forum

Hand pains

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Florrow
in a morning, 3 days ago, i started having some pains at my hand, but i kept playing games & osu, without noticing them really hard.
The next day, evening my hands started tingling and hurting, but that stopped the next day.
Today is the 3rd day in which i didnt play osu, but i played games like csgo where my hand isnt that stressed.
I usually play songs around 4-4.5 stars, and i dont really think its RSI.
My hands hurt just a tiny bit right now.
Did anybody experience this kind of pains ?
also. i dont play 9h of osu every day like a mad man, that day i just played around 2 hours
please dont say "go visit a doctor" cause i already seen another threads with there answers >.<
Infevo
yes
Mahogany

Florrow wrote:

please dont say "go visit a doctor" cause i already seen another threads with there answers >.<
Why is seeing this advice elsewhere a reason to not take it as advice

If your body hurts, doctors are the best places to go to if you're too retarded to just stop playing until your hands are better, assuming playing is what's causing you your hand problems.
Topic Starter
Florrow

Mahogany wrote:

Florrow wrote:

Why is seeing this advice elsewhere a reason to not take it as advice

If your body hurts, doctors are the best places to go to if you're too retarded to just stop playing until your hands are better, assuming playing is what's causing you your hand problems.
i would've want to see if people had this problem too, and how long it lasted >.<
Infevo
i had this pain. after playing more it went away.
VShine
maybe take a little osu! break ?
Endie-
Just let your hands rest lol. Its pretty obvious. Oh and when I say rest, I mean rest.
minibethangel

Florrow wrote:

mostly this thing happens in a standard osu player... it really happens to me also while i am a offline standard player back then, mostly pain in the wrist bcoz i am a mouse user. All I can say is take a good rest in your hand for about one week minimum so your hands can be comfortable, for me i shift in ctb bcoz i mostly not used my wrist and just fingers at least my wrist can take a rest then after a week i came back again in osu std. Just rest and it will be fine but its really hard if u love osu so much especially if u love the standard... :3
Topic Starter
Florrow
My hands are fine now, i dont feel any pains nomore :3
Tried playing 5 minutes of songs under the insane level and my hand pains went away, so...i guess the 4 days break healed my hands :3
Evil_Dude
That's funny because my wrist started hurting today too. Granted, I played all night, but yeah, lol. Taking a break is the best bet. If it keeps hurting or getting worse, to the point where it's genuinely causing concern, then yes, see a doctor. We'll all probably end up with carpel tunnel syndrome playing this anyways, lol.
Pituophis
Don't worry, it only gets worse.
Twitchy
Two years ago I suffered a very serious injury under the category of "hand pains". The cause is irrelevant, other than the fact that it was not a trauma-induced injury; I went to many doctors and orthopedists and spent lots of time and money for them to ultimately refer me to a physical therapist, which set me up on the healing process. I contracted pretty serious tendinitis in my right arm that fucked it up for about 6 months. I don't think your condition as you described it is anywhere near as bad as mine was, but that is my suggestion: see a physical therapist, rather than wasting your time and money at a regular doctor. they'll likely do some x-rays and end up sending you to a PT guy in the end anyways.

Also for the record, my arm pains have not completely vanished but they are much more manageable after two years. The largest two things I find that help me are getting solid 8hr+ blocks of sleep every night, and letting my hand/arm warm up before I play by just doing simple every day stuff for an hour or two. Open doors, mix your tea, pick stuff up and put it down, etc.

Hope this helps
Rieri
Take a break from playing bro.
Play some outside with your friends or just read a book, something to keep your hands relaxed.

Same thing happened to me after playing osu 16 hours straight. The pain went away after a couple of days, just read some light novels till my hands were completely better. I did earn 200+pp from playing that long tho xD

Just take frequent breaks, maybe 10 minutes or so every hour.
Outpact
Likewise, at this point if you're having hand pains, its only going to get worse.
Topic Starter
Florrow

ProEzreal wrote:

Take a break from playing bro.
Play some outside with your friends or just read a book, something to keep your hands relaxed.

Same thing happened to me after playing osu 16 hours straight. The pain went away after a couple of days, just read some light novels till my hands were completely better. I did earn 200+pp from playing that long tho xD

Just take frequent breaks, maybe 10 minutes or so every hour.
Yeah, thanks for the advice xd
i didnt gain much when i started having the pains, but i practiced higher diff songs, so that made me better :D
They're fine now, and yes im taking breaks from time to time, stretching out fingers and wrist, doing some general exercises aswell etc
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
>my hands hurt
>i'm gonna keep playing
Oliv3r_old
I just got Carpal Tunnel from playing Osu! Standard

My left hand is constantly tingling and I feel weird pains on my nerve, I got this due playing a lot with my pen tablet for long period of time.

I am now using a medical tape to relieve my wrist, and wristband to protect my wrist from strong movements, 3 days and I am getting better!

Hope you doing the same, if it persists for like a week, I will see a doctor(and I recommend you)

It's also great to Ice your hands, if you want more tips, see this post: t/156184

NOTE: Don't play during this time
Szymek
Daxxor
Like Oliv3r mentioned, the tingling part would point to carpal tunnel. I had it for a couple of weeks. I "fixed" it by playing a lot less, and putting a towel under my tapping hand. (My keyboard is rather high, without support) The pressure you'd put on your hand without support would cause this.
Vuelo Eluko

Fser wrote:

>my hands hurt
>i'm gonna keep playing
when my arm hurts i power through it until it becomes unbearable, but pain in the meat is productive, pain in the connective tissue which is all there is in the hand is not.
GSG95
will we reach a point where someone has to sticky a thread about hand pains?
Vuelo Eluko

GSG95 wrote:

will we reach a point where someone has to sticky a thread about hand pains?
we've long passed the point where the game should actively warn players about rsi, but it's not going to happen.