forum

I'd like to hear what you want in a skin!

posted
Total Posts

What should be in my next skin?

Minimalistic skin elements (efficient, and often more functional)
32.39%
Maximalistic skin elements (A LOT of attention to detail)
14.77%
Colourful/vibrant skin elements (The pallette of colours seen in this skin will exceed 3-6 unique colours)
16.48%
Game-based (skin will be based on a video game, with attention to character and atmosphere)
5.11%
Anime-based (skin will be based on an anime, with attention to waifus and general anime stuffs)
25.00%
Music-based (skin will be inspired by a song or album, and the elements will often reflect the album art's design)
5.11%
NONE OF THESE APPEAL TO ME (leave a comment on exactly what you'd like)
1.14%
Total votes: 176
Polling ended
Topic Starter
xi9w

What should be in my next skin?

I have been playing osu! religiously for nearly a year now. I love the community and all it's members; especially those who contribute their own work to make our experience better. As such, I always wanted to contribute to the community, and I finally am.
I have uploaded two skins so far, and I am working on more as we speak. I want to give the people of this community exactly what they need for a better osu! experience. And so, I have created this poll to see what should be my priorities in skinning. If you feel that I haven't covered enough options, feel free to add some suggestions in a comment.
Rilene
Maybe a simplistic version of default skin?
Topic Starter
xi9w

Rilene wrote:

I've always thought of doing that. lol, I'll be sure to credit you though, if I decide too! :P
fat pear

Rilene wrote:

omg rilene you're sexy
Ben_5917
I'm looking foward to make a default skin variant, but like with NeOsu style like, with sexy animations and what not. But mmy votes are (including the first skin that got me interested): Music-based (PLANET//SHAPER by Garin), Game-based (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 1 by Raspberry-) , Maximalistic (NeOsu 5sure by OsuMe65), and Colorful (Neo Fusion by OsuMe65)

Am I a OsuMe65 fanboy now?
Fatal3ty
I like simple and minimalistic Skin. Ingame (Osu and Taiko) is light skinned with hitsound, rest is default (no Effect). For me is good enought. :D

My old Skins is full skinned (I have a minimalistic and Fun Themed Skin). I don't use since september. :)
dung eater
Playable with 0% dim, vids and everything.
Pituophis
I like colorful minimalistic skins.
aman
DeletedUser_6637817

Fatal3ty wrote:

I like simple and minimalistic Skin. Ingame (Osu and Taiko) is light skinned with hitsound, rest is default (no Effect). For me is good enought. :D

My old Skins is full skinned (I have a minimalistic and Fun Themed Skin). I don't use since september. :)
I have to second that, would love to see a minimalistic skin based on the default skin, but with a nice touch of readability :)
Topic Starter
xi9w

Nepuri wrote:

Fatal3ty wrote:

I have to second that, would love to see a minimalistic skin based on the default skin, but with a nice touch of readability :)
Lol I can picture you making a skin as if you were brewing a concoction...
_Indeketsu
Minimalistic flat skins (I like flat interfaces so much :P ) or minimalistic skins with high quality (like Garin skins)
-[Cow]-
Keyboard taps as Hit sounds...
worst fl player
John Cena screamer when you die
Gumpy

the fuck is wrong with people
Rilene

Gumpyyy wrote:

the fuck is wrong with people
People like animu and simple.
sodiclo
Colorful + Minimalistic pls C^;
Eloquent
I would like a minimalistic similar to Aesthetic Ring, or Android4Kitkat! Thanks :)