Good job dad !
Andrea wrote:Hello, I'm posting a mod here because I think this map could be improved and flow better.
- 00:45:905 (3) - This object looks like it's touching the HP Drain, it's better to move it down a bit.
- 00:46:405 (3,4,5) - Same as above. These can be moved around if a QAT deems it necessary.
- 00:55:239 (3) - This slider is quite hard to see because it's covered by the previous objects, and it's even more tricky because the previous slider has the same formation. I have never seen anyone break or miss these sliders among dozens and dozens of playtests.
- 00:57:905 (3) - Same as above.
- 00:58:322 (4,5,6,1,2,3) - This part doesn't really flow that well and the jumps feels kinda forced, they should be toned down a bit. The jump is used as an alternative pattern to emphasize the snare more than the doot that the other patterns tend to use.
- 01:05:405 (1,2,3) - Hidden slider once again, I'm not gonna mention the rest because it seems you've used this pattern quite a few times.
- 01:08:989 (4,5,6,1,2,3) - Once again, another forced jumpy pattern that should be avoid or at least toned down, also the flow could be improved way more. Same list of content.
- 01:31:405 (5,6,7) - This part is pretty calm and not intense, why there's a big jump all of a sudden here? It shouldn't be this big, I highly suggest to reduce it. Just like before, this uses a large spacing jump to emphasize the snare on (7) by having a jump from (6) to (7). The spacing may be a bit higher than necessary but I've not seen anyone take issue with it at all.
- 01:39:072 (5) - If you wanna be consistent with the next combos, you should add one here as well. This section uses patterns of 8,4,4 to follow the piano and later on there is a couple case where it uses 4,4,4,4 sets to show that it is focusing more on the other instruments rather than purely the piano. The spacing implies this as well.
- 01:48:572 (3,4) - Why are these sliders so close each other? The spacing should be bigger here, this anti-jump looks quite confusing after having so many spaced patterns. In this case (3) is basically the hold of the piano key. The low spacing between 3 and 4 is another focus on the piano instead of combining all the instruments into one.
- 01:56:572 (4) - You could stack this slider together with the circles, but that's not mandatory. I get told "stacking sliders under circles like this is unreadble" by a lot of players and get told to stack them right back under by modders. I'd like a QAT or other person of note to firmly put this matter to rest in all of my future maps as these kinds of patterns are something I'm quite fond of utilizing.
- 03:18:905 (1,2) - These two sliders looks confusing, mostly because of how (1)'s shape is, it's highly suggested to simply make it linear or a bit curved if you really want. Now, looking at this it apepars that when I swapped mp3s there was an actual beat change here. The end of (1) is no longer part of any beat, so I'd agree if a QAT wants to DQ over this particular slider.
- 03:22:905 (1) - This slider isn't following anything in the music, it should be deleted and this part should be kept empty. HAhahaha, no.
- 03:49:572 (2,3,4,5) - This overlap is pretty strange to see, I'd suggest you to move (2,3,4) a bit to the left. If/when this gets DQed, I will do so.
- 04:07:405 (3,4,5) - Why does this sudden triplet have such a large spacing all of a sudden? It's a bit confusing to sightread on first try. This emphasizes the vocal cry.
- 04:19:739 (1,1) - The first slider on this pattern should be slow as well like the others, because this part is quite calm and having a fast slider here doesn't fit. It's hardly fast and it emphasizes the slowdown of the next slider. They're small enough that people aren't going to ever, ever actually miss this slider because players start following the track before even hitting the note.
- 05:17:405 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This stream feels really randomly placed and it doesn't flow really good, you should completely remake this one in a better formation. This stream is the favorite among most of the top tier playtesters I contacted. It's the second to the last major piano roll and in in the final one's case it is also taking into account the other instruments: the spacing in this one is purely a pretty pattern. If DQ'd, I can look into shrinking it a bit but the pattern will remain the same.
There are many inconsistencies between the streams that I didn't mention and that I think could be improved as well, please take your time and gather some more mods, because I think this map needs more work.
Good luck with requalification!
I elected to not actually map the (very background and hard to hear) 1/3 noises in those particular sections as they made it a downright nightmare playbility wise. Instead, these use the triangular patterns used before except with 1/4 sliders as well to emphasize that the beats are longer duration than before.
Avishay wrote:Cool map, tho wasn't this ranked a bit too quickly?
Skimming through a bit of points I could snap those for examples -
05:20:072 (2,3,4) - Those are snapped incorrectly, or perhaps overmapped, it's supposed to be snapped to 1/3.
05:30:850 (2) - ^
It seems like the offset is a bit early as well, perhaps it changes at various points or idk.
Didn't really check everything throughly, but those are just some objective stuff, I would honestly try to get a few more mods, just because.
If you take a look at KD history, Gero, the italian GMT, gave it to him literally seconds after he posted. Before I even saw the post and I have email notifications.
Baraatje123 wrote:Since when can posts in Ranked-subforum receive kudosu? O.o