forum

The Prodigy - Spitfire (05 Version)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyclohexane
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on samedi 22 janvier 2011 at 21:15:19

Artist: The Prodigy
Title: Spitfire (05 Version)
BPM: 122,5
Filesize: 4120kb
Play Time: 03:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0,89 stars, 138 notes)
  2. Hard (4,68 stars, 424 notes)
  3. Normal (2,45 stars, 207 notes)
Download: The Prodigy - Spitfire (05 Version)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Mr Color's first map ever - lots of things to improve I'm sure.

Also, I didn't make an Insane because I'm not feeling comfortable with it (I usually can't pass Insanes).

Anyone willing to help is welcome and encouraged to do so.
Uh, Enjoy, I guess...

Copypastah~
Musty
Hi, for your first beatmap , that a good work , have this star,
and... tommorow after homework, i will mod it. :)
NotShinta
This is great for your first map. I really like the use of structure, for example.

General:
Set a preview point. (Go to a suitable point, 01:03:767 - for example ->Timing -> Set Current Position as Preview Point)
Your mp3 is 320 kpbs, while the maximum bitrate is 192 kpbs.
The map seems to be lacking in the hitsound area

Hard:
Well... fine, to be honest.

Normal:
I'd say this circle size is too small for a Normal.
00:24:574 (1) - This overlaps the slider, which I wouldn't recommend.
02:36:363 (5) - Hello bad spacing

Easy:
00:59:358 (2) - Antijump
01:39:042 (1) - ^

I see a lot of potential here. Be sure to check your map again for spacing, as that is an important part of mapping.
Topic Starter
Cyclohexane
Thank you a lot. I'm going to work on that as soon as possible.

Edit: There you go, I've checked out most of the things you pointed. I feel like keeping the .mp3 though, because I'm afraid that with another one the offset would change. However if it's really a problem I'll change it.

Edit2: Changed to 160kbps .mp3
Raizdorf
Good beatmap but I don't like the music.
Ekoro
A Color-star for you~
Nicogeta
Hey nice job :)
Mok
Hiiii :3

[General]
BG scared me the first time xD

[Easy]
It will be best if you kepp only one kind of slider, or mix 2 better :3
02:17:671 - Remove this Break Time, is useless.
02:20:855 (1) - If you do ^, then Remove New Combo on this.
02:52:700 (1) - Remove New Combo.
02:59:069 (1) - ^.

Others are fine :D
Topic Starter
Cyclohexane
Sorry about Keith Flint's face, I know he's weird. >_<

Finding a background was not that easy suprisingly.

Anyway I've read and applied what you suggested. Thanks!
vytalibus
Welcome to mapping, Mr Color.

o one bothered to check the timing of the song, so I did. Turns out the BPM is 122.50 and the offset is 15,980 (note that I started off at the first verse instead of the very start of the song; it's around 306 ms when compared to your offset of 249 ms). Follow this as your first non-inherited timing section and resnap the notes. You WILL have to delete the other timing sections and replace them with new ones to accomodate for the timing change, but don't worry as all it takes is some manual checking on where the sections should be.

Lastly, you will have to resnap all the notes. While we have a readily-accessible command for that (It is under the "Timing" menu, you'll see it right away as red text), I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you go over your notes afterwards and manually check them. As the timing change concerns the BPM as well as the offset, there will be notes that are out of place after the first resnap. Just move them accordingly afterwards.

For this mod post, I will be using the old timing positions to point out the notes. The notes I'm going to point out are close to the time I put in, if not exactly there.

[Easy]
00:56:588 (5,1) - A jump like this are frowned upon in easy difficulties. These difficulties are geared towards usually new players, so do mind that a jump like this might be too surprising for them.
02:07:137 (4,1) - ^

[Normal]
The fact that the map starts to become more heavily-dependent on the drums makes this look more like a more subtle version of [Hard] than a different difficulty. There's a huge difficulty gap between [Easy] and this difficulty, and little gap between this and [Hard]. This might be a bit much to ask, but can you try making a different [Normal] difficulty, taking in consideration that it has to have very distinct differences between this and the other two difficulties?

[Hard]
Now this, on the other hand, looks well-done. It really feels like a [Hard] difficulty. Maybe make the cluttered notes clearer and it'll be perfect (an example of what I'm talking about is 03:18:912 (4,5,6,7,8,9). See how tight they look?).

Not bad for your first map. You were very close to the timing, and the map doesn't look like it's made by someone new to the whole thing.
Ekoro
Yop !

J'ai vérifié le timing , j'ai trouvé que ça décalait un tout petit peu a la fin.

Offset : 13 990
BPM : 122,45

Oublie pas de resnapper les notes et les inherited sections~
theowest
HARD:
Try to put the beats not so systematically, use more creativity and put them a bit randomly. Do not stack them as much as you do. It's way cooler so move the mouse to the beat than just have the cursor stayin' there. Make it more "Lesjuh" typish.

Use more SLIDERS!!!! to where he says stuff in the song. Long words = sliders. Short stuff which goes with the clap = normal beats like you'd done a great job with. Play around with the distance snap and make more jumps. Hard should be hard. Some jumps wouldn't hurt! :D
In the song setup the difficulty for approach rate and overall difficulty I'd like to see it twp snaps harder. It's hard right? Not normal.. >:(
Try out the HP drain rate too. And also.. Don't use the whistle too much.

I know you're a noob and all that but you must look at other beatmaps for inspiration, beatmaps with hight rating, famous makers etc and look how their beatmaps look like and is make.
Don't be afraid to put the beats closer not just in a simple pattern on the map. Make it more to the music. Slow down the music and use beats to it and such.. etc etc. Bla bla bla y'know?

I'd like bookmarks in these places: (Coz I love 'em)

00:13:530
00:31:407

It's easier to find everything that way.

And I'd also like to see these beats gone:

00:26:509
00:26:754
00:31:775 < Replace with slider or something, coz ee~eys
Do the similar thing to the other beats if ya' want.

Move these beats:

00:30:428 to 00:30:305 < It sounds better to the music, don't ya' think?

Add these beats:

00:15:367
00:30:795 < Sounds and looks a lot better IMO

NORMAL:

Uh.. There's so much.. wrong with all this.. sorry, (also the hard) But you can start with making it easier. Change the distance snap, setup, colors, etc etc. For both. I hope you'll do better with my tips. AND REMEMBER! Look at other beatmaps and make yours more.. like theirs. Easy is good enough I think.
Also! Another BG would be nice too.

STARED!!

Kudosu me for this please! :D

Awesome work btw for your first beatmap! It's not easy the first time so I recomend playing around with ALL the tools you can find in the editors thing.
Make sure someone can try using double time for Easy, Normal and Hard
Make sure someone can try using hardrock for easy, normal and hard too.
Hidden and flashlight is ALWAYS possible.

Download new and good rating beatmaps which you can get ideas from. If a beatmaps has a good rating, it means people like that beatmap so you need to make it look more like that beatmap. Y'know what I'm saying? Get inspirating. Play a lot of different NEW, GOOD beatmaps. If you don't play Hard yourself, you can always start playing hard and learn more about it.
Let someone else make a difficulty too! Ask a good beatmapper to make a insane for example! :D
laport
the prodigy :) :) starred 8-)
Kurosanyan
It's pretty cool for a new mapper and player.
I think you can become a good mapper ~
Dark
[Easy]
00:57:121 (1,2,3) - This pattern looks odd to me; almost like it's smashed. Not really a big deal though.

Normal and hard both look fine to me.

Considering this is your first beatmap, this is extremely well-made. Just change the colors of the hit circles and maybe do some skinning when you have time. Starred!
Topic Starter
Cyclohexane
Right, I actually chose the colors before the background.

The bad choice of colors is kinda ironic with the username I have, haha :D

I'll get it fixed as soon as I can.
Haneii
~General~
You don't need Mr Color,The Prodigy, or Spitfire in tags since you already have them under the creator, artist, and title fields.
Kiai time is a bit off in the difficulties:
01:02:999 - 1st kiai start
01:26:141 - end it here
02:21:366 - 2nd kiai start
02:36:671 - end kiai here

~Easy~
01:09:611 (2) - spacing
02:27:978 (2) - ^

~Normal~
Maybe Increase AR and OD by 1 each.
00:49:285 (1) - spacing (furthermore, the back and forth notes might be a bit difficult for a normal)

I had fun playing this, <3 the song
Goodluck with your maps

~Twinkle twinkle little star~
Topic Starter
Cyclohexane
Thank you, I'm currently working on it. :D
Kurai
[General]
Offset 269

[Easy]
AR +2
OD +2
00:26:264 (1,2) - Ca fait un peu moche de les mettre aussi proche de 00:24:305 (2). Je te conseille de les mettre comme ça http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/50923
00:34:346 (1) - Tu veux tuer du noob ? Fait un truc comme ca en rajoutant un spinner et en ajoutant un reverse a (6) http://puu.sh/LDh
00:42:183 (1) - Pas besoin de me répéter non ? :>
00:50:019 (7) - Ajoute un reverse sur lequel tu ne mettra que un finish
01:17:448 (2,3) - Essaye de bien les aligner avec la fin du slider d'avant, désactive le grid snap si nécéssaire
01:52:713 (1) - Ajoute un reverse sur lequel tu ne mettra que un finish (huhu copy/paste)
02:01:774 - Ajoute une note avec un finish
02:16:223 (6) - Fais en un spinner
02:25:284 (1) - Stack le début sur le reverse de 02:21:366 (1), désactive le grid snap si nécéssaire
02:37:039 - Break trop long Max ~15sec :/ Mais bon, je crois que tu n'as pas trop le choix la D:

[Normal]
HP drain +1
00:16:958 (3) - Enlève le clap D:
00:17:938 (1) - ^
00:20:877 (3,1) - ^
00:24:795 (3,1) - ^
00:39:244 (1,2,3,4) - Mauvaise visibilité avec 00:35:571 (2)

[Hard]
00:27:700 (1) - Trop proche de la note qui précède (stack avec 00:26:475 (4))
01:06:393 (3) - Déplace d'un grid a droite
01:06:761 (5,6) - Déplace d'un grid a droite
01:14:230 (3,5,6) - Pareil qu'avant mais a gauche >.<
02:24:760 (3,5) - Bouge 1 grid a droite
02:59:535 (1) - Je pense que l'hitsound a changé avec le changement d'offset
03:12:270 (1) - Spacing, stack avec 03:11:045 (4)
03:19:127 (6) - 1 grid a droite
03:19:494 (8,9) - 1 grid a droite

Un peu trop de copy/paste quand même >.< mais bon, voila ta star~
K3nsh1n_H1mur4
This will be a long mod...

[General]

Remove (05 Version). This is the original one, the 05 is unnecessary.

Add "Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned" into source. peppy don't like this kind of source.

[Easy]

AR -1
OD -1

00:49:982 (7) - Make this one in 1/4 ? Same Start and End, but in 1/4.
01:14:717 (1) - Looks ugly to me.

And the map is a lot plain. Try to make him less plain. Make some curves. :)

[Normal]

AR -1
Slider Velocity: 1,50x (If you Change, you'll have to remake ALL sliders,)

00:27:734 (1) - Change for a spinner? Or make a better slider ?
01:49:284 (2) - Put this beat in other place than under the slider, maybe stack with the 1. This kind of trap suits for a Hard.
02:24:549 (2) - Make a 3-beat stack
02:25:039 (3) - ^
02:32:386 (2) - ^
02:32:876 (3) - ^

Plain too. Turn off the grid snap and play with the map.

[Hard]

HP +1 or +2
AR +1 or +2
OD +1 or +2

Stacked a lot of times, quite difficult to read. Don't overdo this. And make the doublets into sliders will make the map more pleasant. And I'll be back for a proper mod. This one is plain too. Don't use the alignment when you hold the shift Control all the time.

-----------------------------------------

Anyway, as a Prodigy fan, star
show more