forum

Osu! United States Cup | Canceled!

posted
Total Posts
show more
bahoopla
What happens if a captain fails to setup their team, or if they put the lowest ranked people from their state on the team?
Minhtam

bahoopla wrote:

What happens if a captain fails to setup their team, or if they put the lowest ranked people from their state on the team?
Take this with a grain of salt since I don't run the thing, but from my understanding, it is as follows:

If a captain fails to setup their team, that state withdraws from the tournament.

If the captain decides to put the lowest ranked people from their state on the team, well guess what, that's a team. They're gonna play. But I doubt any captain serious about competing will do that unless those are the only people he or she will pick.
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug

Minhtam wrote:

bahoopla wrote:

Take this with a grain of salt since I don't run the thing, but from my understanding, it is as follows:

If a captain fails to setup their team, that state withdraws from the tournament.

If the captain decides to put the lowest ranked people from their state on the team, well guess what, that's a team. They're gonna play. But I doubt any captain serious about competing will do that unless those are the only people he or she will pick.

Pretty much nailed it.
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug
Teams have been posted! To all players, i wish to you, the best of luck!
bahoopla
No Georgia? D: :( :( oh well, I'll cheer on my friends!
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug

bahoopla wrote:

No Georgia? D: :( :( oh well, I'll cheer on my friends!
Unfortunately, it seems that the person who was supposed to be captain isn't active enough to check his PM's, so he didn't form his team at all
fieryrage

Xilver wrote:

Cali's gonna be super stacked though
Raniemi
Are the brackets already set or still subject to change?
I thought it's suppose to be high seeding vs low seeding first round or something

Omg first round vs New York! :(
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug

Raniemi wrote:

Are the brackets already set or still subject to change?
I thought it's suppose to be high seeding vs low seeding first round or something

Omg first round vs New York! :(
Matchups are random, they've been shuffled countless times, and will be done a couple more times, just before i release mappools
Toy

fieryrage wrote:

Xilver wrote:

Cali's gonna be super stacked though
and i couldn't even participate.

good luck!
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug

[Toy] wrote:

good luck!

You have yourself to blame for that one, toy

Starrodkirby86

TheBronyGames wrote:

[Toy] wrote:

good luck!

I think he means that the team is stacked even as [Toy] is no longer signed up for this tournament, not trying to be salty or anything.

Good luck to everyone!
big boob
I think there are typos in the MD team roster. such as Monko2k being shown as Mono2k, and theres one person on the team I can't even find lol
[ G h o s t ]
Is there any way I can join this still? I'm in Nevada.
chainpullz
Isn't Kaballs north dakota? I smell cali favoritism. :? :? :? :? :?
darklord142
Uhm. Just wondering. How did i not make team Florida? Was it the capitan's decition orrrr..
kablaze

chainpullz wrote:

i asked if i could join cali if nobody signed up for ND because i was born there so they let me lmao
SnailHD
how come the worst player on our team gets x2
Weed

darklord142 wrote:

Uhm. Just wondering. How did i not make team Florida? Was it the capitan's decition orrrr..
that's what im sayin
NixXSkate

_Mugen wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

i asked if i could join cali if nobody signed up for ND because i was born there so they let me lmao
Too bad, could've been your score x4 if you joined North Dakota. North Dakota would've been OP and the only chance against Cali besides maybe NY ;)
Monko2k
Isn't it a little unfair to be a map selector while playing in the tournament..
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug

Monko2k wrote:

To be fair, Lunar can hardly even clear the maps at hand, while i can, but I have school and other crap to deal with on the side, thus reducing my allotted time for practice sessions by at least 15 hours, not to mention managing the whole thing.
Te Amo
At first the tournament seemed like a good idea but it seems badly organized to be honest.
Drgon
Oh look I actually made the Maryland team. neat.
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug

KevEz wrote:

At first the tournament seemed like a good idea but it seems badly organized to be honest.
Keep in mind that were only humans, there's only so much we can do. I'm sorry that we don't appeal to you in that department, but we're doing what we can, alright?
Drgon

TheBronyGames wrote:

bobbydglop wrote:

Oh look I actually made the Maryland team. neat.
Keep in mind that were only humans, there's only so much we can do. I'm sorry that we don't appeal to you in that department, but we're doing what we can, alright?
Im not sure if you quoted the right person. I just didn't expect that I would be high ranked enough to make the team.
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug

bobbydglop wrote:

Im not sure if you quoted the right person. I just didn't expect that I would be high ranked enough to make the team.
Phone bugged out, fixed
Monko2k

TheBronyGames wrote:

Monko2k wrote:

To be fair, Lunar can hardly even clear the maps at hand, while i can, but I have school and other crap to deal with on the side, thus reducing my allotted time for practice sessions by at least 15 hours, not to mention managing the whole thing.
If he can barely clear the maps, then why is he a map selector?
darklord142
I don't mean to be an asshole or anything but.. In all honesty this tournament is extremely unprofessionally organized. Yes, you are a human I understand that, we all make mistakes. But if you're going to organize a tournament with such importance to us the US players and you have little of your time to actually host it then please. At least try to do it right. How the hell are you going to make a team made out of 1 person and just multiply his score for a whole team in a TEAM TOURNAMENT. That's bogus. Just knowing that even I didn't make the team in FL but 2 people with a rank lower than me made it - and you based this off of entrant's PP- destroyed my hoped for this tournament. In all honesty I'm not ranting because I'm salty, I'm just stating what I feel and I wish the best of luck to everyone! :)
Toy

TheBronyGames wrote:

[Toy] wrote:

good luck!

I understand that. I'm the one who asked to be withdrawn because I *can't* participate due to my current circumstances. I'm not complaining.
Like Kirby said, I was noting how strong California is even without me playing with them.
Toy

darklord142 wrote:

I don't mean to be an asshole or anything but.. In all honesty this tournament is extremely unprofessionally organized. Yes, you are a human I understand that, we all make mistakes. But if you're going to organize a tournament with such importance to us the US players and you have little of your time to actually host it then please. At least try to do it right. How the hell are you going to make a team made out of 1 person and just multiply his score for a whole team in a TEAM TOURNAMENT. That's bogus. Just knowing that even I didn't make the team in FL but 2 people with a rank lower than me made it - and you based this off of entrant's PP- destroyed my hoped for this tournament. In all honesty I'm not ranting because I'm salty, I'm just stating what I feel and I wish the best of luck to everyone! :)
Also, Zodiaack was chosen as FL captain because he had the highest pp out of the Florida entries and he created the team. Take it up with him, not TheBronyGames.
Panch_old_1
when does bracket come out??
Hard Rock
It is out, but IDK if this is finalized http://challonge.com/osuuscup
kablaze

NixXSkate wrote:

_Mugen wrote:

Too bad, could've been your score x4 if you joined North Dakota. North Dakota would've been OP and the only chance against Cali besides maybe NY ;)
D: i was unaware of that, that would have been awesome
Hard Rock
Team North Carolina dark horse stacked team ayy

...Still no chance against Cali rip
_WinRAWR
yo i have no idea when im playing with my team and whom we are playing against
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug

_WinRAWR wrote:

yo i have no idea when im playing with my team and whom we are playing against
On Monday I'm gonna shuffle the brackets a few more times, once that's done, I'll message you and you're opponent's captain and schedule a time that should be fine for all of our schedules
Hard Rock
Inb4 we shuffle into Cali or NY first round. Map pool released tomorrow too? Need to make sure we have enough time to practice it.
Insert
Arkansas doesn't have anyone that plays osu! except me and I suck :(
Lie
You made an error in team Michigan's roster. It's Thorn not Torn

Edit: Thanks for fix.
show more