show more
tfg50

tfg50 wrote:

I'm participating. UTC-3
Don't forget me T.T
Topic Starter
Halogen-

chris20194 wrote:

@-Halogen if you change the tournament shedule you should also edit the original post (it still says sign-ups close at feb11th
Done.

As an aside, sign-ups close in roughly 16.5 hours.
PeteN00b
Just in time before signups close baby, sign me up (UTC+1)

If possible make my matches earlier than ~8 PM GMT

Also are the maps going to range from 4K-7K? Since I'm seeing people on the list that aren't good at 4K and are good @ 7K / the latter
w1sp

Todestrieb

PeteN00b wrote:

Also are the maps going to range from 4K-7K? Since I'm seeing people on the list that aren't good at 4K and are good @ 7K / the latter

Halogen- wrote:

More specifically, it is a 4 key tournament.
Valedict
Dropping out, my left arm is still recovering and I won't be in playing shape for a while.
LightDreamer
I just remembered something with that...... There's a lot of high-ranked mania players entering this tournament..... But nothing says their force is 4k! Some may suck at 4k, so us, little noobs, can have a small chance. (very small)
Alyxia
UTC -8 Any time is ok besides after 1am to 9am :)
Nakira
UTC -7.. Im ready to get rekt! :D
Kernaus
UTC+1 here, i'm in for getting my ass spread wide.
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Was not around yesterday because I fell asleep a bit earlier, but sign-ups are officially closed. A final update to the roster will be done when I get home from work today, and then I will begin working on a qualifying schedule so that everyone can have an idea of when they're going to be scheduled to play. Remember, I am going based off of your availability. Those of you are that are in the positive UTC values can expect to have qualifiers during Friday evening (for myself).
SoundwavePS

LightDreamer wrote:

Some may suck at 4k, so us, little noobs, can have a small chance. (very small)
Our actual chance comes from the fact that the number of people advancing to round of 128 is, well, 128, which is fairly generous.

There's no chance after that. Don't delude yourself. :P
LastExceed
I have a question about the warm-up song selection: Is there a limit to the lengh of the song you are picking as your warm-up song? Because I am sure that if there isn't then there will be at least one troll who picks a 1h+ marathon...

Edit: @Halogen- I guess VI. ROUND OVERVIEWS in the op is outdated, or atleast its not mentioning the "round of 128"
Topic Starter
Halogen-

chris20194 wrote:

I have a question about the warm-up song selection: Is there a limit to the lengh of the song you are picking as your warm-up song? Because I am sure that if there isn't then there will be at least one troll who picks a 1h+ marathon...

Edit: @Halogen- I guess VI. ROUND OVERVIEWS in the op is outdated, or atleast its not mentioning the "round of 128"
I will make clarifications about song lengths for warm-ups for regular matches; qualifiers will not have warm-up periods at all (as you will be playing the four qualifiers twice, near successively). But yeah, simply assume that round of 128 and round of 64 functionally operate the same way.
Reiko
Hey guys :)
Just wanted to say that i want to resign... lost lust to play this game so yea ... maybe next time :3
Cya Guys o/ and gl on this tournament :)
Topic Starter
Halogen-
The roster has been updated for the final time. The count of participants, assuming that I did not make a mistake in the final update (which is very possible because I am very scatter-brained at the moment) comes out to 197. This means that 69 of the participants that have registered for the tournament will not make it past the qualifier.

Meanwhile, I am in the process of setting up a few more logistics for my tournament staff, and I will be working on the schedule in the coming days. Priority on the schedule is slightly lower at the moment being that the qualifiers are not released until the 11th and will be played over two weeks, but it helps to get one of the largest tasks taken care of.

Updates from here will be sparse, since there's really not much that can be updated on the OP with the exception of map pools, but I will be around to answer any questions that you guys might have. I'll additionally be making an update to the OP in the coming days with regards to a few rules regarding warm-up map selections, and the process of the qualifiers, as we will be running a very tight ship here in terms of timing, and I do not play games with punctuality on live events.
LastExceed
My school shedule changed, sorry for the inconvenience...
Old: no 7a-2p (school); weekends ok
New: no 7a-3p (school); weekends ok
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Took care of that for you, thanks for letting me know.

For anyone else who has schedule changes, please do your best to get them in as soon as possible.
Vent
Schedule changed, I'll be busy on February 19th. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Todestrieb
I got exams the 22nd to the 26th february, sorry for the inconvenience.
lim38
Update :

I'm available all weeks (except between 6pm to 8pm on Saturday)

And all Monday and Thursday (except this week)
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Alright, I will do my best to make those changes. Schedules have already been very aggressively worked on, thanks to juankristal, who decided to just step up to the job without me really telling him to.

In other news, there are very serious considerations for a qualifier mappool showcase on the 10th. Will update with more information. :P
juankristal
Whoops! I will take a look At those tomorrow
BeautifulMess
Update:On Saturdays and Sundays I will only be available from 3pm to 10pm
kaname-san92
umm bro if start on 11 feb ill be only free on 6pm onwards in my timezone
GruzzlyBear
Question: the rest of Australia uses daylight saving (UTC+11) however where I live (Brisbane) daylight saving is not active. That means that I am 1 hour behind most of the other people in my time zone. It says UTC+10 on the participants list, however.
Topic Starter
Halogen-

kaname-san92 wrote:

umm bro if start on 11 feb ill be only free on 6pm onwards in my timezone
The qualifiers are released on the 11th, but you would be playing them no sooner than the 19th (20th in your timezone).
BlankPxl
T_T

I am having problems at the current time...
So I regret posting this but...
I am resigning from the tornament due to an unforeseeable future on the condition of my country of residence and thus, my timezone and all that jazz.

I wish everyone else the best of luck :3
Vent
Again, another schedule change! I will be available the 19th, but only late night, so towards 20.00 UTC+1. Again, sorry about the inconvenience, and I'll be sure to post again if my schedule changes.
Topic Starter
Halogen-
so, I didn't bother to remember the fact that I have a certification exam on the 13th, and I'm likely going to be spending the rest of the time this week studying to make sure that it goes well. No showcase for the qualifiers, unfortunately... however, they will still be delivered on the 11th at midnight in UTC-5 (or 05:00 UTC). 38 hours or so before they are released.
[Kazuto]
Well...

I'm sorry to say this but I need to resign from this tournament because I'm not even free at weekends at the moment :c

Sorry for causing any inconvenience :/
Topic Starter
Halogen-
No problem. Life can definitely get in the way sometimes.

See, this is the nice thing about having a qualifier that cuts out a chunk of the field like this: there are no "win by default" situations, since everyone has to play the qualifier. You won't need to be removed from the list at this point - you simply will have a score of 0 when the qualifier comes and be eliminated in that manner instead.

The concept of having a qualifier round cut the field from 197 -> 128 should prove to be effective in mitigating win by default situations (though we know that they will always happen).
Ikaros-
Hey i forgot to update my status.
School started.. basically i can only make it on
-MONDAYS: 7~11pm
-TUESDAYS: whole day, preferably 12pm~11pm
-THURSDAYS: whole day, preferably 12~11pm
-FRIDAYS: 6pm~11pm

free on weekends.

Sorry for not updating this earlier when the spring term started.
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Qualifiers are up! Best of luck to everyone has entered - train hard, as these are not very easy songs to play through!

QUALIFIERS
Lifeformed - Chloroplast Skin [Colorless]
Anamanaguchi - Power Supply [Charge]
Kannamix - Pandora (ft. None Like Joshua + Roniit) [Demise]
DesoloZ - Summoned Beast Battle [Destruction]

EDIT: One more thing -- as a result of how Chloroplast Skin ended up coming out, I am actually going to eliminate the formula that was intended to be applied for the accuracy on it. You guys are gonna have more than a hard enough time trying to score on that thing. >_____>
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Also, here's a Discord link for all of the players in the tournament! Drop in, say hello - meet your competitors, and have a good time!

https://discord.gg/0oyjlDKvbrCAKOyZ
Shoegazer
Post all of your complaints about Chloroplast Skin here.
Sarlianna
God, I sightread Choloplast Skin and got 74% accuracy .__. this is looking like a long road
Kamikaze

Shoegazer wrote:

too easy ;^)
SurfChu85

Shoegazer wrote:

Gonna need more than 20 plays to get something decent ahaha.

EDIT: Third try and this happened.
trexex55
chloroplast got me crazy mad
show more