forum

[unranked] AR ß mod,modifying the AR of approach circle

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +89
Topic Starter
xxxd34thl0v3xxx
playing an AR9 map, set AR ß = 10 ===>playing with AR9 circle and AR10 approach circle. dont know it would be nice or not since i never had a chance to try it.
Rilene
Hm, do you mean multiples AR, right?
Or something like that?
Sea_Food
I think he means different ar for hit circle and approach circle. Meaning that one would appear before the other.

Could possibly be fun as early appearing hit circles would mean you dont need to anticipate where to click next so much, but fast approach circle would still make it clear what is the exact beat you must click on. Or then it could be just confusing as fuck and unplayable.

One of the weirdest OP for sure.
Bara-
What?
Sothe circle appears, but no approachcircle? That feels weird
Comet

Baraatje123 wrote:

What?
Sothe circle appears, but no approachcircle? That feels weird
I'm gonna jump in here and say two things: 1. Read Sea_Food's post and you'll understand what OP is trying to suggest for this request.

2. I'm fed up with the amount of requests you throw into the toilet each day. Granted, some of them are actually pretty shit, but you have responses similar to this one for 90+% of all the requests you visit, and holy mother of god it triggers me. Be more open to requests, PLEASE. I beg of thee.
-------------------
As for the idea itself, I like it, it could help fit the pace of a map much better than it currently is and I get the feeling it would help give the "rushed rhythm" maps (i.e World's End) that extra push that might make them that much better. Have a star!
Bara-
Isn't it what I said (though it seems as if I forgot a word)? The circle appears, but the Approachcircle does not appear (yet). It appears later, so there are multiple circles and some have no AR-circle. I can see that I can be fun when β>BaseAR, but the otherway around would be bad, as the AR-circle appears before the normal circle, which can be especially hard in High-CS maps, such as Irre's extra
Topic Starter
xxxd34thl0v3xxx
It isn't weird, comparing to Hidden.
GhostFrog

Cometblazer wrote:

2. I'm fed up with the amount of requests you throw into the toilet each day. Granted, some of them are actually pretty shit, but you have responses similar to this one for 90+% of all the requests you visit, and holy mother of god it triggers me. Be more open to requests, PLEASE. I beg of thee.!
1. There's nothing wrong with baraatje giving his opinion on feature requests. People voicing their support or dislike of a request helps to direct attention to the ones that deserve it and considering that 90 is a clear underestimate of the percent of feature requests that will never see the light of day, I don't see what's wrong with him disliking 90% of them.
2. Don't use the word "triggered" like that. I can't tell if you don't know that you're using it incorrectly or if you're just trying to be edgy, but misusing it makes it harder for people with PTSD and such to be taken seriously.

On topic, I don't see a point to this request. Might be fun for a map or two as a gimmicky thing, but I highly doubt it would have any appeal after that.
Comet

GhostFrog wrote:

1. There's nothing wrong with baraatje giving his opinion on feature requests. People voicing their support or dislike of a request helps to direct attention to the ones that deserve it and considering that 90 is a clear underestimate of the percent of feature requests that will never see the light of day, I don't see what's wrong with him disliking 90% of them.
2. Don't use the word "triggered" like that. I can't tell if you don't know that you're using it incorrectly or if you're just trying to be edgy, but misusing it makes it harder for people with PTSD and such to be taken seriously.

On topic, I don't see a point to this request. Might be fun for a map or two as a gimmicky thing, but I highly doubt it would have any appeal after that.
I think I'm just annoyed by how negative he is in all the feature requests he visits, and I wish he'd be more reflective/lenient on them is all. He seems like a cool person, though! :) I didn't mean any harm by posting.
Bara-
Lol
Thanks I guess
I am around here for about 2 years now, so I've seen about most requsts so far. And that also means their replies, especially staff's. Even though some requests can be great (for example the translator) the resources needed are too much to make it possible, so I therefore react negatively. Sorry for that, I'll try to be more positive from now on :D

Anyways, time to get back to topic
Yauxo
I also have to say, that kind of feels like something we dont really need. After all, we're reacting to the circle as a whole, so delaying the just approachcircle ... doesnt do much. Youre still reading the AR9 circle itself and the approachcircle is just an additional timing factor. We've had tons of AR change this, AR change that suggestions before, I cant see this be a thing.

The only use I could see in this is that you'd either use it in combination with Easy mod or as a whole new gameplay kind of mod, where you'd display up to 16 circles at once (they pop up instantly), yet the approach circle plays like normal.
abraker
Pituophis
Yes, It's irritating when there is a map where the only reason I can't play it is the AR. I suppose I could just learn higher/lower AR, but I'm too lazy/unmotivated.
Juanfeis
It would be just an unranked mod. I don't know why this couldn't be implemented to be honest...
GhostFrog

Juanfeis wrote:

It would be just an unranked mod. I don't know why this couldn't be implemented to be honest...
There are a ton of feature requests out there and only a finite number of coders who each have a finite amount of time they can/are willing to work on non-essential features. This particular feature would likely see very little use as an unranked mod and should not be a ranked mod and would pretty much be a waste of time for whoever worked on it.