forum

Auto redirect when typing old username

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +111
Topic Starter
Professor Gila
People may get confused when they type the old username, but the player had changed their name. Because after they typed the old username, it directs to user not found page. Therefore, why don't automatically redirect to the player with a new name?

If there's a name that someone else used, why don't display this screen first before directed to whom that he refers to?

ihopenoduplicate
sorryforripenglishandtypoifyouseethem
Rilene
I find this very useful.
Underforest
I'm very agreed with this request! :)

YES! ALL OF MY YES!
Bara-
No
Multiple times I've seen people change name for privacy reasons
This would completely break that
[-Xetanai-]
Take my star.
- Flutter -
Yes. Just yes.
Topic Starter
Professor Gila
oh my, flutter

you voted a lot :o
Karuta-_old_1
yes please, it doesn't make sense that my old username link is easier to search in google and it gives a user not found
Bakuenjin

Baraatje123 wrote:

No
Multiple times I've seen people change name for privacy reasons
This would completely break that
Now when you say it, it makes completely sense to be against a feature that will be useful for more than 90% of the community because of a handful of users.

Great feature request tho, lidahapi.
dung eater
would need a privacy/public (maybe only show to friends? [it would probably make sense to implement only the option to notify mutuals/those who have added you and not make these searchable in any way]) option on namechanges, making all past namechanges private (they probably don't even keep track, why would they?)

sounds like a lot of pain when the main effect would be you having easier time stalking ppl or keeping track of people you rarely interact with. it's not our business what someone changes their name to, unless they want to tell us. if we really followed/interacted with the people we would notice