forum

[Archived] Huge Input lag spikes on Stable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yadang
Problem Details: Hi, whenever I play on stable I experience huge lag spikes, ms jumps from 3 to 15 all the time, it is unplayable since everytime it happens, screen lags a little. I have to use Reduce Dropped Frames option, without this option, the input lag is constant 50 ms.

When on unlimited fps mode - Lag spikes every second, unplayable
240 fps mode - Lag spike every like 5 seconds, barely playable, still ruining the gaming experience.
120 fps mode - Lag spikes are gone, but, 8ms input lag constant, I just can't play with such huge input lag.

When on Fallback : Game runs great, input lag low, no stuttering. But I've got a 24" monitor, and I can't play on such huge resolution, so I have to play on windowed mode BUT THEN I have high input lag because Fallback is missing letterboxing!

I have Nvidia GT 635M Graphic and Intel i7 3632QM QuadCore processor

osu! version: 20151217.3 (latest)
Topic Starter
Yadang
20-50ms constant now, even with Reduce Dropped Frames option, don't know why. Also very low fps for some reason. Can't play until it's fixed.
Screen of the fps and input lag - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4202891
VeilStar
Do you have the same issue(s) on the Stable (Fallback) release stream? If so this is likely to be caused by something on your system. Can you press ctrl+f11 and take a screenshot of the graph that pops up when you have these lag spikes?
Topic Starter
Yadang
It's all fine on Fallback, I even have double the fps on Fallback. .

Here is the screenshot (Stable, with Reduce Dropped Frames option turned ON)
VeilStar
Sorry for not replying in over a week. Please post more details about this in this thread.