Floob

Reditum wrote:

it's a fucking video game who gives a shit just like stop farming pp lol
Mahogany

Reditum wrote:

it's a fucking video game who gives a shit just like stop farming pp lol
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
I still have a strong desire to improve, but not sure if I can still improving without trying to farm pp.
KanoSet
play for more fun and less pp
try to play for self-improvement rather than ranks
get better and pp will come naturely
enjoy the game pls.. oh and get more songs
way more.. it's always not enough
Mahogany
Yes you can

I haven't gained proper PP for over 3 months yet I'm noticeably better than when I was at peak rank

My aim is more consistent and steady, and I can now stream 190 and 200bpm sometimes whereas my speed limit was 180 before

You will improve best if you just play to have fun
Endaris

Ninonuko wrote:

I still have a strong desire to improve, but not sure if I can still improving without trying to farm pp.
let improvement come to you
playing maps you like is a good start
that being said, i'm also getting frustrated about not being able to FC maps that aren't even worth pp.
Nabel_old_1

Endaris wrote:

that being said, i'm also getting frustrated about not being able to FC maps that aren't even worth pp.
This is also what frustrates me the most :( pp can be so random. Sometimes I do my best to fc a certain map only to find out it does'nt give any pp while some of my topscores are random first plays on a map with bad acc and no fc.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

KanoSet wrote:

play for more fun and less pp
try to play for self-improvement rather than ranks
get better and pp will come naturely
enjoy the game pls.. oh and get more songs
way more.. it's always not enough
I'm constantly expanding my beatmap collection though but there're just a few farmable maps.
I have two 200+ pp play which come naturally and II was totally impressed when I got it, but sadly the rest are from stressful play.

Mahogany wrote:

Yes you can

I haven't gained proper PP for over 3 months yet I'm noticeably better than when I was at peak rank

My aim is more consistent and steady, and I can now stream 190 and 200bpm sometimes whereas my speed limit was 180 before

You will improve best if you just play to have fun
I haven't improved since I stop gaining ranks, have lost my faith a little bit. But lets see a several months later I guess

Endaris wrote:

Ninonuko wrote:

let improvement come to you
playing maps you like is a good start
Basically don't rush for improvement, I"m kinda rush too much I guess

xinfuzionx wrote:

Endaris wrote:

This is also what frustrates me the most :( pp can be so random. Sometimes I do my best to fc a certain map only to find out it does'nt give any pp while some of my topscores are random first plays on a map with bad acc and no fc.
I farm map which I know will give good pp, but I don't find it amazing when I achieve it, it's just like a simple play when I watch the replay.

Thanks for all replies, I appreciate them, can't cover all of them.
E m i
i like you!!!
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
Thank you !!!
-sev
what is pp and how do you farm it
Nabel_old_1

Kaienyuu wrote:

what is pp and how do you farm it
peppy points you farm it by sending xmas presents to peppy
Yolshka
I have a feeling you are getting burnt-out.Skip a month and then hopefully you'll find your fun again.
Infevo
switch it up. play some dt. play some challenging barely passable dnb maps with nf just for fun. slap on some hd (it really is a nice change and i can't live without this mod anymore). don't retry but just keep enjoying the songs and the maps. i think you are trying too hard for pp increase and now you end up forgetting how to still enjoy the game itself. i enjoy pp as well but after sticking around rank 24k for 4-5 months while playing 3k plays a month i really learnt how to love the circle clicking again^^
you also should play more online so you can better keep an eye on your play/hit totals. "playing more" is a rather subjective term but we can't tell if you really play sufficiently to justify improvement in terms of skill and pp rewards when your profile stats don't even change.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

ShadyAngel wrote:

I have a feeling you are getting burnt-out.Skip a month and then hopefully you'll find your fun again.
It's still fun if not pp farming though, but I just feel pain on my fingertip (taping finger), it will go away after I wake up this morning I guess.

Infevo wrote:

switch it up. play some dt. play some challenging barely passable dnb maps with nf just for fun. slap on some hd (it really is a nice change and i can't live without this mod anymore). don't retry but just keep enjoying the songs and the maps. i think you are trying too hard for pp increase and now you end up forgetting how to still enjoy the game itself. i enjoy pp as well but after sticking around rank 24k for 4-5 months while playing 3k plays a month i really learnt how to love the circle clicking again^^
you also should play more online so you can better keep an eye on your play/hit totals. "playing more" is a rather subjective term but we can't tell if you really play sufficiently to justify improvement in terms of skill and pp rewards when your profile stats don't even change.
I will post screenshot about what I do when I play offline, it's 4 am here I'm not on my pc right now.
I'm also planning to play online everytime from now.
A1R
PP or skill has never been the primary reason i play this game. I can understand when you're around 10,000 you want to become better.
Maybe quit for a few days or weeks and see if you come back to the game on your own. Like you mentioned because you want to play that one song in your library you love for the map or the song itself.
chainpullz
Endie-
pls enjoy game
S[u]nD[e]Yz
Im like you, i keep pushing myself in order to get pp and periodically i find myself pretty frustated,in this case i just take a long break and during that i play maps that just challenge me and that i can barely pass. Or, i start my session trying farming map and at the end the challenge ones.
silento
This was me a few weeks back, when I had ~960 pp. I'm going to suggest something different: play offline for a day. Find what you truly picked this game up for and enjoy it. It's not gaining ranks right now because of what you're saying.

Another thing you can do is to play maps you like. I hated animu TV sizes during my period of frustration, so I resorted to playing longer streamy and rather tapping intensive maps (grumd goreshit maps, Sakura Nagashi, Eastern Dream, Solar, Near Distant Future, etc) that I liked. Find what you enjoy and enjoy it.

You can also always take a break. Osu will be here forever, but you won't be.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

Ninonuko wrote:

I will post screenshot about what I do when I play offline

A1R wrote:

PP or skill has never been the primary reason i play this game. I can understand when you're around 10,000 you want to become better.
Maybe quit for a few days or weeks and see if you come back to the game on your own. Like you mentioned because you want to play that one song in your library you love for the map or the song itself.
Quit..? But this is holiday I don't want to quit ._.
But if you mean quit farming pp, yes I want to quit farming pp.

chainpullz wrote:

#neverlucky
Then after fc, take a rest, watch replay, find nothing amazing.
It's like I was achieve nothing but ranks and pp.

TheArchist wrote:

This was me a few weeks back, when I had ~960 pp. I'm going to suggest something different: play offline for a day. Find what you truly picked this game up for and enjoy it. It's not gaining ranks right now because of what you're saying.

Another thing you can do is to play maps you like. I hated animu TV sizes during my period of frustration, so I resorted to playing longer streamy and rather tapping intensive maps (grumd goreshit maps, Sakura Nagashi, Eastern Dream, Solar, Near Distant Future, etc) that I liked. Find what you enjoy and enjoy it.

You can also always take a break. Osu will be here forever, but you won't be.
I'm already an offline player, check my play count. :)
I don't like tv size too, demanding yet not amazing to do.

Sorry for not covering all replies.
-Makishima S-
Risa
Why not play multiplayer
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
I'm finally realized I can't find what I seek on most ranked map nowadays...

Reset- wrote:

Why not play multiplayer
I want to, but...
Shitty internet, who want to wait me downloading 10 MB in 5 minutes?
Risa
Maybe find some good friends who will
vsprite
Play more
Yolshka

vsprite wrote:

Play more

Thank you for changing profile picture.
timemon
You can't expect to gain pp everyday it will eventually stop because of your skill reaching its limit.
Sometimes you gotta take a break from pp and try to up your skill ceiling. It might take a long time to do but it's worth it.

I started playing HR a month ago. Couldn't FC shit, couldn't read, crappy 4 star FC everywhere. I didn't gain my pp but my skill got better.
And now I'm starting to get decent HR FC. (most of them are crappy, though)
Faustas156
fun > ranks
Endie-
stop caring about ranks geez
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
Somehow I have found my motivation again by stay away from 2015 ranked map.
Thanks for all advice you guys gave, including the unqouted.

Ninonuko wrote:

Reset- wrote:

Why not play multiplayer
I want to, but...
Shitty internet, who want to wait me downloading 10 MB in 5 minutes?

Reset- wrote:

Maybe find some good friends who will
I will die from embarrassment because of retarded download speed.
I have friends who I know will waiting for me downloading map but skill difference won't let us enjoy game together.

timemon wrote:

You can't expect to gain pp everyday it will eventually stop because of your skill reaching its limit.
Sometimes you gotta take a break from pp and try to up your skill ceiling. It might take a long time to do but it's worth it.

I started playing HR a month ago. Couldn't FC shit, couldn't read, crappy 4 star FC everywhere. I didn't gain my pp but my skill got better.
And now I'm starting to get decent HR FC. (most of them are crappy, though)
Same here ;_;
ZenithPhantasm
Get better inet somehow
Endaris

Ninonuko wrote:

t/147478

Even with slow internet you will have all the ranked maps within a week or so and also a lot of maps that aren't available on the maplink anymore. If you can discipline yourself to DL every new map pack none will have to wait for you again - unless playing unranked maps but that's not so common.
chainpullz

Endaris wrote:

Ninonuko wrote:

playing unranked maps
I don't know why you'd play anything else in a multi lobby.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Get better inet somehow
It will be one of my wishes in 2016 then lol.

Endaris wrote:

t/147478

Even with slow internet you will have all the ranked maps within a week or so and also a lot of maps that aren't available on the maplink anymore. If you can discipline yourself to DL every new map pack none will have to wait for you again - unless playing unranked maps but that's not so common.
I have everything there, but anything outside that is meh.
I need to download everything start from early 2015 to make sure none will wait for me downloading ranked map.

chainpullz wrote:

I don't know why you'd play anything else in a multi lobby.
Are ppls in multi pick more unranked nowadays?
KanoSet

Ninonuko wrote:

dat feel :| .. we can be good friends
Manysi
Maybe try mapping? Its fun if you have enough patience.
Risa
Then join tounaments
show more