forum

Tatsh - IMAGE -MATERIAL-

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Bara-
Uhm
I changed one of the offsets in the calm part from xxx109 to xxx112 to make sure unsnaps couldn't happen
That's the only thing I did in timing
JBHyperion
Changing uninherited points requires a rebubble in any case - not that it really matters since I can do that now lol #2

To next BN: Note that a warning is given in Modding Assistant for unused hitsound soft-sldierwhistle2 - please disregard this, as the hitsound is in fact used as an S sampleset addition to sliderbodies where the NC:2 sampleset is used to manipulate slidertick hitsounds.
Sc4v4ng3r

JBHyperion wrote:

Changing uninherited points requires a rebubble in any case - not that it really matters since I can do that now lol #2
Mistakes were made :w
Topic Starter
Bara-
Thanks
HR88 will check it this weekend (hopefully)

Let's see how this goes ^_^
HappyRocket88
Hi! Modding upon your request. This should've made two months ago but things didn't go quite according to plan.

Currently there are many issues that I'd like to discuss with you that really triggers me to rank this map. Let's start:
  1. Firstly, I feel unsure where the soft-sliderwhistle2 and soft-sliderwhistle are being used. Would you mind providing some examples when you use those? Pretty beginner at this hitnormal + hitwhistle technique.
  2. Slider borders must never overlap the slider-body so tightly due players might the confuse of the slider-path while playing it. Some of these aren't acceptable to my standard because beginner players are more used to play on linear motion that do not wiggle as these ones do: 01:58:281 (1) - 03:15:819 (1) - 04:36:127 (1) - 04:53:665 (1) - 06:18:588 (1) -
  3. In the other hand, the tags seems pretty misleading to the actual song. I've researched the song and I just found three relevant tags: <Version 0>, 新曲 and Shinkyoku. Could you tell me what Reflect Beat means in this context? Perhaps it would make sense with the way you named the difficulty; but, does it actually fit with the song/theme/artist fields? The same goes to New Song and the parenthesis among (新曲) and (Shinkyoku).
  4. Is the HP 4 intentional? The way I see it, it feels rather low compared with the density of the objects managed on the overall difficulty. How about if we increase it to 5 correspondingly to the drain Normal are supposed to use?
  5. The opposite issue occurs with the AR. Isn't it a bit high according to how normal are supposed to be? I think we should think about how new players will perceive this difficulty with such as a high AR when the patterning in general. Why don't we lower it till 6 or 5.5 to improve the readability of the objects in the entire diff? I do believe you set it ith a purpose, but I suggest we focus on a lower AR for a better approaching of the objects.
That must be all that worries me to push this map. Hope they can be fixed in accordance to the standards to rank maps nowadays.

Nonetheless, I have some suggestions regarding rhythms and notes-placing which could improve the quality of the map from my own perspective as a modder. Let's see:
  1. 00:17:897 (1) - This spinner plays good but it is somehow misleading the actual sound which started here 00:17:897 - I''m not sure it's a good idea to end it here 00:19:513 - when the wave sound goes until here 00:20:897 - . What about if we end it here 00:20:436 - to cover half part of it and avoid creating awkward hitsound emphasis? Let me know what you think!
  2. 00:56:435 (1) - I'd look like if I were nitpicking the map but this slider-shape could look visually better. What if you move the last grey node to 156|280 to fix this?
  3. I really feel that the default soft-sliderslide over the section which the song gets quieter is somewhat noisy and doesn't fit well in the segment. I think adding an empty soft-sliderslide would match nicely among the usage of sliders over this part.
  4. 01:52:051 (2) - Rhythmically talking, this slider snapped to 2/1 doesn't highlight properly the beats that the song offers in this section. Hence, it ends creating a flat and addled rhythm. What about splitting the slider up into a slider and a note to cover smoothly the beats here? I do believe this would emphasize better the pattern creating a more comfortable rhythm to play.
  5. There's currently a break between these two sections 02:00:127 - 02:07:512 - which creates an awkward drain for players. The same happens here 04:37:973 - 04:45:357 - The way I see things, they feel forced and no-intuitive due the breaks don't fit when the song actually supports mapping those parts. whether I think it's good to have breaks, these ones feel rather random. What do you think?
  6. 04:01:511 (3) - 04:04:280 (2) - I'm not sure that is a good idea to use those circles when you were following the piano waves at the beginning. Therefore, I think it would be way better if you removed them to simply the rhythm and keep consistency with the patterning built just before.
  7. 04:05:665 (1,2,3,4,5) - I'm sorry but I can't agree with the pattern you chose to map here. This patterning is off in terms on emphasis and rhythm due it's not following neither the piano tiles-sound nor the waves, hence it ends feeling a tedious to play despite it's mapped to 1/1 beats. What about if we try up this rhythm instead? In this way, piano is followed up until it comes to the timing change of the song and it might flow better with the overall hitsound usage. Try it!
  8. 04:16:408 (1) - This is only a suggestion bur replacing this with a spinner would make a more epic pattern than the actual circle. The problem is that leaving it with just one circle, it misleads the instruments that comes up here that should have an emphasis due the acute sound it produces. Therefore, I do believe a spinner would definitely cover better this sound.
  9. 05:08:434 (1) - vs 03:15:819 (1) - While I know both patterns represent different purposes in the section they belong, it would be way better if this slider 05:08:434 (1) - was extended to highlight better the drums here as well as you did with the other pattern. Or How about if it were like this?
  10. 05:23:203 (1,2,3) - The blanket here could be better. /w\ Without messing the DS, you could make 05:23:203 (1) - more curve so the approach circle of the next objects cover nicely the sliderborder of this slider making a neater pattern for playing and watching. Consider doing the same here 03:30:589 (1,2,3) - 05:37:973 (1,2,3) -
  11. Despite the kiai is copied and pasted on the second segment, there few differences that you should watch out. For example, let's compare 05:28:741 (1,2) - vs 03:36:127 (1,2) - . Both sections feel really similar but the vocals from both are not. In addition, if you where following vocals here 03:36:127 (1) - I think it would be nice if you do the same here 05:28:741 (1) - by reducing it till here 05:28:741 (1) - and place this slider 05:29:665 (2) - here 05:29:434 - to follow the respectively vocals-waves change. It should look like this:

Do not forget to remove the green lines in case you make this change.
  12. 06:22:280 (1) - The drum additions feel super forced here. What don't we use it as auto as you did with the overall long sliders?
[]
Sorry for the formatting and the ugly mod. Call me back once you've replied to the issues properly. I'm still afraid about some things which worries about this map and I hope they can be fixed respectively.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Not at PC right now, so I can only answer to the 'objective' issues
1.) Refer to JBH's post. Due to sliderbodies changing in sampleset for easier ticksounding, some tools note it as missing, while it is used
2.) I'll look at those later, though as long as it's clear for the player it should be fine
3.) Most people know the song as Image -Material- <Version 0>, as that is Scorp's metadata, which is however incorrect. Then I got told is 新曲 instead of Version 0. I decided to add these jnto tags so people could find it more easily. As for Reflec Beat, a cut version of this song was into that game (IIRC)
4.) I think higher HP would be too harsh for most players, as it's rather long, and there are some breaks after spinners which cause HP drain. Setting it to 4.5 (maybe even to 5) will likely not hurt too much, so sure! I'll change it
5.) I have seen that a lot of players actually get confused by a lower AR, due to it all being too cluttered. I always had it at 6.0, but before the BN mods (2nd round) I decided to highten it to 6.5 to increase readability. Setting it to 6.0 might not hurt that much, so I'll chage that too!

I'll look at the rest tomorrow
Thanks!
Topic Starter
Bara-

HappyRocket88 wrote:

Hi! Modding upon your request. This should've made two months ago but things didn't go quite according to plan.

Currently there are many issues that I'd like to discuss with you that really triggers me to rank this map. Let's start:
  1. Firstly, I feel unsure where the soft-sliderwhistle2 and soft-sliderwhistle are being used. Would you mind providing some examples when you use those? Pretty beginner at this hitnormal + hitwhistle technique. Look at 00:56:435 (1) - for example. Soft addition, and both set 1 and 2 (for slidertickhitsounding)
  2. Slider borders must never overlap the slider-body so tightly due players might the confuse of the slider-path while playing it. Some of these aren't acceptable to my standard because beginner players are more used to play on linear motion that do not wiggle as these ones do: 01:58:281 (1) - 03:15:819 (1) - 04:36:127 (1) - This one is no wiggle, it's a loop with a visible hole, so there are no problems in its readability04:53:665 (1) - I've talked about this with Loctav, and he said it is fine (someone said it wasn't, he said it was fine06:18:588 (1) -
  3. In the other hand, the tags seems pretty misleading to the actual song. I've researched the song and I just found three relevant tags: <Version 0>, 新曲 and Shinkyoku. Could you tell me what Reflect Beat means in this context? Perhaps it would make sense with the way you named the difficulty; but, does it actually fit with the song/theme/artist fields? The same goes to New Song and the parenthesis among (新曲) and (Shinkyoku). refer to my previos post
  4. Is the HP 4 intentional? The way I see it, it feels rather low compared with the density of the objects managed on the overall difficulty. How about if we increase it to 5 correspondingly to the drain Normal are supposed to use? Since there are breaks, I 've set it to 5
  5. The opposite issue occurs with the AR. Isn't it a bit high according to how normal are supposed to be? I think we should think about how new players will perceive this difficulty with such as a high AR when the patterning in general. Why don't we lower it till 6 or 5.5 to improve the readability of the objects in the entire diff? I do believe you set it ith a purpose, but I suggest we focus on a lower AR for a better approaching of the objects.
That must be all that worries me to push this map. Hope they can be fixed in accordance to the standards to rank maps nowadays.

Nonetheless, I have some suggestions regarding rhythms and notes-placing which could improve the quality of the map from my own perspective as a modder. Let's see:
  1. 00:17:897 (1) - This spinner plays good but it is somehow misleading the actual sound which started here 00:17:897 - I''m not sure it's a good idea to end it here 00:19:513 - when the wave sound goes until here 00:20:897 - . What about if we end it here 00:20:436 - to cover half part of it and avoid creating awkward hitsound emphasis? Let me know what you think! The wavesound starts at the downbeat the spinner ends on, and it ends on the next downbeat. I think it's better to have it in its current state, as it'll be some sort of gap (the wave)
  2. 00:56:435 (1) - I'd look like if I were nitpicking the map but this slider-shape could look visually better. What if you move the last grey node to 156|280 to fix this?
  3. I really feel that the default soft-sliderslide over the section which the song gets quieter is somewhat noisy and doesn't fit well in the segment. I think adding an empty soft-sliderslide would match nicely among the usage of sliders over this part. It's to simulate the sounds of the guitars
  4. 01:52:051 (2) - Rhythmically talking, this slider snapped to 2/1 doesn't highlight properly the beats that the song offers in this section. Hence, it ends creating a flat and addled rhythm. What about splitting the slider up into a slider and a note to cover smoothly the beats here? I do believe this would emphasize better the pattern creating a more comfortable rhythm to play. It follows the strong violins here
  5. There's currently a break between these two sections 02:00:127 - 02:07:512 - which creates an awkward drain for players. The same happens here 04:37:973 - 04:45:357 - The way I see things, they feel forced and no-intuitive due the breaks don't fit when the song actually supports mapping those parts. whether I think it's good to have breaks, these ones feel rather random. What do you think? I want to add a few breaks so the player can rest, as it's only a 2* map. Having a long segemt of over 2 minutes seems too harsh for me, so I think that these breaks work fine in that sense
  6. 04:01:511 (3) - 04:04:280 (2) - I'm not sure that is a good idea to use those circles when you were following the piano waves at the beginning. Therefore, I think it would be way better if you removed them to simply the rhythm and keep consistency with the patterning built just before. You do know I'm following the violin in this whole part?
  7. 04:05:665 (1,2,3,4,5) - I'm sorry but I can't agree with the pattern you chose to map here. This patterning is off in terms on emphasis and rhythm due it's not following neither the piano tiles-sound nor the waves, hence it ends feeling a tedious to play despite it's mapped to 1/1 beats. What about if we try up this rhythm instead? In this way, piano is followed up until it comes to the timing change of the song and it might flow better with the overall hitsound usage. Try it! Did something competely different here!
  8. 04:16:408 (1) - This is only a suggestion bur replacing this with a spinner would make a more epic pattern than the actual circle. The problem is that leaving it with just one circle, it misleads the instruments that comes up here that should have an emphasis due the acute sound it produces. Therefore, I do believe a spinner would definitely cover better this sound.
  9. 05:08:434 (1) - vs 03:15:819 (1) - While I know both patterns represent different purposes in the section they belong, it would be way better if this slider 05:08:434 (1) - was extended to highlight better the drums here as well as you did with the other pattern. Or How about if it were like this?
  10. 05:23:203 (1,2,3) - The blanket here could be better. /w\ Without messing the DS, you could make 05:23:203 (1) - more curve so the approach circle of the next objects cover nicely the sliderborder of this slider making a neater pattern for playing and watching. Consider doing the same here 03:30:589 (1,2,3) - 05:37:973 (1,2,3) -
  11. Despite the kiai is copied and pasted on the second segment, there few differences that you should watch out. For example, let's compare 05:28:741 (1,2) - vs 03:36:127 (1,2) - . Both sections feel really similar but the vocals from both are not. In addition, if you where following vocals here 03:36:127 (1) - I think it would be nice if you do the same here 05:28:741 (1) - by reducing it till here 05:28:741 (1) - and place this slider 05:29:665 (2) - here 05:29:434 - to follow the respectively vocals-waves change. It should look like this:

Do not forget to remove the green lines in case you make this change.
  12. 06:22:280 (1) - The drum additions feel super forced here. What don't we use it as auto as you did with the overall long sliders?
[]
Sorry for the formatting and the ugly mod. Call me back once you've replied to the issues properly. I'm still afraid about some things which worries about this map and I hope they can be fixed respectively.
Thanks!
All things unrepliedto are fixed!
HappyRocket88
Hi hi!

I honestly didn't find too much issues to point out now. The mapset improved a lot since you applied the mod and I agree with almost everything in this map. Nonetheless, I still disagree with the "violin" you said you had followed here 01:52:051 (2) - I don't know if my headphones are bad but I do listen to the transition of the violin here, but it's not flat. It actually has two waves: one which starts here 01:52:051 - and the other one which transits here 01:52:281 - Therefore, highlight them with 1/1 slider + a circle would fit this segment the best and would avoid that simple rhythm the song isn't supporting.

Aside from it and despite the reduced volume over this line 04:18:906 - the sound of giving score when players clears the spinner-drain feels out of place. I think it would feel more natural if you added a mute spinnerspin and spinnerbonus to let that effect out of the segment which doesn't make it feel intuitive.

That's all from me. Let me know what you think and if we can get into an agreement or not to see what else we can do. n.n/
Topic Starter
Bara-
Fixed both (though I did something else in the 1:52 one)
Thanks!
HappyRocket88
(ノ≧◡≦)ノ
Akasha-
Holy ...

(looks like it should be ends at 05:29:204 - (+2ms)

Anymore, these two files: soft-sliderwhistle.wav and soft-sliderwhistle2.wav are unused (because you only use S:C1 and S:C3 (...) hitsound timings, not S and S:C2

Anyway, it's a good map, hope you get it back soon
Good luck
HappyRocket88
Cellina
rip
Doyak

HappyRocket88 wrote:

This is why you should have modded my map instead xDDDDDDDDDD
CLSW
plz my image material.. nvm
Anxient
set of fucking fire

congratz!
Weber
Don't call me back

I like it, congrats on qualify, more easy approval maps! :3c
JBHyperion
Rip the 2ms unsnap.

The unused hitsound file error was explained in my previous posts - p/5189968 - but there was definitely an SC:2 sampleset here before... Where did SC:3 come from, there are no sampleset 3 files present in the song folder orz.

Should be an easy fix, so call me when you fixed the issues and we'll get it back.
Sc4v4ng3r
Oh man rip :c
Call me back when the issue is fixed.
Weber
actually looking through it again, there are a few small changes you could make:

00:24:590 (4,1) - Looks a little off, could curve around it a little tighter: http://puu.sh/pmxJu/2683f2fc67.jpg
00:36:128 (1,2) - You could red tick this to curve perfectly into the slider ;w;
00:59:204 (2) - The end of this curves a little too far into (1): as seen here: http://puu.sh/pmxDq/bdc2fc1a74.jpg A slight adjustment to the left should fix it
03:03:820 (4,5) - You could rotate both of these slightly so that (5) curves into 03:04:743 (1) - would look sick
03:57:357 (3,1) - Looks a little better like so: http://puu.sh/pmycU/a78e1a8270.jpg
04:35:204 (2) - A Finish hitsound on the start of this would be nice imo
06:21:357 (1,1) - Very, VERY slight adjustment to the blanket to make it look a little nicer: http://puu.sh/pmyqH/446351a7f5.jpg

good luck!
Secretpipe
Too easy maybe ? lol

Gz anyway
_DT3
Oh I hope this is the run for ranking, waiting so long for this to get ranked!
Gratz Bara-!
Surono
makes me want to map katana/footshoe diff taco for app. gg
Topic Starter
Bara-
Thanks guys!

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

Holy ...

(looks like it should be ends at 05:29:204 - (+2ms)Oh shit, you're right

Anymore, these two files: soft-sliderwhistle.wav and soft-sliderwhistle2.wav are unused (because you only use S:C1 and S:C3 (...) hitsound timings, not S and S:C2
They are used, 00:56:435 (1) - for example. Soft slider-addition on both C1 and :2
Anyway, it's a good map, hope you get it back soon
Good luck

JBHyperion wrote:

Rip the 2ms unsnap.

The unused hitsound file error was explained in my previous posts - p/5189968 - but there was definitely an SC:2 sampleset here before... Where did SC:3 come from, there are no sampleset 3 files present in the song folder orz. If there is a S:Cx, where there are no samples of number x, it just plays as S, nothing special

Should be an easy fix, so call me when you fixed the issues and we'll get it back.

Tatsuyu wrote:

actually looking through it again, there are a few small changes you could make:

00:24:590 (4,1) - Looks a little off, could curve around it a little tighter: http://puu.sh/pmxJu/2683f2fc67.jpg Such nazi, fixing tho
00:36:128 (1,2) - You could red tick this to curve perfectly into the slider ;w; This is just too nazi to fix (as in, I don'rt even see how it's off)
00:59:204 (2) - The end of this curves a little too far into (1): as seen here: http://puu.sh/pmxDq/bdc2fc1a74.jpg A slight adjustment to the left should fix itNot noticable during gameplay
03:03:820 (4,5) - You could rotate both of these slightly so that (5) curves into 03:04:743 (1) - would look sick Intended
03:57:357 (3,1) - Looks a little better like so: http://puu.sh/pmycU/a78e1a8270.jpg
04:35:204 (2) - A Finish hitsound on the start of this would be nice imo No need for this, nothing in the music makes this sound much more stronger than the rest
06:21:357 (1,1) - Very, VERY slight adjustment to the blanket to make it look a little nicer: http://puu.sh/pmyqH/446351a7f5.jpg

good luck!
Thanks everyone!
I'll ask a QAT to DQ over the unsnap (and in the meantime also change the :c3 parts, and somethings from the mods)
Spork Lover
Gl on the Q :3
Quick thing I thought about:
04:58:973 (5,2) - Isn't this overlap a little scary for a normal player? I often hear about quote on quote "unrankable" overlaps on the reverse arrow but yeah ^^

Also, a long portion of the song isn't mapped, I'd assume you could cut the 10 non-audible seconds away or something to reduce filesize a little bit :)

Also, nice reverse Star Rating from the Scorpiour diff <3 :^)
IamKwaN
Indeed, 2ms unsnapped object does not directly result in a disqualification.

As for hitsounds, I have no idea which hitsounds are left unused. I could only see C1 and C2 samples in the timing panel and there are no C3 samples in the folder.

Checked what JBH mentioned and the difficulty, all of them are used. Am I wrong?

Spork Lover wrote:

04:58:973 (5,2) - Isn't this overlap a little scary for a normal player? I often hear about quote on quote "unrankable" overlaps on the reverse arrow but yeah ^^
The hitburst of 04:58:973 (5) - fades away completely when 05:00:357 (2) - appears, so it is okay. And probably we should not treat the difficulty as a Normal, it's slightly harder than a Normal with the amount of back-and-forth overlaps in the difficulty from my perspective.

Glancing through the map, 05:52:742 (1) - should be on the right side of 05:52:281 (2) - though and some of the blankets are indeed quite unpolished.

Please poke the QAT if you still need a DQ, Bara-~
Topic Starter
Bara-
O.o
Did not expect this
I'll fix the blankets IF another major thing comes up, but I find them not important enough (most players don't notice if it's off by 1px when playing anyways!
BlueberrySansy
Hope you don't get disqualified (because I see this ain't worthy for ranking imo) Oh wait there's a easy version of Genryuu Kaiko ranked nvm ._.
Battle
yeah and it's mapped by bara as well lmao
Topic Starter
Bara-
Correct
What's the next easy/normal approval you want?
Okoratu
big black easy o wait that's not 5 mins damn
Raiden
Apparition
Anxient

Bara- wrote:

Correct
furioso melodia
[Shiny]

Bara- wrote:

Correct
AugoEidEs please
MBomb

Bara- wrote:

Correct
furioso melodia or dreamless wanderer would be cool

amazing map, good job as always <3
Ciyus Miapah
holy shit this is hardest map i've played

gratz bara! :)

Raiden wrote:

Apparition
KUNGLAO
Surono
K U N G L A O sensei `L_`

pls Fort

waifu versus
Kibbleru
sigh.. AGAIN with these salad/cup/platter diffspreads. why would u map such an intense song and then map a cup diff along with it? when i saw image material i thought "finally some quality overdose diffs for the ctb community finally" but i get dissapointed to find this cup bn circklejerk x d.
Yuii-
Still not as intense as DREAM SOLISTER or Contrail Kiseki
UP TOP! 👌
7ambda

Bara- wrote:

Correct
Any Mazzerin song.
show more