forum

[Archived] Music Playing Overlaps Other Music

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bramble
Problem Details:

I was playing the qualified Fatal Oni for Doppelganger (and failed miserably, I swear, star rating on that thing is super broken lol). One of my friends were spectating me and then he tried it. Well before I went to spectate him, I started playing the other qualified LeaF song Wizdomiot, but then quit to watch him.

I noticed, however, that Wizdomiot didn't stop playing, but quieted down. But then the buffering ended for my friend playing Doppelganger and I didn't hear Wizdomiot anymore, so I thought it stopped. Buffering occurred again and I still heard the other song, so I knew something was up.

I quit watching him and tried going to the osu main menu. The pause button didn't stop it, nor did the stop button. I had to wait for the song to end, and it didn't repeat itself. Now, what I think caused this is the fact that the maps are qualified. And I say that because of the banners that take a while to disappear, announcing that the map is qualified and that you won't get any performance points from the song at that time. I believe when I quit Wizdomiot to go spectate, it was during that banner, however I'm not sure.

Feel free to test this as this can obviously become a very annoying issue.

TL;DR
Music overlaps each other sometimes and may be caused by qualified beatmap banners.

osu! version: 20151228.2
Pawsu
Are you on stable(fallback)?
Topic Starter
Bramble
No, I'm on latest
Pawsu
Is this consistent? Can you replicate it again?
Topic Starter
Bramble
Let me try that right now
Topic Starter
Bramble
Oddly enough, it didn't replicate. But it DID happen, so I will keep looking into this. If I find anything then I will update the thread. Maybe it's a rare occurrence? Who knows, all I know is that it happened, and that's what I did when it happened