forum

Fingers getting sore from taping so much?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blue-
Well, I have this problem I would love of anyone could give me some lil tips to keep this from happening.

I use my pointer and middle finger to tap, and x and c.

Here is a video of me playing of course this song wasn't hard enough to make my fingers or anything hurt. But you can kinda see how hard I press and such.

Plus maybe laugh a little. :)
Deva
Stop trying to make a hole in your keyboard.
Mahogany
If you don't play, your finger won't hurt!
Topic Starter
Blue-

HK_ wrote:

uh, not really sure how I am gonna keep from pressing the keys down, it's not like I am slamming them lol.
shortpotato
no pain no game
Topic Starter
Blue-

shortpotato wrote:

no pain no game

I agree, it's only after a couple hours of playing I still play anyways, because. Like you said. "No Pain No Game"
Kunino Sagiri
The only two places hurting when I play too much are my nerves somewhere on the lower left/right arm near the elbow since I direct most pressure there but never in my hands, fingers and wrist.
Topic Starter
Blue-

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

The only two places hurting when I play too much are my nerves somewhere on the lower left/right arm near the elbow since I direct most pressure there but never in my hands, fingers and wrist.

My wrist is always fine, I know what you're talking about in the elbow, but that only happens whenever I hover my elbow.
ithgyu
are you tensing way too much? there is no way what you are playing and the amount you are playing should make your fingers hurt
Saphirshroom
no pain no RSI
-Strawberry-
[deleted]
ZenithPhantasm

HK_ wrote:

Too late
Topic Starter
Blue-

II Jelli II wrote:

are you tensing way too much? there is no way what you are playing and the amount you are playing should make your fingers hurt
You know, maybe that is what it is. I'm also hoping just as time comes, I'll get used too it. I love noticing improvement tho because I have been improving.
Pituophis
Quit now or fingers will fall off.
Noobsicle
sore is gud
pain is bed
Poku
You can try to tap more lightly, or change your finger's position, helped me :D
Topic Starter
Blue-

PandaOG wrote:

You can try to tap more lightly, or change your finger's position, helped me :D
I added a video so people can see how I tap and such.

Edit; Had to fix the video if anybody tried to view it before.
Barusamikosu
Doesn't seem to me like you're using too much force, but maybe I just don't see it because of the camera distance.

When I play with new players or players with low PP in multiplayer, I notice that they tire out rather quickly even while playing Normals and Hards. Your stamina will increase over time as you keep playing. Naturally, if you're feeling any serious pain you should stop playing and take a break.
ZenithPhantasm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff%27s_law
Play more and eventually your brain learns to not process pain.
Topic Starter
Blue-

Barusamikosu wrote:

Doesn't seem to me like you're using too much force, but maybe I just don't see it because of the camera distance.

When I play with new players or players with low PP in multiplayer, I notice that they tire out rather quickly even while playing Normals and Hards. Your stamina will increase over time as you keep playing. Naturally, if you're feeling any serious pain you should stop playing and take a break.
I wouldn't consider it serious pain, it's just after like songs with streams or you know songs that are rather fast and require a lot of tapping.
I keep playing anyways of course but. This song wasn't really a good example but I just wanted something fun to do.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff%27s_law
Play more and eventually your brain learns to not process pain.
Thank you for sharing that because this is awesome ha. I'll get super fingers like Cookie. Sweet.
Saphirshroom

linzblue wrote:

Thank you for sharing that because this is awesome ha. I'll get super fingers like Cookie. Sweet.
You're actually much more likely to get RSI if you don't know what you're doing. Ignoring pain is especially stupid.
http://www.rsiprevention.com/rsi_prevention.php
Topic Starter
Blue-

Saphirshroom wrote:

linzblue wrote:

You're actually much more likely to get RSI if you don't know what you're doing. Ignoring pain is especially stupid.
http://www.rsiprevention.com/rsi_prevention.php

Oh my wrist are fine, they have plenty of support I have the keyboard pushed far enough back I can have all of my wrist on my desk.
dung eater
lifting hand in the air relieves pressure on wrist C: it's kinda differend to tap like that though

stuff pressing on arm/wrist (hard(small stuff more, soft/big stuff less) all add to pressure on nerves
Topic Starter
Blue-

jaaakb wrote:

lifting hand in the air relieves pressure on wrist C: it's kinda differend to tap like that though

stuff pressing on arm/wrist (hard(small stuff more, soft/big stuff less) all add to pressure on nerves
SO, basically there is no real way of making my fingers not sore just to keep going on. It could just be that, since I'm newer and just now getting back into osu is why it's like this.
I Give Up
Tap gently save stamina less pain. Pain in forearm good. Pain in hand bad.
totekingsg1
U are playing using ur fingers only (or that is what i see in the video). Learn to tap with the wrist, making use of its weight, and ur fingers won't hurt as much ever. That worked for me.
Topic Starter
Blue-

KukiMonster wrote:

What. Tap with my wrist. How do I even do that. :cry:

KukiMonster wrote:

It's not really in my hand it's really just my fingers, like not my hand just fingers.
abraker
Start playing mania for speed training for a year or until you can do about 5 stars 4k maps and get an A. Then transfer over to stepmania for additional stamina training. Come back to standard and discover that you can now overstream :D

but can't aim for shit
Barusamikosu

Blue- wrote:

You're alternating keys (at least it looks like it). That advice really only applies to singletapping.
Topic Starter
Blue-

Barusamikosu wrote:

Blue- wrote:

You're alternating keys (at least it looks like it). That advice really only applies to singletapping.
Yeah I don't really single tap anymore, I used to only single tap.
show more