forum

Anime North 2016

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Anime North is an anime convention located in Toronto, Canada, that celebrates anime, manga, music, games and all other forms of Japanese Culture!

Anime North will be the weekend of May 27 - 29, 2016 at the Toronto Congress Centre, International Plaza Hotel, and Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel

Questions about the con? Want to discuss your plans? Cosplay? This thread is for anything AN2016!l

Method of communication
This forum thread
Discord

Meet ups
osu! Dinner Meetup - Saturday, May 28th 5PM Tenatively Outside Sheraton
osu! Panel - Sunday, May 29th 2PM

Anime North Attendance List
Count: 19

apaffy
Azer
blissfulyoshi
Byakugan249
captin1
CatAdultVideos
Ciao
Contralyss
Giralda
HaibokuShounen
Justykanna
Kaetwo
Kitsunemimi
Mercuryhammer
Princess
Shiro-
those
Yoshi_green
Zzer

Anime North 2015 Thread

*OP is still under construction*
*And for anyone wondering Haneii asked me to make the thread*
kisata
I'll also be there, and hey I can actually post in this thread this year!
Ciao
I'm coming ^^
Varlev
I'll be there this year.
YTYuyu
i'm attending so yea~ ahahaha :P
Giralda
50% chance for me at the moment.

Count me in for now. :)
Yoshi_green
90% chance I'll be attending (4th year now :D)

if I'm going, I'll be there on Friday/Saturday, once again commuting since I don't need a hotel. And I'll be wearing green again for tradition's sake
CatAdultVideos
hello my friends i will be coming!!!!
kaetwo
100% ill be going
those
Subscribing
Justykanna
Am going again this year with my girlfriend. Super excite. =D
Kitsunemimi
Checking in~
captin1
hi i'm driving from chicago again have room in my car if ppl need it

there's also an unofficial discord group for an16, can make it official if we want
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

captin1 wrote:

hi i'm driving from chicago again have room in my car if ppl need it

there's also an unofficial discord group for an16, can make it official if we want
Might as well try. Not that many joined the slack group last time, but it is worth a shot. What do you need for you to invite me?
captin1
can send out invites via pm. discord is basically a vastly improved version of slack, and it's definitely catching on throughout a lot of gaming communities
Pawsu
Aw man this is coming up again, isn't it? I'd come if I could. Go Saskatchewan..;_;
Hope you all have a memorable time!
MiruHong
If anyone is coming from Vancouver give me a holler about flights or anything travel related
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

captin1 wrote:

can send out invites via pm. discord is basically a vastly improved version of slack, and it's definitely catching on throughout a lot of gaming communities
Saying Discord is better than slack is very debatable, esp when my first experience with Discord is a questionable E-mail validation, broken timestamp, and inability to send notifications upon all activity. I feel like I'm trading voice chat for lack of polish and lack of integration with ticket boards (admittedly the last item is more of a business thing which is not the goal of Discord)

Oh well, not going to get too hung up on discussing Discord on the AN board.

Edit: Discord link added to op.
Sheeto
I will be going but only for Saturday ;-;
Azer
Going with Jennacides, hope to see everyone there again this year :) Not in charge of the rhythm room this time so I can't say if there's going to be any setups to play on or anything, also the guy who's been in charge of it for the past few years is not taking care of it this year, last I heard so probably no nice rhythm games this year :[
Sheeto

Azer wrote:

Going with Jennacides, hope to see everyone there again this year :) Not in charge of the rhythm room this time so I can't say if there's going to be any setups to play on or anything, also the guy who's been in charge of it for the past few years is not taking care of it this year, last I heard so probably no nice rhythm games this year :[
Not bummed at all. Just need to have the good ol' iceberg meetup <3
HaibokuShounen
Gonna be there. I would like in the Skype group lol.
-Visceral-
Good chance I'll be flying out from Boston w/ Chippy : )
chaee
Might go with LightningDash02 if the circumstances allow it
FlamingRok
Put me on the list coach because there's no way I'm missing this again. Gonna be there for the whole weekend this time, though you'll be hard-pressed to find me available between 11:00AM and 1:00PM on Saturday.
Little
95% chance I'll be there. :3
show more