Total Posts

How's the skin?

It's great! I use it out of the box, unedited, and I like the new innovations
70.84%
It's good, I just get used to the things that aren't so good
12.26%
Its ok, I used the options folder to change some elements
7.99%
I use some elements from this skin in my own private skin, but I don't use the original
5.01%
Nah stuff this
3.90%
Total votes: 1077
show more
Topic Starter
-yuo-
I am working on the custom scorebar instructions, and I dunno how to get skins folder on PC...

Can anyone explain???

Is there a path you can type into the path bar or something?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
------------------ ↓ BETA VERSION 2.0 ↓ ------------------

Comments are related to beta version 2.0.

As always, every new version has new problems. if you find anything wrong, reporting it is very helpful. thanks! :)
deadbeat
oh man, that approach circle. dear god D:
anyway, it looks like just the target practice mod icon is missing
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Deadbeat, what do you mean by the approach circle? i'll be happy to fix it if somethings wrong...

And plus, what's target mode? a new mod? I have the mac version so it may be out of date..
Topic Starter
-yuo-
------------------ ↓ VERSION 3.0! ↓ ------------------

Comments are related to skin version 3.0.

If you find anything wrong, or you want to suggest something, reporting it here as a comment is very helpful. thanks! :)
O2MasterFX
Okay, so your mania skin is a minimalist type...

1. Make the notes and keys more saturated. It helps mania players to read certain notes.
2. Rework your unranked sprite. Doesn't fit with your mania skin
3. Mania hitscore, instead of soft lighting, I prefer to use hitscore. To fit in better, reduce the size of the combo fonts. All of that should do the trick.

Else, Dim your ranking screen. I couldn't see my score on several occasions.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Yeh, thanks for the advice!

that sounds good to put into the options folder. I'm not sure with the unranked tho... i'll experiment.

Again, thanks for the advice! It is a beta, and your advice was really helpful.

btw what do you mean 'more saturated' and 'It helps mania players to read certain notes.'
It would be helpful if i knew why you find it hard to read...
e.g.
•cant see the notes
•don't know which key presses a note
etc...

THANKS!
O2MasterFX
Some players requires to know which notes hit which keys. It's to make them easier to play. High-tier players read these notes by columns. Increase the colors on each columns and add subtle color on keys helps them (because your theme is minimalist, then I suggest the key colors are subtle but still recognizable to match them with the notes).
OsuMe65
Don't collage your previews. It's ugly.
Quite hard to see what your skin can offer with that collage.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Ok, thanks for your suggestion, and yeh...

The whole point of this skin is to introduce new mechanics, and i have an idea...
Needs a test though. And i'll be using your idea anyway.

Thanks!!! really helpful
NeXt4r_
this is perfect
NeXt4r_

UO 073 wrote:

Thanks for your comment!

i'll try working on a cursor variation ;)

A new cursor has been made here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zpkr7th066me4ei/AAB-C7ckhkHjJztAvK4zd_lVa?dl=0

The images for this are included in the options folder.

Check it out! other things also added like:

why it wont let me :(
OsuMe65
Since constructive criticism is shit, and will be shit for starters, imma go point fixes straightforward.

1. Don't blacken approachcircle.png border. Can't be seen in 80%~100% dim.
  2. Remove playfield, lobby-background. It's poop and doesn't even exist.
  3. Fix inputoverlay using any of these three ways.
    1. Rework it
    2. Change inputoverlay to white
    3. Set InputOverlayText to 255,255,255, under [Colours] in your skin.ini
  4. Use 1x1 .png on ranking-maxcombo and ranking-accuracy
  5. ranking-B-small and raking-D-small glow abuse. Glow reaches canvass borders.
  6. Place 100% and an indicator at scorebar-bg, not on the color. Players might assume they're in full health, even tho actual life reading is at 99.9 %
  7. menu-back's top line doesn't touch that of selection-mode's
Topic Starter
-yuo-

faiswusuf wrote:

UO 073 wrote:

Thanks for your comment!
i'll try working on a cursor variation ;)
A new cursor has been made here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zpkr7th066me4ei/AAB-C7ckhkHjJztAvK4zd_lVa?dl=0
The images for this are included in the options folder.
Check it out! other things also added like:
why it wont let me :(
Use the 'options folder' download in the main post above (or on the first page).

OsuMe65 wrote:

Since constructive criticism is shit, and will be shit for starters, imma go point fixes straightforward.
  1. Don't blacken approachcircle.png border. Can't be seen in 80%~100% dim.
  2. Remove playfield, lobby-background. It's poop and doesn't even exist.
  3. Fix inputoverlay using any of these three ways.
    1. Rework it
    2. Change inputoverlay to white
    3. Set InputOverlayText to 255,255,255, under [Colours] in your skin.ini
  4. Use 1x1 .png on ranking-maxcombo and ranking-accuracy
  5. ranking-B-small and raking-D-small glow abuse. Glow reaches canvass borders.
  6. Place 100% and an indicator at scorebar-bg, not on the color. Players might assume they're in full health, even tho actual life reading is at 99.9 %
  7. menu-back's top line doesn't touch that of selection-mode's
Time for some reasoning... :P i'll go by your suggestions:

•This approachcircle black border thing was introduced in v3.0 bcuz without the border, it made things hard to see when there are stacked notes. The actual thing you are looking for is the edge of the colour. (with this skin, forget about logic and play with your instincts. Just. Play.)

•play field background... is there because the skin i used as a base for this had it. i'll remove.

•Input overlay... is fine to me... you suggested to change the text to white... it is white... maybe the osu version i'm running is different. (stable fallback, i have mac and osu not the same ver as windows.) I'll put it into the skin.ini anyway

•1x1 image, ok sure

•ranking small letters - they don't glow and they are designed like that. It's a small transparent 'card'. You missed the fact that it's the same for all the other letters, but nice pickup. that reminds me of the 'glow abuse' on the big ranking letters...

•100% in score is in the colour because it appears when it's near 100% and can be animated. and a half-appeared 100% doesn't really look 100% anyway right? the point of it is to give confidence, not to show an actual stat, which needs to be accurate. (also cbs exporting 200 files on CS4 it takes ages... like 3 hrs legit not kidding.

•Menu back has gap when it 'touches' the mode image because that's osu's image limit. Osu crops the menu back image there so i cant do anything about it.

Overall, Thanks for helping i didn't even notice some of these!! :) and just play! I've given it more thought than visible... Thanks for your help!
OsuMe65
I see, welp. Wave 2

• This approachcircle black border thing was introduced in v3.0 bcuz without the border, it made things hard to see when there are stacked notes. The actual thing you are looking for is the edge of the colour. (with this skin, forget about logic and play with your instincts. Just. Play.)
  1. 25% or 50% Gray will do. Instinct won't do for some players. If ya wanna leave it as is, might as well drop a message that says "Good Luck."
    Input overlay... is fine to me... you suggested to change the text to white... it is white... maybe the osu version i'm running is different. (stable fallback, i have mac and osu not the same ver as windows.) I'll put it into the skin.ini anyway
  2. I'm CE based. Soon enough, that will come to the build you're using. Use it for insurance.
    ranking small letters - they don't glow and they are designed like that. It's a small transparent 'card'. You missed the fact that it's the same for all the other letters, but nice pickup. that reminds me of the 'glow abuse' on the big ranking letters...

3. proof of agreement. should be Left > Right, as what you said (or my suggestion: Right > Left with minimal glow). You're welcome.
    •100% in score is in the colour because it appears when it's near 100% and can be animated. and a half-appeared 100% doesn't really look 100% anyway right? the point of it is to give confidence, not to show an actual stat, which needs to be accurate.
  4. Oh. So leave it as is then... Anyway, scrubs have so much pride. Fooling them is a good idea since too much confidence has a 50% chance to kill pride. Good job. also...
    (also cbs exporting 200 files on CS4 it takes ages... like 3 hrs legit not kidding.)
    my most sincere condolence to your rig. you're skilled, yes but your rig failed you.
    Menu back has gap when it 'touches' the mode image because that's osu's image limit. Osu crops the menu back image there so i cant do anything about it.
  5. osu! does not crop (in some rare cases). osu! upscales; you're just about 8 pixels (width-wise) short on that menu-back.
Anyway, shit. Looks promising. Letter "O" turns me off but fuck that.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Everyone else, avoid this defensive reply. It's just showing i've considered these problems, and i am keeping them the same.
for the purpose of making my point,

Defence 2:

OsuMe65 wrote:

25% or 50% Gray will do. Instinct won't do for some players. If ya wanna leave it as is, might as well drop a message that says "Good Luck."
go ahead and set approach circle to clean spot in the options. It's there for a reason. If not, it already is 50% opacity, and its even a shadow.

OsuMe65 wrote:

I'm CE based. Soon enough, that will come to the build you're using. Use it for insurance.
Input overlay... is fine to me... you suggested to change the text to white... it is white... maybe the osu version i'm running is different. (stable fallback, i have mac and osu not the same ver as windows.) I'll put it into the skin.ini anyway

Stable Release (2015-10-17)

Here’s the promised stable release, supporting El Capitan. Yes, we are still running under wine, but we are working in parallel on a native version (it’s just not quite ready yet)!

Note that you will need to allow the app access to run the first time you run it. You can do this by right-clicking the osu! bundle (after extracting from the dmg) and clicking Open. Full instructions are available here.

Things to note:

osu! will automatically update going forward, but the app bundle won’t. I suggest you bookmark this site and check back every month or two for new bundle releases.
You will be locked to the Stable (Fallback) release stream. This is intentional, as it is the only one which will work for this release.
Download here

If you have any issues, please leave a comment on this post!

but yeh, there is an update. that doesn't work 4 me. Glad they are working on it though!

OsuMe65 wrote:

proof of agreement. should be Left > Right, as what you said (or my suggestion: Right > Left with minimal glow). You're welcome.
hmm...

you need to make sure your point is correct. i didn't edit it right there to show you that, because you can see it in your version of my skin in osu, in the leaderboard when you click a song.

OsuMe65 wrote:

osu! does not crop (in some rare cases). osu! upscales; you're just about 8 pixels (width-wise) short on that menu-back.
Try this:
http://puu.sh/pttqz/8c279d7b63.png
It's extended for you.

i used circular dot points... but who cares.

the main point here is, don't fire faults so quickly, and check your info. Also, i'll edit the things that really can be fixed and are not fixed yet. like the input overlay text (for latest stream) and glow for big ranking letters. thanks for pointing that out!
(sorry i sound very arrogant here...)
OsuMe65
Your graduation wave
  1. can't argue anymore on that approachcircle. try to go overboard a little bit on that. if outcome is ugly, revert.
  2. intentional abuse in small ranking letters can't be seen so easily, that's why i called.
  3. regarding on that menu-back, that's what i'm talking about. tried and finally fits.

To end this shit, I volunteer to do HD Remasters of this skin.
Can only do this much http://puu.sh/ptBr9.rar
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Okay okay, so we're all settled?

I see what you meant now cuz of the images... but really sorry, they make things hard to see... thanks for the attempt tho!

+ menu back not work for me... but works for u so ok!
OsuMe65
We're done. Take it from here onwards.
Nice doing business with ya :)
-birb
hey buddy I liked your skin its really well done. But your option zip file is pretty broken. i extracted it on my computer and then wanted to delete it. But it doesnt get deleted it gives me an error. But who cares! Your skin is fantastic! I have one request. Make the notes bigger.
Mozu
Am I the only one that can't open the "Re-select skin in options panel." folder after unpacking the zip file? It works when i look through files in zip file but it's pain in the ass opening every file to check it :/ help pls
Topic Starter
-yuo-

otakupingu wrote:

hey buddy I liked your skin its really well done. But your option zip file is pretty broken. i extracted it on my computer and then wanted to delete it. But it doesnt get deleted it gives me an error. But who cares! Your skin is fantastic! I have one request. Make the notes bigger.

Mozu wrote:

Am I the only one that can't open the "Re-select skin in options panel." folder after unpacking the zip file? It works when i look through files in zip file but it's pain in the ass opening every file to check it :/ help pls

I don't see anything wrong with it on my side (mac). Could you two explain in a little more detail, so i can fix it? How does it not work? >it doesn't show up >cant open etc.

otakupingu wrote:

I have one request. Make the notes bigger.

There's an option for this in the folder... but yeh... i cant find a problem, I need more detail

Thanks for the feedback and appreciation!
Mozu
When I want to open the "Re-select skin in options panel." it says "Location C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Some Folder\OPTIONS 3.0 (1)\OPTIONS 3.0 copy\For changes to work,\Re-select skin in options panel. is not available." It also says some things that i need to check if my disc is connected and try again and if that won't work than location of this file could be moved or deleted. I have Win10 btw. Also I have the same problem as otakupingu: After i unpacked zip file to folder i can't delete that folder but i can delete the zip file. It says "There is probably no more element in C:\Users\Me\Desktop. Check the location of element and try again.".
LERUfic
dude... dont give a folder name with dot at the end.. windows cant process it
ex. blablabla.
please fix this...

btw.. your skin is awesome... i love it 8-)

and for mania skin... can you make the space key in 7k to have yellow color (dont have to be yellow but something different from s,d,f,j,k,l)

sorry for my bad english :)
Topic Starter
-yuo-

LERUfic wrote:

dude... dont give a folder name with dot at the end.. windows cant process it
ex. blablabla.
please fix this...
Ok, thanks for the heads up! I didn't know this because full stops and other punctuation are supported on Mac. A fix will be coming soon. (about a day to a week from now) This has been fixed. (hopefully, anyway)

LERUfic wrote:

and for mania skin... can you make the space key in 7k to have yellow color (dont have to be yellow but something different from s,d,f,j,k,l)
I have working on that. How did you guess i made it yellow? :P Is it okay for you to wait a while? I have some other ideas that make it clearer to see which notes hit which keys, but might take a while. If you really cant wait i can PM you the yellow notes and always-coloured keys, if you want...

Mozu wrote:

When I want to open the "Re-select skin in options panel." it says... blahblahblah...
Thanks to LERUfic, i now know the problem. But thanks for the extra detail anyway. It was really helpful, as i now know it's blamed on Windows's file system. I'll refer to your comment if deleting the full stop doesn't work when i test it on the PC. - This has been fixed. Re-download the options to start again...

thanks everyone!
pinkseed
:cry: how can I get it
Topic Starter
-yuo-

pinkseed wrote:

:cry: how can I get it
Umm... There are three download buttons under 'download' at the first post... Click one of those buttons to download your choice, then open the downloaded file with osu!. Osu should install it for you when you do, then you can use it. If you need more help feel free to ask!
Randshot
I really like your skin I look forward to your final release.
There are a couple things that could use improvement though.
I think that the gameplay elements (Osu! Standard) overall are a bit too shiny. With shiny I mean that I sometimes have difficulties seeing the next notes because all of the elements have similar colors, especially the glow for the return slider overshadows a lot of elements.
I would also like for the numbers to have a border in some kind, so that they are more easily spotted. For example a black/grey shadow or a solid border.

These are just a couple suggestions of mine ;)
xi9w
This has the potential to be without a doubt my absolute favourite osu! skin. Only things that I think are a shame is that it's SD only (I know you'd have to remake the entire skin for full HD/SD support. Which is why I don't request you act on this; just a suggestion for future skins.)
kawaii
~discover an innovative skin~
~try something different~

it's not just a skin, it's a life experience
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Meaning good or bad...? :? Soz.. Lol

*this reply will soon be edited so that it replies to randshot and xi9w*
ItsNamBTW
cool but just like in voez skin for mania. it feels empty. like too soft.
Infamous
Good skin for troll. Can't imagine someone uses this seriously
Topic Starter
-yuo-
COMMENTS

Randshot

Randshot wrote:

I really like your skin I look forward to your final release.
There are a couple things that could use improvement though.
I think that the gameplay elements (Osu! Standard) overall are a bit too shiny. With shiny I mean that I sometimes have difficulties seeing the next notes because all of the elements have similar colors, especially the glow for the return slider overshadows a lot of elements.
I would also like for the numbers to have a border in some kind, so that they are more easily spotted. For example a black/grey shadow or a solid border.

These are just a couple suggestions of mine ;)
Personally i agree with bad visibility... been trying to fix visibility issues for a long time! I'll take your suggestions into account sometime in the future when i do come back to skinning. adding black to some elements is also one of my ideas, but conflicts since black is kinda weird for this theme. Its so confusing!!!

xi9w

xi9w wrote:

This has the potential to be without a doubt my absolute favourite osu! skin. Only things that I think are a shame is that it's SD only (I know you'd have to remake the entire skin for full HD/SD support. Which is why I don't request you act on this; just a suggestion for future skins.)
Wow thanks!!! I learnt the lesson and made HD first for the other skin.. :? I did keep some PSDs so i might be able to HD-ify this in the future... but for now, i'm busy. :cry:

kawaii

kawaii wrote:

~discover an innovative skin~
~try something different~

it's not just a skin, it's a life experience
Meaning good or bad...? :? Soz.. Lol

Paawan

Paawan wrote:

cool but just like in voez skin for mania. it feels empty. like too soft.
sorry, i need more detail to fix or provide an explanation for this... can i ask what part of the skin is like this for you? I assume your comment on the VOEZ skin said it was gameplay, but just to be sure...

oh and maybe you should check out the options folder. theres tons of variations there so you can change things to your content.

Infamous

Infamous wrote:

Good skin for troll. Can't imagine someone uses this seriously
Have you tried to change some elements using the options folder? you should try to revert the approach circle to the normal version, and the hit circle overlay to the thick one.
Underforest
gj
softhusky
disgracefully blinding

kappa
Xial
Such a great skin ~
Yukisa_old_1
This is video but sorry using Bandicam if OBS i do not have VGA because computer parents

Topic Starter
-yuo-
REPLIES

Underforest

Underforest wrote:

gj
gj :D

SkyLifeHope

SkyLifeHope wrote:

disgracefully blinding

kappa
have you tried the options folder to make it like a regular skin? if that doesn't work, could you please tell me exactly what is blinding you?
thanks!

Xial

Xial wrote:

Such a great skin ~
thanks!

Yukisa

Yukisa wrote:

This is video but sorry using Bandicam if OBS i do not have VGA because computer parents

woah. thanks for your great effort! however...
the song is kinda inappropriate...
i'll use some footage from it in my own video though.
but anyway, thank you so much for your effort!
BaraWolf
Holy Crap this skin is too clean
show more