just being le ebin memers.
You see the thing is I respect every word of "Play More" and that's how I got my other skills improved a bit. But my consistency is very bad and aim is well tbh, bad too. I am not asking for some magical one minute improvement tips. I want to know as to how to specifically play more and what types of maps to play more to become more consistent and have a good aim.
dung eater
play long maps, with little pauses
felys
if you want the same advice as "play more" but more in-depth, then here you go: Play maps until the end, even if you're not fc or if you have a bad acc (you can quit before the end if you don't want to submit a score), don't spam retries of the first 10 seconds of a map just because you keep missing, your muscle memory will eventually fuck up on that map and that's a thing you want to avoid.
Kunino Sagiri

Lapoozza wrote:

how to specifically play more
hahaha oh boy

Let's see, you want good aim right? Then play more maps that forces you to aim more than your usual (common example: Airman Natsu's and BD's, Highscore, any Reol map). 2015 maps are filled with those you-need-to-know-how-to-aim-well maps that it's pretty much impossible for you to miss them if you really played more (not to mention that all maps require aim that just playing more maps without thinking about anything is also a correct way to improve). By aiming well, consistency comes naturally and your only problem will be stamina.

If you want to know how to stream at X bpm, then you really need to play more stream maps at X bpm. If you want to know how to play a mod (HD HR DT), then play more maps with that mod turned on. If you want to know how to play AR X skillfully then simply play more maps at AR X.

I feel like a literal idiot trying to explain no-brainers to you but I feel that you need to know this.
Noobsicle
Sotodashi

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

because "play more" is also a le ebin meme
I Give Up
chainpullz
Play long maps, never retry, and focus on hitting all triples/singles/like-patterns the same each time. Stay calm and don't let misses get to you while doing this.

Get full 50's on that stream? Ignore and keep playing.

Miss that slider like a retard? Ignore and keep playing.

You shouldn't be "focusing really hard on every note" because every note/pattern is the same. Proceed to casually hit/miss them. Don't think "this map is really hard/long but I can do this *engage tryhard mode*" think "just taking my spook out for a nice casual stroll in the park, don't mind me" even if it's a map that by all odds you shouldn't be able to play well.

Pretty much just enjoy the music and let your body go on autopilot for better or for worse. Just don't expect results/pp in the short term.

And when you casually spook your way above 1k combo remember "heart on fire, mind on ice."
-Makishima S-
1. Delete ALL your tv size's or move them away
2. Leave only maps with 1k+ combo
3. Download tons of marathons
4. Listen to Konata:

Ayesha Altugle
Avoid retrying too much