forum

| | | | | | | | | MAFIA - The brink of day. 22 men and a god

posted
Total Posts
show more
Chris_old
not to imply luna or mashley sucks but LS is above average and usually discusses while weighing out the pros and cons of stuff before they do it

they seem eager
Chris_old

Two wrote:

well someone is nervous about what town can learn from this
I don't see why you would try to "exploit" what Wojjan said by soft claiming because it's the exact same thing as mass claiming imo

just what exactly do you think we could learn from this besides chancing mafia getting an obvious advantage/ability from it
Two_old
I want to know as much as possible about how this was set up without giving them an advantage. It looks pretty bad if 3 people claim werewolf game, for example, and 2 of them die and show up as mafia. The only way you can really be opposed to this is if you know something we don't.
Chris_old

Two wrote:

I want to know as much as possible about how this was setup without giving them an advantage. It looks pretty bad if 3 people claim werewolf game, for example, and 2 of them die and show up as mafia. The only way you can really be opposed to this is if you know something we don't.
or if you're oblivious to the fact Wojjan said 500x that mafia would be ready for claiming

you seem more mafia than LS
LadySuburu

Chris wrote:

unvote vote: LadySuburu

just saying ok to a soft claim without even discussing it at all

yeah right you just want your mafia ability that's not like you at all
Normal games: (before the anti-massclaim craze)

Two: Let's massclaim.

Town massclaims.

Town benefits nicely.

This game:

Mod: There's anti-massclaim features in place.

Two: Let's softclaim then.

Based on massclaims benefiting town, and knowing a true massclaim hurts town, softclaim forces scum to fake one of the games they are from, and most likely will still benefit town.

Very nice attempt at painting me though chris, I now have a lead this game, day 1 at that.

Vote: Chris
Chris_old
wow you really are under pressure aren't you LS

I've never seen you vote for someone because they voted for you D1
Salvage
Death Note Mafia here .. reading stufff i'm slow.
Chris_old

LadySuburu wrote:

Based on massclaims benefiting town, and knowing a true massclaim hurts town, softclaim forces scum to fake one of the games they are from, and most likely will still benefit town.

Very nice attempt at painting me though chris, I now have a lead this game, day 1 at that.

Vote: Chris
how can you imply you know a softclaim wouldn't have the exact same effects as a massclaim

nt being subtle
LadySuburu

Chris wrote:

wow you really are under pressure aren't you LS

I've never seen you vote for someone because they voted for you D1
If you'll look at my previous games, in actuality I almost never even vote D1.

You know why? Because I have no leads and it's always RV bullcrap.
Salvage
actually it's not, rv it's crap but it can lead to interesting talks and to interesting reads, i do find out about a lot of things d1.
LadySuburu

Chris wrote:

how can you imply you know a softclaim wouldn't have the exact same effects as a massclaim

nt being subtle
I don't "Know", but I can assume.

Implying you know what I mean to make me look scummier, nt being subtle.
Chris_old

LadySuburu wrote:

Chris wrote:

nt being subtle
I don't "Know", but I can assume.

Implying you know what I mean to make me look scummier, nt being subtle.
so you would risk giving mafia an advantage based on assumption when you could simply not do it at all instead

so pro town of you
LadySuburu

Chris wrote:

so you would risk giving mafia an advantage based on assumption when you could simply not do it at all instead

so pro town of you
That's what a gambit is, Chris. You seem awfully reluctant to take any risk that could benefit town.

See: Me coroner claiming D1 in WWG.
Two_old
risks are best taken day 1 anyway

we have a cushion of 22 players
LadySuburu

LadySuburu wrote:

Chris wrote:

so pro town of you
That's what a gambit is, Chris. You seem awfully reluctant to take any risk that could benefit town.

EBWOP: Insomniac.
Chris_old

LadySuburu wrote:

of course I'm reluctant to possibly give mafia an opportunity to have an advantage the entire game just because a few people think softclaiming is some type of exploit that Wojjan didn't consider

your entire point is "yeah it could help mafia but on the slim chance Wojjan was dumb enough to put all the mafia in one game, let's do it!"

Two wrote:

risks are best taken day 1 anyway

we have a cushion of 22 players
it doesn't matter what day if it lasts the entire game
Two_old
it doesn't even have to be about wojjan putting all the mafia in 1 game for it to be useful
Two_old
this conversation, for example, is a wonderful by-product
Chris_old

Two wrote:

it doesn't even have to be about wojjan putting all the mafia in 1 game for it to be useful
you don't have to talk for LS in the thread

thats what day chat is for

but care to explain how
LadySuburu

Chris wrote:

your entire point is "yeah it could help mafia but on the slim chance Wojjan was dumb enough to put all the mafia in one game, let's do it!"
Scumpaint harder.

If I believed that this strategy didn't have a higher chance of helping town than hurting it, I wouldn't have gone through with it.

If I believed that Wojjan would put all the mafia in one game, I would be an idiot.

My point is, that I believe claiming what game we're from as stated above has a higher chance to help town than hurt it.

Your entire posts are "Let's take something LS is saying, intentionally misinterpret or flat out change it, and post it as if it's what they said and truely mean!"
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Wojjan, you impress even the best creative writers out there, I'm sure. (If anyone asks, no, I am nowhere NEAR as good as being creative)

Also, I should probably make a RV, shouldn't I? ...Nah, not worth my time for a RV.

@Softclaiming: I don't even know what game mine came from, to be honest. Then again, I don't really research unless it's really necessary. =/
Two_old
it says pretty clearly what game your role is from
Two_old
unless mafia roles are different

maybe that's why chris has such an aversion to it
Salvage
vote: Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Salvage
that was easy.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Two: ... *headdesk* Duh.

Instead of softclaiming, I'm giving out a hint: It's the prequel to my first game on the forums.

FYI, I love giving hints. :3
Chris_old

Two wrote:

unless mafia roles are different

maybe that's why chris has such an aversion to it
I've explained fully why I think it's stupid

the fact you and LS are so desperate to have everyone softclaim is what I don't get when it could screw town and you can't even explain how it's useful at all

and two the only thing anyone has to do to gain your trust is agree with you

they will be in your blind spot the rest of the game
Two_old
oh stfu with your hints

even as a spectator they're enragingly pointless
Two_old
that's mean chris :(
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Salvage: RVs are obviously easy to do, to be honest. Anyone can simply make a RV and put pressure on people.

Too bad that strategy doesn't work on me. :P
Salvage
it's not RV, and i don't mind pressuring you cause you already claimed mafia to me.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Two: I'm a bastard when I do things. Keep that in mind.

(No, I don't think I'm as evil as LS and his bastard mods, but I could be)
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Salvage: You're so clever. My first post might've been a slip, but that's because I didn't think the URL on the role PM linked to the game it came from, but rather, to the MS wiki explaining what it is.
LadySuburu

Chris wrote:

the fact you and LS are so desperate to have everyone softclaim is what I don't get when it could screw town and you can't even explain how it's useful at all
So, how exactally am I desperate?

Things I have done in relation to the softclaim strategy:

1. Softclaim.

2. Attack you for your arguments against me (which relate to the softclaim strategy), most of which contain some form of scumpainting.

Oh, and nice try again with painting me. Though, it's getting a little old.
Chris_old
I guess there isn't too many ways to word mafia is there swiftwolf
Chris_old

LadySuburu wrote:

Chris wrote:

So, how exactally am I desperate?

Things I have done in relation to the softclaim strategy:

1. Softclaim.

2. Attack you for your arguments against me (which relate to the softclaim strategy), most of which contain some form of scumpainting.

Oh, and nice try again with painting me. Though, it's getting a little old.
scumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaintscumpaint

do you have anything else to say or are you stuck on how to show softclaiming helps anything
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Nice table stretch, Chris. >_>

I think you're both trying to separate from each other, by the looks of it. You're BOTH on the same topic, so why don't you look elsewhere?
foulcoon
Hi guys.

I'm from Mafia Game which under further investigation is absolutely the game that Two hosted.

I'm a role directly from that game.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
..Wow. That game brings back memories.

...Dunno why I'm being nostalgic right now.
Chris_old
cause it's an easy way to divert discussion imo

the only reason I haven't voted for you is cause you didn't actually softclaim
show more