forum

PolySTREAM World

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nanoK

About
PolySTREAM World is a tournament hosted by nanoK. Many osu! players around the world will participate in teams of two based on their country. The two players whose team won will be granted a prize, along with the title of PolySTREAM World Champion.
Rules
To sign up for PolySTREAM, you must post IN the thread your team members and which country you will be representing*. For larger countries such as the United States, Japan, and Canada (and more), up to 3 teams may represent the country. Sixteen teams of two will be participating in the tournament, so choose to represent your country now! *note that your team may be rejected due to a lack of skill.

To begin the tournament, each team will be organized into spots on a single-elimination form bracket. In the bracket, each team will have one corresponding round one enemy. Each team will play against their round one enemy, and the winner of the game will continue to round two, where the same process will occur. These games will be played in multiplayer, and must follow the following procedure:

1. The players of each team will join an official multiplayer PolySTREAM match, which a password only given to the participants will be entered. In order for the match to count, there must be an official PolySTREAM referee in the match.

2. The captain (player who signed their team up) of each team will roll a die using the command !roll. The winner (highest roller) of the roll will choose two warm-up maps less than three minutes long which are not contained in the mappool. The winner of these warm-up maps will not be granted any points.

3. The loser of the roll will now choose one map from the round mappool which is not the tiebreaker, and the team who wins the game will be granted a point. Then, the other team chooses a map, and continues the procedure.

4. The first team to reach five points from the given nine maps is the winner of the match and continues to the next round. If the players have played all eight maps not including the tiebreaker and there is no winner (4-4 score) then the tiebreaker will be played.

To evaluate the winner of a map played, the sum of the two player's scores will make their team score, and the highest team score is the winner of the game. Each player's score, before added to make the team score, will be multiplied by the following percentages based on their play.

100% - if the player passed the map without failing
75% - if the player failed the map at one point but passed in the end
25% - if the player failed in the end

The mappool for each round is to be announced a week before the round to the participants of the tournament.
Dates
Round One - Saturday 1/16
Round Two - Sunday 1/17
Semi-Finals - Saturday 1/23
Finals - Sunday 1/24

CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE AVAILABLE ON THESE DATES BEFORE YOU SIGN UP, OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU DO NOT SHOW UP
Teams
Team 1 - Argentina
Player 1: -Neko
Player 2: AjeyC

Team 2 - Singapore
Player 1: oneplusone
Player 2: GSBlank

Team 3 - United Kingdom
Player 1: Thor
Player 2: Toucanator

Team 4 - Poland
Player 1: Hantsuki
Player 2: Terello

Team 5 - Sweden
Player 1: elliwz
Player 2: Saya

Team 6 - France
Player 1: Musty
Player 2: NerO

Team 7 - Canada
Player 1: _Naxn_
Player 2: Bullhax

Team 8 - Spain
Player 1: [ Escu ]
Player 2: Pablonr
Topic Starter
nanoK
-Neko
Argentina
Player 1: -Neko
Player 2: AjeyC
Minhtam
Why are the dates so early? You need to give players at least a week to decide whether they want to sign up or not. Otherwise, you're going to have a tournament where not a lot of people are participating because nobody knows that the tournament was even running.
oneplusone
Singapore
Player 1: oneplusone
Player 2: GSBlank

nice tiebreaker
Topic Starter
nanoK
Both Argentina and Singapore have been signed up to participate in the tournament. However, along with six more teams, we need a referee in case I am not present for the tournament.
Jaxalotl
UK

Player 1: Thor
Player 2: Toucanator
Hantsuki
PL

Player 1: Hantsuki
Player 2: [ -Gup- ] <-- He's from Poland, but lives in Canada
Player 3: Terello <--If you do not recognize the player 2.

god.. this tiebreaker :C
Topic Starter
nanoK
Poland and UK have been signed up. Note that [ -Gup- ] was not recognized as a polish player. However he can sign up in a canadian team if he would like.

Bracket: http://challonge.com/polystreamworld#
elliwz
Sweden

Player 1: Elliwz
Player 2: Saya
gracefu
i'll referee for you but i agree that the dates are too early
elliwz
Will this be streamed? And if so where?
elliwz
Ugh... 3 days after asking my question and i still haven't got an answer. ¨

By the way what times are the matches being played on? I mean you've given us the dates but you gotta be a bit more specific
elliwz
Eehm, is this tournament even gonna be held? I mean we havent recieved the times when the matches are supposed to be played, the bracket is a mess and the host is inactive >.>
gracefu
nanoK seems MIA.
Topic Starter
nanoK
Many clarifications will need to be made due to my recent absence from vacation.

Elliwz: the matches won't be streamed unless a referee would like to. Also, expect the matches to be around noon EST

gracefu: you have been signed up as a referee, pm me

Also, the dates are accidently posted as a WEEK EARLY. CORRECT, THE MATCHES WILL BE HELD A WEEK LATER THAN AFTER I SAID SO (1/16 INSTEAD OF 1/9)
Musty
France
Player 1: Musty
Player 2: NerO
_Naxn_
Canada

Player 1: _Naxn_
Player 2: Bullhax
[ Escu ]
SPAIN

Player 1: [ Escu ]
Player 2: pablonr
elliwz
Sooo... can you like give us more specific times for the games? Or do we decide that ourselves with the other team?

Also you might want to update the teams, alot of people joined and they havent been added yet
Woho
Austria: KilianPvP and Soap
gracefu
Organiser seems MIA. Again.
elliwz
*Sigh*
barbie girl
host is probably asleep b/c USA time is like 5-7 hours behind
Jaxalotl
Doubt that this is even going to be held. Host can't even stick to a time!
Topic Starter
nanoK
NOTE TO PARTICIPANTS [those who speculated I didn't care about the tournament]:

I PURPOSELY did not hold the tournament on sunday. The reason Saturday was added as a date was in the case we had 16 teams, which i intended the tournament to have. HOWEVER, we only got 8 teams to participate, so therefore, the first round would be obsolete. THE FIRST ROUND OF THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD TOMORROW AT 12:00.

My apologies, nanoK.
gracefu
UK vs SG will be playing slightly earlier, since SG team has to sleep. I will be refereeing this match.

UK
UTC 12:00
Thor and Toucanator please take note

SG
UTC+8 20:00
oneplusone and GSBlank please take note

Unfortunately I will be sleeping for all the other matches. nanoK will be refereeing those.

The pairings for the other 6 teams are not confirmed. Please wait until ~11:00 EST; nanoK will pair you guys.
gracefu
SG vs UK

mp link: https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/21889592 (the last match, night of knights, is missing but blue won by a landslide on that as well)

SG wins 4-0
Topic Starter
nanoK
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/21896883

Argentina [4] - Sweden [2]