forum

[invalid] Skill level ranking.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
In many sports and eSports you are grouped to compete with others who are on your own level. In osu! this is not the case unless you find a MP lobby with people around your rank. How ever, as a single player game, i think the system could work better. Its so frustrating to FC a [hard] difficulty on first try to get a rank 3000 out of 12 000, and then spend 20 retries to FC the [insane] difficulty of same mapset to get rank 8500 out of 9000, just because then you are competing with others far above your skill level.

So we already have feature to select between global, local, and country rankings. How about adding a feature to limit the rankings to people who around arouond your skill level. Just spitballing here but typing it out so you get my idea. The groups could be something like
0-499pp
500-999pp
1000-1999pp
2000-3499pp
3500-4999pp
5000+pp
Of course the numerical values could be different and maybe be based on rank instead of pp, whatever. Maybe also a feature that you could check your position if your score was on the other skill groups aswell? Anyway this feature request has not one but two points.
1. It would allow more people to be able to compete for the top rankings.
2. It would give others a much better image of how well they performed. Like I said earlier on the post, its usually much easier to get a high ranking on easier difficulties because on average people who play them are much worse, than people who play higher difficulties. Removing that variable by only comparing your score to other players of similar level would allow you to see good the performance really was.
Endaris
No why
This isnt a competitive game.
If you wanna compete play tournaments but I don't want the competitiveness to take over even further than it already has.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
what the fuck?
jesse1412
Aren't you the guy I used to make fun of for having shitty suggestions? This one isn't good but at least it isn't as shitty as your old ones.
Bara-
Buy supporter
Add those people to friends, as use friend rankings
As simple as that
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

jesus1412 wrote:

Aren't you the guy I used to make fun of for having shitty suggestions? This one isn't good but at least it isn't as shitty as your old ones.
Guess who's back,
guess who's back,
guess who's back,
guess who's back
guess who's back
Guess who's back...

Baraatje123 wrote:

Buy supporter
Add those people to friends, as use friend rankings
As simple as that
GREAT IDEA!
I just go to https://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp and search for the 30 000 people around my rank and add every single one of them as my friends. It really is simple. Glad smart people like you are here to solve problems. Better [invalid]ate this thread.
Bara-
>___>
Why do you even need to get the scores of the top50 players with a skill-level near yours?
I honestly see no need in it. If you want something similar, do what I said, as you can do it right now. No need to wait until this is implemented. Now that is what I call smart
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

Baraatje123 wrote:

Why do you even need to get the scores of the top50 players with a skill-level near yours?
I tried my best to explain that in the OP. It would be easier to compete with other people around your level. Also its not just the top50, Like it would be nice to see if you were rank 120 out of 400 or something like that. Your suggestion obviously is limited to a very small group. Especially on the lower levels such a small sample is worthless.
Endaris

Sea_Food wrote:

Baraatje123 wrote:

I tried my best to explain that in the OP. It would be easier to compete with other people around your level. Also its not just the top50, Like it would be nice to see if you were rank 120 out of 400 or something like that. Your suggestion obviously is limited to a very small group. Especially on the lower levels such a small sample is worthless.
Use osu!trainer.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
osu!trainer in no way provides for the needs i try to solve with this suggestion
Bauxe
Get better and compete with the top 50 scores on maps.
abraker
I friended players around my rank and when I find a lower ranking lobby, I invite them to trash other players and overtake the lob- oh gawd I'm horrible XD

Just make a lobby and invite your closely ranked friends.
Stefan
Eh.. no.