forum

Tablet or Mechanical Keyboard first?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Matutetute
So, I have been wanting to buy a Corsair K65 and a Wacom Intuos Draw CTL-490

They are about the same price, but I can only afford one right now, so I will buy whichever I didn't on March for my birthday.

So, which one should I buy first? tablet or keyboard?
A1R
If you're thinking of becoming a tablet player, i would pick up the tablet.
This way you can get more experience with a tablet first.
totekingsg1
Tablet, always.

Tablet style is completely different from mouse style. It requires some training, and it is not as easy as people usually says, promise.

In fact i have a mech kb, and i still use the laptop one. It want make any big difference imo.
Topic Starter
Matutetute

totekingsg1 wrote:

Tablet, always.

Tablet style is completely different from mouse style. It requires some training, and it is not as easy as people usually says, promise.

In fact i have a mech kb, and i still use the laptop one. It want make any big difference imo.

really? i have never tried a mech kb, but I feel like I need one because I am REALLY slow at streams (the fastest I can stream is 160 bpm)

A1R wrote:

If you're thinking of becoming a tablet player, i would pick up the tablet.
This way you can get more experience with a tablet first.

But getting the tablet first makes sense, thanks
Infevo
tablet first. keyboards all work the same.

but don't buy ctl490. afaik it doesn't support older lagfree drivers.
Nabel_old_1

Matutetute wrote:

really? i have never tried a mech kb, but I feel like I need one because I am REALLY slow at streams (the fastest I can stream is 160 bpm)
A mech wont make you faster, I used a mech since the start and can only stream 160 bpm when not warmed up :(
Yuudachi-kun

xinfuzionx wrote:

Matutetute wrote:

A mech wont make you faster, I used a mech since the start and can only stream 160 bpm when not warmed up :(
Mech made me faster
Nabel_old_1

Khelly wrote:

xinfuzionx wrote:

Mech made me faster
guess I just suck at this game :(
deletemyaccount
a mechanical keyboard won't make you faster at first; albeit both peripherals have their own adjustment period.

I say get the tablet first because it has a larger impact on gameplay.
silento

Infevo wrote:

tablet first. keyboards all work the same.

but don't buy ctl490. afaik it doesn't support older lagfree drivers.
I have had no lag with my 490 and I'm running latest drivers.

OP- Get yourself a tablet first. Getting used to a tablet at first is harder than going straight to a mech.
I Give Up
keyboard first coz you can use for other things.
chainpullz

KukiMonster wrote:

keyboard first coz you can use for other things.
dung eater
mech made me slower
KanoSet
i would go for a mech first
Minami Hasaki
I just ordered both a mech kb and a tablet recently. Tablet got here first. I'm still waiting for the keyboard. I would suggest a tablet first since it really does require the most training to get use to and is a totally different play style all together. Trust me, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

As for which tablet, I did indeed get the CTL-490 (Intuos Draw). The no lag free driver issue is a small problem, mostly only if you hover though. Most of the lag seems to cancel out if you drag. I use the FixMyPen program just now because I haven't in the past and it seem to help some. Though I times I still feel as if I notice the "drunken cursor" I heard about in another forum topic, though this is only on really fast or long jump maps.

If you're only getting the tablet for osu!, spare yourself the trouble and get one that the community already knows works 100%. I only got stubborn and got this because it comes with some cheap graphic art software as a bundle. (That I would love to actually get interested in at some time maybe....)

And for your keyboard later, mechs won't make you faster necessarily, they're just less stressful on your fingers which can allow you room to grow in your speed and stamina. I would advise "strength training" on that plain 'ol rubber dome you got there until you're REALLY good. Then when you get the mech, it'll be easy as pie.
cheaptricks
tablet first because it's like learning a completely different playstyle, whereas mech keyboard is more of a small adjustment
vsprite
Yes you need too.