forum

Jumping Tips and Practice Anyone?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rubeus
I was never the greatest at osu! but now I am at the point on failing easy 5* jumping maps such as https://osu.ppy.sh/s/110557 and https://osu.ppy.sh/s/163808.

I used to be semi decent at jumping but for some reason the little skill I had progressively turned worse and worse and now I feel like I am a 3 star (even though I am not).

Does anyone have any tips or other maps regarding jumping that really helped them improve because right now I am finding difficulty HT-ing some of the easiest maps by rezoons.

Thanks in advance everybody. :)
Infevo

Slythys wrote:

I used to be semi decent...
I am pretty sure you always have been absolute and utter shit at jumps. Merely due to the simple fact that players with 5 times your pp and 20 times your play count are still garbage. Really, what does "decent" or "semi decent" even mean.

Advice? Play the game.
Karuta-_old_1
play Fycho maps, it really helps
Noobsicle
play everything excluding nightcore jump maps
KanoSet
play more
deletemyaccount

Noobsicle wrote:

THE LAST TIME THAT SHE EVER SAW HIM

CARRIED AWAY BY A MOONLIGHT SHADOW

okay in all seriousness just play more jump maps there really is nothing else to it
-Makishima S-
Deva
If you cant play something like you did before you either:
1. Didnt play for a long time
2. Arent trying hard enough
3. Never could do that, you just got lucky

Its 3 most of the time. Deal with it.
vsprite
Play more
N0thingSpecial
Realise you're bad and keep playing the game.

I sometimes NF some 6* jump maps to remind myself that I'm bad then I gradually FC more insane diff jump maps.
ZenithPhantasm

Noobsicle wrote:

hi cathead-senpai
silento
I don't want to assume things, but you can't say you're good at jumping with 800 pp. If you were any good you'd be much higher and you'd still be rather bad because of this game's skill cap.

Learn to fc and read maps before you worry specifically about things like jumping/streaming.
timemon

TheArchist wrote:

Learn to fc and read maps before you worry specifically about things like jumping/streaming.
Learn to click the circle to the beat before anything else
Topic Starter
rubeus
@TheArchist

Yeah, pretty much. However I (being the noob that I am) don't know anything about pp, or for that matter even care about it. I just play osu! because I enjoy osu!, not really competitive play. :)
silento
Well then forget about pp, but go chase skill instead. Learn to fc songs with good accuracy first. Then as you play, find what trips you up and fix it. That's what I've been doing and I've noticed a definite increase in skill lately. Remember skill guarantees pp, not the other way around.