forum

[Archived] Can't upload beatmap and it says "not owned by you"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xignia
Problem Details: I'm trying to upload a beatmap and I tried everything I saw on the internet but it keeps saying that it's not owned by me. If anyone can get a quick fix on this that would be awesome.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/ma0aN/7b615bbe70.png - What it shows
http://puu.sh/ma0cw/c6c2fe2114.png - Did what I read online but it still doesn't work. When I try to upload it again it reverts back to its originally number

osu! version: 20151217.2
VeilStar
Export the beatmap (you can do so through the editor) and delete it from osu!, then close osu! and change the file extension of the exported beatmap from .osz to .zip, open the .zip file and apply you changes in there, save those changes to the archive, and rename it back to .osz. Once that's done open osu! and import it and try to submit it again.
Topic Starter
Xignia
Okay I understand the exporting part, but I'm confused on changing the file extension and from then on. Could I get a step-by-step process on this?
VeilStar
You have to have file extensions visible in order to do this. You can change the setting for that in the File Explorer Options found in the control panel.

Basically with that setting disabled you will see the .osz file extension behind the name. If you then rename the file, and change .osz to .zip it will be treated as a normal zip file (which it actually is in the first place), after which you can open it and apply the changes to the .osu files inside it. After saving those changes it should ask you if you want to update the archive, so you click OK/Yes for to that. Once you're done you can rename it back to .osz and import it again.

I'm assuming Windows 7/8/10 can open zip files without the need of third party software, but if that isn't the case try out 7zip or winrar to open .zip files.

Anyway, if all of that sounds like it's over your head feel free to just upload your beatmap on any file hosting site and post the link to it here so that I (or someone else) can do it for you.