forum

Struggle in getting PP

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mhtri1998
So I recently kinda stopped playing osu cuz i kinda feel no improvement. Everyday I lose some ranks and I get at a point where I can't rly get some pp and improve my way of playing the game. I'm kinda stuck in the 60-70k ranks and wanna get out. Do you have some pp farm maps to help me out and push my ego a little bit :3. BTW I rly suck with mods any idea to get a feeling for that. Any tips?
Neliel
Play more.
Nabel_old_1
just keep playing nomod no need to learn mods at your level.
Mahogany
Play the game for fun not ranks
S[u]nD[e]Yz

Mahogany wrote:

Is so hard to accomplish but he's right.
KanoSet

Mahogany wrote:

shortpotato

mhtri1998 wrote:

So I recently kinda stopped playing osu cuz i kinda feel no improvement.
Well u already lost half the battle then
DeathHydra
Don't say you are not improving because you didn't get any pp and ranks. pp and ranks doesn't measure your skill and that's why you shouldn't care that much about pp and ranks. Even I feel worse compared to people with my rank but whatever, I just have quite high pp for some unknown reasons.

As long as you keep playing, you will improve, that's for sure.
Deva

Mahogany wrote:

Endie-

Mahogany wrote:

-Makishima S-
nomod till minimum 6k+ pp
eventualy
HD till 7k+ pp

then hit on interesting mods.
dung eater
git gud
[ Kakuja ]
* Play more.
* Play maps just right above your usual star rating, for example: if you play 4 star with over 95% acc, play 4.2-4.3 stars and add in some 4.5 if you can get around the 90% mark.
* Don't retry songs, play them until the end.

Also, don't worry too much about ranks/pp. It's better to focus on getting better while having fun, and that is how you actually gain pp in the end. You'll just have to get better if you want to get more pp, and when you're good enough you'll spike up the ranks quickly and get stuck again.

This is what I do and have since the very beginning of my Osu! journey and I thank the people in the forums and the pinned threads in this section for that :D

Tip:
If you want to squish out a little bit more pp from your current top scores, get 98% or higher on them and if you manage to get 99% then that's nice too.
Play maps you haven't played around your top scores star rating and get 98% or higher.
I Give Up
Endie-

KukiMonster wrote:

sweet. Now post this in every "help me git gud" posts.
KanoSet

Endie- wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

sweet. Now post this in every "help me git gud" posts.
yes
-Ene-_old_1

[Taiga] wrote:

nomod till minimum 6k+ pp
eventualy
HD till 7k+ pp

then hit on interesting mods.
Why? You don't need a regime to decide when to play what.
Deva

-Ene- wrote:

Why? You don't need a regime to decide when to play what.
Dont mind him, hes special.