forum

Open .osb in Notepad [Editor] [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Rukario
Basically in the editor there is an option to open the .osu file to be opened in Notepad.
I think it would be useful for Storyboarder (like me) if that option would be available.

That is all.

BTW don't come here with the argument "And how would that work if there are two .osb Files in the flder?", because there never should be really 2 .osb files in the map folder.

That is all. 2.0
RandomJibberish
Mm, yeah, sounds useful. Could be a button in the design tab for editor users who want to do some more pro tweaking too.
Derekku
I've opened .osu files from the editor by mistake so many times when trying to open the .osb, so this would be pretty helpful and save time. (Although if it's in the File or similar menu, then it could be accessed from any tab)
Beuchi
Support support omg support <3

It gets a bit annoying sometimes when I'm storyboarding anything and I need to open the folder to search for thr .osb file ;w;

If we're able to open the .osu's why not the .osb? :3
Larto
I very much agree with this request. It saves you a few seconds of searching for the file in the folder, and as you can open the .osu file through the editor, too, being able to open the osb file would just make sense!
Not sure if I'd want it as a button in the Design tab. There are already a lot of options in the Design Tab, and adding an "Open osb file" button might make things a little more crowded. Having it in the "File" dropdown menu would be just wonderful!
rust45
I had this idea a while ago when I first started SBing, support.
EvianBubble
This would be REALLY helpful!

+1 support
Kitsunemimi
I actually always browse to the song folder, even when opening the .osu. A lot of the time though, there's a file in there that I need to change/add/remove. I guess I'm just pretty fast when browsing to the folder, or I'm just used to it. Support though, we would need this to go with the open .osu button. Also, it should go right under that button in the File menu, not the Design tab.

....PS. Has anybody cared about making editor fullscreen yet or not? Shouldn't getting rid of changing the Menu Bar allow for that? Anyways, not really on topic, but I just thought of that.
Derekku

Harris73 wrote:

I actually always browse to the song folder, even when opening the .osu. A lot of the time though, there's a file in there that I need to change/add/remove. I guess I'm just pretty fast when browsing to the folder, or I'm just used to it. Support though, we would need this to go with the open .osu button. Also, it should go right under that button in the File menu, not the Design tab.
Still, being able to open your .osb without having to go through the extra steps would just make things so much simpler.

Harris73 wrote:

....PS. Has anybody cared about making editor fullscreen yet or not? Shouldn't getting rid of changing the Menu Bar allow for that? Anyways, not really on topic, but I just thought of that.
The various windows/panels inside the editor can't open correctly in fullscreen. This has been requested in FR multiple times already.
Jarby
B-But what if I don't have notepad!?
Mara

Jarby wrote:

B-But what if I don't have notepad!?
MS Paint will do.
mm201
Support~