forum

[invalid] Multiple Accounts

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +23
Topic Starter
- Flutter -
So, I've had this idea for a pretty long time.

Some people who like farming or who play for pp get frustrated when they have reached all their goals in terms of pp or other statistics. I think this is also one of the reasons people multiaccount, they want to "relive the joy" of starting over (Of course not all of them do, but at least some of them do.). I would really just like to be able to start over again and achieve my scores and goals another time, like building up my pp again.

So, what I was thinking is that you can have one main account that you play on, everything is ranked on there. Then, you could create subaccounts that are not visible for ranking. These don't show up in any scoreboards, leaderboards or in any other way, just as if they were local accounts, except their plays get counted and everything gets calculated and treated like all the official scores. This could also be used in other ways than for your own need to get pp again, like for example when you have a friend over who wants to play, but you don't want to log off (for whatever reason, this is just a stupid example).

This could be done by clicking on your own "playercard" (I don't know what exactly you call it, I'm sorry.) in the song selection menu. When you click it, a list pops up (Just like when you klick on the "Sort by ..." and "Group by ..." tabs) with your current account and a plus with a "create new unranked account" next to it.

When you click on the "create new unranked account", you get to a screen with options, just like registering. You can set your name (names can be used multiple times because they aren't ranked anyway) and a password if you want to and that's it.

That unranked account will be shown in the list after it's created.

(The small thing written over the "I've been waiting for..." card says "(unranked)".)

You will see what your rank would be, how many pp you would have, what your accuracy would be and just everything you can see when playing online, just without anyone else seeing it. (The profile should be accessible online to see stats tho, maybe you can have another tab on the profile of a user for that.

Now you can press on the "playercard" and choose one of the accounts you want to have. The name, password (if you have one) and stats are saved on the server and you can play on them even if you lose all your data. Your "playercard" in the song selection menu will be your active account.

On this account, players can do everything they want. I don't think it would completely stop all of it, but I'm sure this would help with people who hack and multiaccount. Some people don't want others to believe that they are really good, they just want to have fun (And yes, to some people hacking is fun. Just like multiaccounting, they just want to have fun again).

This could also be a feature for supporters or a feature that costs money, just like the name changes.

I've had this idea mostly because I felt the need to start over again, just to reexperiencing starting over again, even if you can't reset your skills. But of course I don't want to do anything against the rules, so this seems to be the only solution for this problem (at least for me).

So, I think this wraps it up. I hope some of you agree with me and want to have a feature like that too. Bye!
Underforest
I'm rejected with this idea

It will not help create unranked accounts
Just prefer the single account
Yuii-
Just play offline.
Bara-

Yuii- wrote:

Just play offline.
Topic Starter
- Flutter -

Yuii- wrote:

Just play offline.
Well, the thing I wanna see are stats. New stats. I don't even need to play offline, that's just like playing online.
Sea_Food
If it cost money most people would just do normal multiaccounting instead. Besides a much more reasonable suggestion would be to just allow multiaccounting. The 0.1% chance of that happening is no lower than your idea.
Topic Starter
- Flutter -

Sea_Food wrote:

If it cost money most people would just do normal multiaccounting instead. Besides a much more reasonable suggestion would be to just allow multiaccounting. The 0.1% chance of that happening is no lower than your idea.
That's true. I know this won't be done but I still wanted to suggest it and see what people think.
Sea_Food
That goes without saying in pretty much all suggestion forums
M a h o u
I like this idea a lot.
vitail
i like this idea
-Haruki
I like the idea also..
Endaris

- Flutter - wrote:

Yuii- wrote:

Just play offline.
Well, the thing I wanna see are stats. New stats. I don't even need to play offline, that's just like playing online.
Your new stats are fake. You can't erase your skill.
You can also give your local scores a custom username while playing offline by scrolling down at the end result screen. This essentially boils down to the unranked account with a completely free username.
So
Just play offline.

These don't show up in any scoreboards, leaderboards or in any other way, just as if they were local accounts, except their plays get counted and everything gets calculated and treated like all the official scores.
This in particular doesn't make any sense.
Sea_Food
^missing the point compleatly
Endaris

Sea_Food wrote:

^missing the point compleatly
I got 8k pp on my smurf but you can't see the scores, rip. Kappa

I got 4 accounts in challenjour. Secretly.
SkyHill
I've been wanting this for so long ;_; just a lower account to dick around on and try different things
Endie-

SkyHill wrote:

I've been wanting this for so long ;_; just a lower account to dick around on and try different things
You can dick around with your account why use a seperate?
PatZar
lol, peppy should add a reset pp
Rilene

PatZar wrote:

lol, peppy should add a reset pp
With 4-layer confirmation, kappa.
PyaKura
I very much agree with the idea. I can understand why multiaccount is banned but this subaccount thing the OP suggested might just work. I know I'd use it to check my evolution over time, i.e. creating one of those sub-accounts each month and see how I've improved by comparing the stats I have between each sub-accounts. That is mainly how I would use it. As of now keeping track of your individual stats, such as Accuracy, with a single account is too much of a hassle for me to bother. I strongly disagree with allowing cheating with those sub-accounts though.

But yeah, supporting.

@OP : you should probably rename the title so people don't get the wrong idea when they can't be arsed to read the whole post. Sub-accounting does sound like a more appropriate term to me.
Stefan
I see zero sense behind this request:

-) Want to play for fun? Stop bothering about ranks and PP.
-) If your scores won't be shown in the leaderboards, ranking, etc.: what's the point to stay online, unless this would be offline play?
-) In case you're visible by other users: having an own name for the sub-account is just a bad way if you have no money for name changes from the Store. + it leaves people the possibility to troll with an unknown alias, whether if they're silenced on the client or not, they just can do bullshit and nobody will know that.
Topic Starter
- Flutter -

Stefan wrote:

I see zero sense behind this request:

-) Want to play for fun? Stop bothering about ranks and PP.
-) If your scores won't be shown in the leaderboards, ranking, etc.: what's the point to stay online, unless this would be offline play?
-) In case you're visible by other users: having an own name for the sub-account is just a bad way if you have no money for name changes from the Store. + it leaves people the possibility to troll with an unknown alias, whether if they're silenced on the client or not, they just can do bullshit and nobody will know that.
1st: For some people getting pp is fun. It's as simple as that.

2nd: It's just so that you can see your stats.

3rd: I said that you can see that account with the name on the profile of the player, not that it's a new account. And what I forgot to say is that you won't be shown online on your offline account, you will be online but under your normal name.
Stefan

- Flutter - wrote:

1st: For some people getting pp is fun. It's as simple as that.
What about improving in general and not just farming pp up? Improving can also be fun if you try to invest some time into this. And it brings you farther than just starting over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I don't say your opinion is invalid but I think this kind of playstyle hardly will work with osu!'s system - which has been unchanged in this point since begin.