SOFT: osu!mania FFA Tournament - Concluded [Winner: Cobo-]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Halogen-

The Fire Tiger wrote:

I have a game for everyone.

The tier 1 song is not going to have the special formula due to how tricky it is, right? Well... what if it still applied?

Take your highest score right now on Chloroplast Skin and do the confusing math to get your new score. On a scale of 1 to 10, how screwed are you now?

Simply put:

I'm f*cked.
Keep working! Practice will only help you on something where the main component of difficulty is purely based on timing.

Zekna wrote:

I have to say that while I'm worried about my performance on the maps, they feel very unique (as someone who has basically only played osu!mania). Either through Halogen's SM background or desire to test specific skills with the qualifier maps, the patterning feels drastically different and uncomfortable compared to the types of patterning I normally see on ranked osu!m maps. This is something I'm quite excited about and appreciate quite a bit, especially coupled with such heavy incentive to practice them.
SM background combined with a o!m skillset now, on top of the fact that I wanted multiple skillsets tested, and yeah, it should feel quite a bit different. :P
lenpai
Chloroplast is easily the hardest map in the set.
Weird rhythm + OD 10 LNs + SVs

Sad
Chrubble
Sorry if this is an inconvenience,
kinda late on this but my schedule changed since tennis season started, sorry about not updating sooner

(UTC-8)
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday: 6:45 PM - 11:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM

thanks in advance
again sorry, i should've updated sooner
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Chrubble, you're playing at 21:00 UTC for the qualifiers on Saturday, February 20th, so you shouldn't have any issues. With most matches occuring on the weekends, and any Fridays occurring during the evening time for US players, you should be more than fine with your availability. I'll still make the change on the OP and in our scheduling sheet to at least make sure that things are alright for you.
Kernaus

I feel like i almost got hit by a meteor.

Still not gonna make it past the qualifiers most likely but hey
Marilyth

Halogen- wrote:

Also, here's a Discord link for all of the players in the tournament! Drop in, say hello - meet your competitors, and have a good time!

https://discord.gg/0oyjlDKvbrCAKOyZ
It doesn't seem to work for me. It says the link is either expired or invalid..

Also going to let you know, that I really like the "Kannamix - Pandora (ft. NoneLikeJoshua + Roniit)" map o:
Shoegazer
Halogen- must've posted a link that expired - no big deal.

https://discord.gg/0oyjlDKvbr88UaIr

Quoting again for convenience:

Halogen- wrote:

Qualifiers are up! Best of luck to everyone has entered - train hard, as these are not very easy songs to play through!

QUALIFIERS
Lifeformed - Chloroplast Skin [Colorless]
Anamanaguchi - Power Supply [Charge]
Kannamix - Pandora (ft. None Like Joshua + Roniit) [Demise]
DesoloZ - Summoned Beast Battle [Destruction]

EDIT: One more thing -- as a result of how Chloroplast Skin ended up coming out, I am actually going to eliminate the formula that was intended to be applied for the accuracy on it. You guys are gonna have more than a hard enough time trying to score on that thing. >_____>
Topic Starter
Halogen-

Kernaus wrote:

I feel like i almost got hit by a meteor.
Why do you say that?
-Konner-
Just wanted to put this here.

For the qualifier stage, you will all be playing in groups. These groups will all play the qualifier mappool together in a multiplayer lobby (per group not all groups together). The maps are all played twice and the best score which you achieve will be your listed score.

The scores of all players (not just your group), will then be added together (all 4 of the qualifier map scores).

The scores will then be sorted in order from highest to lowest in order to determine the initial seeding for the RO128. This will also determine which players will not qualifying.

So basically. The qualifier group lobbies which you play in and who you play with, has no affect on your overall score and chance of qualifying for the RO128.

Who you play with will only become relevant once the RO128 has started.

Good luck in the qualifiers everyone. Also everyone should keep checking the original post for more details.
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Precisely.

You can get 8th out of 8 people in your group and still qualify; the purpose of the 8-person groups is for convenience, and so that you can all embarrass yourselves see yourselves on the stream and in the VODs to come. This tournament is something that should be archived and enjoyed after the fact.

But yes, with 198 people in the tournament, the lowest 70 cumulative scores after the qualifier, regardless of the group you are in, will be cut.

If you haven't already joined the Discord for this group, come on in!
https://discord.gg/0oyjlDKvbr92HEAg
LastExceed
please add "I don't like any of them" as option to the survey, as well as "I have no problem with any of them" (althouh I'm pretty sure nobody will choose that xD)
tekuneko

The Fire Tiger wrote:

I have a game for everyone.

The tier 1 song is not going to have the special formula due to how tricky it is, right? Well... what if it still applied?

Take your highest score right now on Chloroplast Skin and do the confusing math to get your new score. On a scale of 1 to 10, how screwed are you now?

Simply put:

I'm f*cked.
Here's my calc, lol:
898747 *[(431+(0.75)255)/768]*[(431+255)/768]
898747 * [0,81022135416] * [0,89322916]

gg no re ;;
Nedeam

chris20194 wrote:

please add "I don't like any of them" as option to the survey, as well as "I have no problem with any of them" (althouh I'm pretty sure nobody will choose that xD)
I agree.
ReTLoM
Here you can copy the file to your google drive and edit the Green one for the Score calculation

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yAUw_tPRqhzcaxPNYLzerYDkgstm2--ALBcRS9rDCpM/edit?usp=sharing
Sarlianna

Halogen- wrote:

the purpose of the 8-person groups is for convenience, and so that you can all embarrass yourselves
most accurate statement I've seen all day
Temper
I'm not going to be able to play on Feb 19-21
Kernaus
Bad news, i probably wont be able to play on 21st at 17:00 UTC, i will be in working in russia for a week and i'll only come back around 22:00 UTC that day, is it possible for me to compete around that time? If not i'll just retire unfortunately, i can't come back to france earlier unless some miracle occurs and i come back on saturday wich is really unlikely to happen
Sarlianna
Not sure how interested in this anyone is, but I put up a quick "mappool showcase" of the qualifier maps. It includes my own attempts and not auto (or someone good playing), so there's quite a few mistakes, but I figure it's useful if anyone wants to have a linkable video to show the maps with.

Kamikaze

chris20194 wrote:

"I have no problem with any of them" (althouh I'm pretty sure nobody will choose that xD)
Don't forget about me ok
Seiryuu
The keycount hipster arrives (again) ^
h i p s t e r
Birbman
Hey I know this is last minute but I had to add another class onto my schedule and wont be able to play until 8:00 PM UTC on mon-fri. If you have already decided the schedule I will try to make it work. I'm sorry for the last minute change in schedule I should have posted earlier.
Topic Starter
Halogen-

Entropy263 wrote:

Hey I know this is last minute but I had to add another class onto my schedule and wont be able to play until 8:00 PM UTC on mon-fri. If you have already decided the schedule I will try to make it work. I'm sorry for the last minute change in schedule I should have posted earlier.
You will likely be alright as long as you're able to play on the weekends. Instances of Friday plays can easily be avoided and most matches will be played on Sa/Su by default. You're alright to play in the qualifiers without a schedule change, though.

Kernaus wrote:

Bad news, i probably wont be able to play on 21st at 17:00 UTC, i will be in working in russia for a week and i'll only come back around 22:00 UTC that day, is it possible for me to compete around that time? If not i'll just retire unfortunately, i can't come back to france earlier unless some miracle occurs and i come back on saturday wich is really unlikely to happen
hmm... do you have a more specific timeframe? It's quite difficult to help you in this case.

Temper wrote:

I'm not going to be able to play on Feb 19-21
You are now in qualifying group 8 instead of group 1 -- this should solve your problem!
Kernaus
hmm... do you have a more specific timeframe? It's quite difficult to help you in this case.
Consider that i'm not able to play before 21st at 22:30 UTC, you can match me anywhere from there to 6:am.
JOEMOMO

Halogen- wrote:

If you haven't already joined the Discord for this group, come on in!
https://discord.gg/0oyjlDKvbr92HEAg
Says its expired
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Discord links expire every 24 hours, haha.

https://discord.gg/0oyjlDKvbrBp6tT6
Topic Starter
Halogen-
NEVER MIND I'M DUMB

Here is a permanent link to enter.
https://discord.gg/0oyjlDKvbrAPZSEV
Daikyi

Halogen- wrote:

I'M DUMB
never forget
SurfChu85
was fun doing a test match before sleeping

When you see it...
-Konner-

SurfChu85 wrote:

was fun doing a test match before sleeping

When you see it...
I like how Halogen's message about being "in true Halogen fashion" before doing that, isn't in your chat ;^)
Topic Starter
Halogen-
hehe, you guys

Kernaus: I'm gonna look into resolving your scheduling situation a bit later today. If you haven't joined the Discord, it'd be a great time to do so since I'm always in there and can usually get caught with a highlight assuming that I'm at my computer.
Kernaus
That'd be cool... if Discord could run on winXP FeelsBadMan FeelsBadMan FeelsBadMan
LastExceed
I just applied my namechange (chris20194 -> LastExceed), wanted to point that out to avoid confusion during the matchmaking
MegaAmoonguss
Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to SS Chroloplast Skin yet? I personally haven't even gotten an S on it because the speed changes mess me up and then there aren't enough notes in the map to make up for it :?
Shoegazer
Halogen- has a mid to high 99 I believe. Don't think anyone has gotten close.
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Didn't realize that I hadn't done this before, but a link to the tournament stream can be found at the very top of the first post.

As an aside, qualifiers begin in less than 48 hours, oh my.
Xiz
Damn these songs Halogen.

I couldn't figure out how best to describe my experience trying to whore these songs, so instead I made a video.

Featuring Daikyi, Entine, Gazelle, and Halogen.
juankristal

Xiz wrote:

Damn these songs Halogen.

I couldn't figure out how best to describe my experience trying to whore these songs, so instead I made a video.

Featuring Daikyi, Entine, Gazelle, and Halogen.
Oh wow
Daikyi
"Entine"
Topic Starter
Halogen-
We are pushing on under 24 hours to go for the tournament qualifiers. Just a few reminders:

- If you have not joined the discord group, please do so! Everyone is hanging out and having a good time: https://discord.gg/0oyjlDKvbrAPZSEV
- The stream for the tournament is located here: http://twitch.tv/osusoft -- spread the word!
- The YouTube for this event is located here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkAaXU ... YZOwevhGCg -- videos of matches will be uploaded to this channel.
- A Twitter will be made for this event when I get home, for tournament-specific information. Stay tuned into this thread for more information.
Daikyi
For those who aren't in the discord:

https://twitter.com/osu_soft

is the twitter you should follow for tourney updates
show more