- V O I D - [SD][FULL MODE][5/9/2016 "SLIGHT" TAIKO PATCH]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ben_5917

INTO THE ENDLESS VOID
Introduction
In case you've been living under a rock
Hello again, it is me. Ben_5917 with another skin. This skin was heavily inspired by Garin's PLANET//SHAPER skin
and with some design "similarities" from OsuMe65's NeOsu skins (5urge and beyond). And surprisingly, this skin was made within
1 week, which when the skin is complete, it got delayed because of writing the post orz. The skin is mostly based on space, since it's endless.

Okay, let's get started
Change log
Log of the various changes of the skin and/or the forum post
! Dates are formated in MM/DD/YYYY !
Expand
12/30/2015
Initial release
1/3/2016
Added additional brightness to the spinner-background and spinner-metre
Added mania-keyS2 and mania-keyS2D (Special key)
Changed positioning on the combo and score
Remade mania-key1, mania-key2 , mania-keyS, mania-key1D, mania-key2D, mania-keySD
Remade lightingL
Remade mode-osu/taiko/fruits/mania
Removed mania-stage-light-1, ranking-accuracy, ranking-maxcombo, ranking-title, spinner bottom, spinner glow as spinner-middle as transparent, 1x1 images
3/8/2016
Post submitted/moved to "Completed Skins" subforum, updates/revisions no longer committed in the future.

5/9/2016
Resized taiko-bar-right and taiko-bar-right-glow's horizontal size increased from 857 to 1024 because it can cut off on 4:3 resolutions. Thanks to hiandbye for pointing this out.
Spacing between the "drum-halves" are now 1 pixel instead of 2, because of alignment issue
Horizontal size of the taiko-drum-outer changed from 90 to 89 to accommodate the 1 pixel spacing and said alignment issue

Screenshots
Images of the skin in action
! Warning: Large images !
Interface
Menu background
Thank you to -[Kaori]- for providing the sceenshot

Song menu

Mods

osu!mania

Nightcore, Perfect

Cinema

Smoke + Skip button

Section pass

Section fail

Gameplay

osu!standard
Ranking Panel

Hit circles

Sliders

Spinner

Taiko
Ranking Panel

Big Don+Kiai

Drumroll

Spinner Warning + Spinner

Catch the Beat
Ranking Panel

Kiai + Hyperdash

Spinner

osu!mania
Ranking Panel

Single notes

Hold/Long notes

Download
Into the Downloads folder!
puush (~18 MBs)
Mediafire mirror(In case puush dies)

Extras
Stuff that you (might) need for your 200PP/s farming needs (or not)

Screenshots
Disabled slider ends

Disabled score animations and 300s

Disabled 300, 300k/g

Disabled slider ends
puush(~77 KB)
Disabled score animations and 300s
puush (~1 MB)

Notes
Talking about the skin and talking about things you'll never care to know

- In the banner, the triangle represents the V following with the dark-blue "V" inside the triangle

- The color scheme of the skin is #0090ff and #bdbdbd but other colors like #ff0000 and #ff5a00 Get into play, too

- For people who are curious about the fonts. The fonts I used were, not in pacticular order: Techno Hideo, Vermin Vibes, BIG MACCA and DEPLETED URANIUM

- I don't have a menu-background screenshot, since I don't have osu!supporter. This counts for the welcome-text, too :(

- Since there are a lot of animations (Back button, Katu, Geki). If you do the math(89+40+44+42=215), you'll get 215 frames in total in the skin
2.18 MBs in file size

- If you notice in the screenshots, the slider heads of the sliders don't go away, since I'm in Stable Fallback at the time at making this skin.

- The sounds in the skin came from Garin's PLANET//SHAPER skin (Excluding the applause and failsound)

- Before someone posts a question in r/osuskins, the songs in applause and failsound are: Camellia - PLANET//SHAPER and Camellia - Racemization

- Since the skin is made with in a week, I can half-ass on some skin elements, maybe an entire gamemode. So send your feedback

- I'll be taking a break from skinning, since my ideas are dry, and Neptunia Zero might be abandoned :|

- Ranking-panel screenshots might be weird (off centered "ranking"), but I play on 1240x600 game resolution, which is literally my laptop's max resolution orz
Easter Eggs
Revealing the easter eggs on my previous skin, Neptunia
Expand
- 2 Skin references I'm making
In Planeptune, click the modes button, and look at the mania button (mode-mania-med) and look at it from an above or below angle
you'll see Uzume Tennouboshi, a character in MegaDimension Neptunia: Victory II. But Neptunia Zero might be abandoned as I mentioned before.
In Leanbox, do the same procedure. You'll see text with reads (Read downwards) "Into the Endless Void" with is the slogan for VOID.

- 2 Game References
>In Planeptune, click the modes button, and look at the mania button (mode-mania-med)and look at it from an above or below angle
you'll see Uzume Tennouboshi, a character in MegaDimension Neptunia: Victory II.

The centre of the spinner-circle has a circle with a cross on it, which references Team Fortress Classic. A Half-Life mod for the older Team Fortress
(And you'll know why it's retarded)

- 1 Neptunia enemy

In Planeptune, when you look at the back button(menu-back-n). You'll see a light blue and brown behind Nepgear. What enemy has that? A Dogoo (Pronounced as "Dog-goo")

Self-explanatory
>Since the skin is made with in a week, I can half-ass on some skin elements, maybe an entire gamemode. So send your feedback
Send them in via comments/PM, I will reply to the in a few hours because of sleep, laziness, studies, school .etc

Miscellaneous
Shit that you don't need
r/osuskin's counterpart
Amane
looks cool c: Will be using it for mania c:
Topic Starter
Ben_5917

-Nasuhara- wrote:

looks cool c: Will be using it for mania c:
Nice timing since I'm looking foward to remake mania
Topic Starter
Ben_5917

Coming in (early?) 2016

Sologan: The DESTRUCTION has been felt

Yes, it's gonna be having a shit ton of erodes
-[Kaori]-
dude, your skin is amazing.. So good job.

..aaand my gift for you

so if you need this, here's the code:
 [img]http://puu.sh/mdQcC.jpg[/img]

p.s. Happy new year (;
Hatsue
BUMP

your skin is pretty good! And I love the animation >w<
P i k u
Good looking skin you've created there, good job!

Oh and it says "Sceenshots" btw
Topic Starter
Ben_5917
Skin's updated, read the first post.
deadbeat
pretty sick stuff you got here
Hikona
Good skin for mania thx!
hiandbye
Hi! I wanted to let you know, there's a tiny error in your Taiko skin. With skin Version: 2 to latest taiko-bar-right.png and taiko-bar-right-glow.png need to be 1024 x 200. Otherwise it's too short in 4:3 resolutions.
Topic Starter
Ben_5917

hiandbye wrote:

Hi! I wanted to let you know, there's a tiny error in your Taiko skin. With skin Version: 2 to latest taiko-bar-right.png and taiko-bar-right-glow.png need to be 1024 x 200. Otherwise it's too short in 4:3 resolutions.

Fixed. I think...
JapanYoshiTheGamer
Does this take elements from Groove Cosu!ter? Or at least use the same font as Groove Coaster?
Topic Starter
Ben_5917

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

Does this take elements from Groove Cosu!ter? Or at least use the same font as Groove Coaster?
The font I used was Vermin Vibes, and the pixels are much more dense. And the number 7 is much different. So... you're kind of confused between the fonts, even though some numbers look similar

If anyone wants a full font list used in the skin,I'll include all of them in this comment and this post.

Fonts:
Techno Hideo
Vermin Vibes
BIG MACCA
DEPLETED URANIUM
JapanYoshiTheGamer

Ben_5917 wrote:

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

The font I used was Vermin Vibes, and the pixels are much more dense. And the number 7 is much different. So... you're kind of confused between the fonts, even though some numbers look similar

If anyone wants a full font list used in the skin,I'll include all of them in this comment and this post.

Fonts:
Techno Hideo
Vermin Vibes
BIG MACCA
DEPLETED URANIUM
Yeah, I was mainly referring to the numbers. The original GC game used 7x7 numbers, but my GC skin used 5x5 ones like your skin, hence the question.
Dark_Canopy
When i'm in the save File... it says the file is an OSU Beatmap?? WHY IS IT NOT A RAR??
Topic Starter
Ben_5917

Dark_Canopy wrote:

it says the file is an OSU Beatmap??
-For most people. This is kind of normal on an .osk file, it still has the file type-name-description-thing of a .osz. It's best just to ignore this.

Dark_Canopy wrote:

WHY IS IT NOT A RAR??
-The reason most people don't go with a .rar file because of the extraction (depending on the size of the skin) and the time to get to the directory of your game. By jumping a few more hoops. But still used quite often.

-The convienice of having a .osk or .osz file is you can double click or drag into your game window and wait for a few minute (Still, the game is extracting files to your Skins or Songs folder)

For me, I feel .osk/.osz are just .rar or .zips. Just a theory of mine.
WubWubWaffle
Awesome skin you have there mate ;)
VanishingX
nice
Infamous
Good work, but nothing for me. Maybe u should work on the Ranking Panel
Skyler236
I think I just found my new favorite skin. X3 Very nicely done, sir (or madam).
Topic Starter
Ben_5917
I'm a guy.
furqan aziz
OP skin Love it! ;)
Hikona
Thx for this skin mania 7k. I like this skin
- Jade -
I love using this skin for CtB, and I feel like I'm actually getting better at maps. That, and I love space...so much.

I love the sound after you've downloaded a map in-game; it's cute! :cry:
Carmistice
Hey, with mania the combo and the sparkles are a bit annoying and it distracts me could it be possible to be placed somewhere else? thank you <3 love the skin btw