forum

Cookiezi's Ranking destruction

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
E-J
He's currently number 3 in the world at the time of this post. (He'll probably be there for a little bit cuz Hvick and Rafis are farmed like hell) In roughly a month he climbed from 8k to #3. Do you guys think anyone else could have done that? I find it absolutely insane
Endaris
Lord save us from the Cookiezi-fanboys.
I'd also accept a mod locking this
Rilene
Don't mind me, farming my post count here.
And he will be the #1 soon.
Mahogany
bye
Pituophis
Topic Starter
E-J
I wanted to see if anyone had an actual opinion on this but apperently not, Cookiezi isnt even my favourite player. I wanted to see if people think that someone else could have climbed that high in a month, or if they think its unfair that someone could climb that easily. Personally I think hvick could have done it too, he only really plays on weekends but he still keeps number one.
Rilene
If Cookiezi is serious on playing, he would get lot of 600pp plays and be the #1 by now.
Saphirshroom
Cookiezi doesn't spam farm maps enough so it'll probably be a while till he gets #1 and gets banned right after
Topic Starter
E-J
Really? He only has 3 600+ right now, I dont know if he could do the songs that hvick and Rafis do to get that pp. Unless he finds a HDHR song that would give a lot
Topic Starter
E-J

Saphirshroom wrote:

Cookiezi doesn't spam farm maps enough so it'll probably be a while till he gets #1
Thats what I think too
Endaris
Any Top10 player plays as good as he does and it's blatantly obvious that they could easily climb from rank 5million to 100 within virtually no time if their account got reset.
7ambda

-Redlightning- wrote:

I wanted to see if anyone had an actual opinion on this but apperently not, Cookiezi isnt even my favourite player. I wanted to see if people think that someone else could have climbed that high in a month, or if they think its unfair that someone could climb that easily. Personally I think hvick could have done it too, he only really plays on weekends but he still keeps number one.
He climbed that fast, because his previous scores were wiped.
CXu
Any player could climb from whatever to the rank they are at right now. That's kinda the whole point of the rankings.
The only difference is that Cookiezi's is a blank slate. If you gave hvick or Rafis a new account, they'd probably get back to 11k in a few days/weeks as well, if they decide to put in the time.
Topic Starter
E-J
After reading what you guys have said, it makes sense that most of the top players would be able to climb that quickly if they had their accounts reset. Thanks for the replies

Endaris wrote:

Any Top10 player plays as good as he does
I don't believe that though, I don't think all of the top players could do some of his scores. But there are definitely scores that the others have done that he cant.
Underforest
Well, Cookiezi plays osu! since 6 years now, but it's a obvious long story.

Anyway, for me is not crazy if you have an advanced playing skills.
And yeah, I'm agree for a mod lock this
chainpullz
<insert comment that makes you scratch your head in confusion>

*locks thread*

Can I haz mod nao?
Kunino Sagiri

-Redlightning- wrote:

After reading what you guys have said, it makes sense that most of the top players would be able to climb that quickly if they had their accounts reset.
No, not really; he's the only one who did climb to #3 with 1.1k playcount after all. Maybe if you actually let players try then we'll see :D
Infevo

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

-Redlightning- wrote:

After reading what you guys have said, it makes sense that most of the top players would be able to climb that quickly if they had their accounts reset.
No, not really; he's the only one who did climb to #3 with 1.1k playcount after all. Maybe if you actually let players try then we'll see :D
And I agree and think this and some other facts are what makes it so impressive. He barely played. He barely tried hard. And he didn't farm pp maps primarily like most of the other top players (absolutely legitimate; no question).
I mean while everyone else had 100k+ plays on him and was trying hard and playing a lot for rank he was just back for so short and took #3 with ease.

If this does not impress the competitive osu! play enthusiasts I don't know what should. He could easily be around 13k pp now with just another 1k plays on top. Overhyping Cookiezi's current skill level is plainly not possible. And this thread deserves to exist imho.
Zare
The point is, with the way our pp system is working, every player that gets his account reset would ideally be able to quickly regain his previous rank by recreating his old scores or getting equals.
Cookiezi is just the most prominent example.
StephOsu

Rilene wrote:

i see this
OT : didn't reimu get into top 100 after 1 month of playing as well? iirc it did happen
Rilene

StephOsu wrote:

Rilene wrote:

i see this
damn :c
good sense you got there
E m i

chainpullz wrote:

<insert comment that makes you scratch your head in confusion>

*locks thread*

Can I haz mod nao?
omg yes
Vuelo Eluko
top kek
Emilie-
We dont need a Cookiezi post every time he does something
Rilene

CatBag wrote:

What if 1000pp play?
Underforest

CatBag wrote:

I'm very agree

Rilene wrote:

What if 1000pp play?
If that happen, congrats for him! Just that :roll:
StephOsu

Rilene wrote:

damn :c
good sense you got there
thanks c:
found out that this works few days ago and had been using it from time to time c:
MY TRANSPARENT SENSE IS TINGLING

CatBag wrote:

other than when he made some really big achievement like being the first 700 pp play or something
i think that those deserves a post but not something like OMFG COOKIE-SAMA RENK 1 IN 1 MONTH EVRYBDY GET REKT BY COOKIESAMA NUBS SKRUB
Endie-
I don't get why people are so amazed by his ranking. He's already top 10 performance wise. Getting the PP is just a question of time
show more