MitiS - 1.16.2016

posted
Total Posts
143
show more
Yuii-
The difference is literally nule, what okay.
Voli
Just popping in to say the CS isn't a problem in my diff - it is designed with the CS in mind, fits well with the minimalistic nature of the song, and both the incredibly low bpm and the way I mapped the difficulty should warrant more than enough time for beginners to have a steady aim. I checked the replays and seems like people 400~500k are already passing it with DT. Also the pass rate of my difficulty is 38% right now, nicely in between the 60% on easy and the 15% on the hardest diff. I'm not saying these are absolute or 100% accurate statistics, but they do give us information about the spread.
Wafu

Hula wrote:

Wafu, I didn't want/need anymore mods, this has been modded by many people now, especially consider it's a ENN set. So I'm not gonna wait on a placeholder which was posted whilst Okoratu was half way through modding for the rank, why would I do that? I had been spamming this set on modhelp and modreqs since I submitted it over 2 weeks ago every day, that's how i got BNs and mods :). I'm not obliged to wait for every person in osu to mod my map.
It's not like you don't want or need mods. If you get 12SP, it doesn't make further modding any worse or any useless. You are just spitting into modder's face. If you don't want anyone else to touch your map, don't take it on qualification or learn to accept the fact that anyone is eligible to mod. Even if you got 100 mods before Okoratu's qualification, you'd be obligate to answer them. It's not about speed or how many mods come. If you didn't want to be 'unfair' to Oko, because he was already modding it, how could you be 'unfair' to me completely denying me to say a word?
diraimur

Monstrata wrote:

Also, what's with the difficulty settings on Voli's Medium. CS size plays an important role in determining how difficult a map will be. A change from CS 3 to CS 5 may not be much for experienced players, but it's a huge jump for the playerbase that this set is aimed at. CS is a design choice, and people usually decide on that right when they map, but this is a poor choice imo, sry Voli :P.
Actually, no. CS have nothing to do with difficulty alone. Its more about [SV / HitObjectRadius] (or something close to that, I'm not so sure atm). THAT is what determinates how hard a map will be.
Faster SV, harder map will be considering CS is same. Higher CS, harder map will be considering SV is same.

Lets check some random recently ranked map.
Looks fine doesn't it? CS3 -> CS3.5. (40,98 -> 38,74)
Now lets check SV.
0.6 -> 1.1. Wow. Thats quite huge increasement, isn't it? Almost as twice as fast.
Lets use our formula now:
60 / 40,98 = 1,46~ for Easy
110 / 38,74 = 2,84~ for Normal
Normal is roughly about 95% harder than Easy.

Lets check this set:
CS3 -> CS5 (40,98 -> 32,01)
SV 1,3 -> 1,5
Lets use the formula again for this set:
130 / 40,98 = 3,17~ for Easy
150 / 32,01 = 4,69~ for Normal.
Normal is only about 48% harder than Easy.

I don't see any issue, really.
HappyRocket88
Dirai, the map you referred isn't "recent". It was ranked 5 months ago.
diraimur

HappyRocket88 wrote:

Dirai, the map you referred isn't "recent". It was ranked 5 months ago.
By "recent" I mean a map that has been ranked before ranking criteria changed, which I highly doubt had a change, or at least something about this case.

If there was please tell me so.

Also, 4. Not 5.
Topic Starter
Hula

Wafu wrote:

Hula wrote:

Wafu, I didn't want/need anymore mods, this has been modded by many people now, especially consider it's a ENN set. So I'm not gonna wait on a placeholder which was posted whilst Okoratu was half way through modding for the rank, why would I do that? I had been spamming this set on modhelp and modreqs since I submitted it over 2 weeks ago every day, that's how i got BNs and mods :). I'm not obliged to wait for every person in osu to mod my map.
It's not like you don't want or need mods. If you get 12SP, it doesn't make further modding any worse or any useless. You are just spitting into modder's face. If you don't want anyone else to touch your map, don't take it on qualification or learn to accept the fact that anyone is eligible to mod. Even if you got 100 mods before Okoratu's qualification, you'd be obligate to answer them. It's not about speed or how many mods come. If you didn't want to be 'unfair' to Oko, because he was already modding it, how could you be 'unfair' to me completely denying me to say a word?
I didn't ask you to mod the set? Oko was gonna be my ranking BN of the set for about 2 or 3 days already, what if I went around on all the sets which are bubbled and put a placeholder on all of them? I had 7 mods already, not including some random irc stuff with people and also Oko going over a few things, I think that's plenty.

Also, think like this, Oko is half way through ranking my set, I see you placed a placeholder in that time, last 5 mins or whatever, why on God's earth would I stop Oko, one of those rare BNs nowadays from ranking my set? I'd have to be stupid to pass up the opportunity.

Basically dude, stop making a drama over your placeholder shit on my thread, the post count on here is getting ridiculous and is beyond unnecessary.
LeaK
Placeholders guarantee nothing, skipping a mod should not be a guaranteed unrank
The kbps does not increase filesize by that much
That sliders in the kiai are perfectly audible
That other slider in the Normal diff does not look like female genitalia (u ever seen a pussy son?)
Quit complaining holy fuck
Stefan
Wafu, could you please stop that?

If you're too late to mod the mapset before it gets qualified then you're too late. Stop complaining about pointless things which doesn't exist. You're free to mod and help now if there are issues with the mapset but a "Placeholder post" is nothing a mapper needs to follow or wait for. There is no reason to keep this nonsense here.

Thanks.
DNR
"WE HAVE TO REDUCE FILE SIZE ON A 3.4 MB MP3" - Wafu 2016.

Like I think the biggest thing you have to realize about being a BN is that you have to pick and choose your battles, and not get angrily butthurt over minute things. I've been mod-sniped PLENTY of times, sometimes WHILE I'm modding a map. I feel like you just literally just TRIED to find something that "could be" unrankable, when in actuality I'm sure that 0% of people really have strong feelings about this. There are more important things to rant about. Especially since this is the ONLY thing you've commented about on the map.

Also if you think 17 days is a speedrank then oh boy have I got some BN circlejerks to introduce you to. Especially since you're only getting mad about "omg speedranking" because YOU didn't mod it, lol. Like bahahhaha if it was ranked that day by you it would have literally been the same thing.

Additionally, I have been told many times that it is the responsibility of the MAPPER to find BNs to rank the map. While it is nice for BNs to do random checks (a practice that I think SHOULD be done by every BN, especially on bubbled maps), it is not a "ok stop trying to find people, I'm here", especially since it seems that the mapper had ALREADY asked Okoratu for a mod previously. Want to do more random checks? there's a whole slew of bubbled maps in Pending right now that don't have any competition waiting, and would verily much appreciate your assistance.

Focus your energy on the right things.
gracefu
The song isn't super long, there's no video, the file size is already pretty small. There's no *need* to dq this. Please let the dream live...

Also I play osu with laptop speakers. I don't even give a shit about audio quality :^)
Xexxar
I disagree, Wafu is clearly correct here. If a mapset does not meet a rule in the RC it must be DQ'd. Just because you wanted to qualify it on a special date or desired something abnormal doesn't mean that your demands should be met. If there was an extraneous hitsound file this same issue would still apply, because it's a rule.

Not only that but he still has the right to mod a map while it's qualified. The whole purpose of the qualified section is to promote an increase in a beatmap's quality. If he has legitimate concerns this mapset should be DQ'd so they can be properly addressed instead of rushed for your "le ranked at same day as title" meme.
gracefu
I disagree, Wafu is not "correct". The mapset doesn't actually break any rules in the RC. You *could* tighten the rules a little, but it doesn't *technically* break any rules (at least regarding the audio quality). Especially with such a hype rank date, it'd be a real real shame to DQ this because of something trivial and doesn't actually break any RC.

Xexxar pls not this map... not this map!
Xexxar

gracefu wrote:

I disagree, Wafu is not "correct". The mapset doesn't actually break any rules in the RC. You *could* tighten the rules a little, but it doesn't *technically* break any rules (at least regarding the audio quality). Especially with such a hype rank date, it'd be a real real shame to DQ this because of something trivial and doesn't actually break any RC.

Xexxar pls not this map... not this map!
In terms of implication this is the exact same as having unused files in a mapset. It's a waste of space and extra bandwidth on the osu's server for every single person that downloads it. Seriously..? There is literally 0 reason to not change this outside of the "meme".
hehe

Xexxar wrote:

In terms of implication this is the exact same as having unused files in a mapset. It's a waste of space and extra bandwidth on the osu's server for every single person that downloads it. Seriously..? There is literally 0 reason to not change this outside of the "meme".
No it is not the same. You're being unnecessarily pedantic about this, unused hitsounds are EASY to identify, EASY to remove. And the thing about mp3s is that while yes, its possible to improve it, the 'improvement' is really minimal, its already functional as it is. If you want to be so particular, you can say the same for backgrounds with bad compression, hitsounds with unnecessarily high bitrate as well as unnecessary green lines.

Yes, there is a line you have to draw but this is not crossing it whatsoever.
DNR

Xexxar wrote:

Not only that but he still has the right to mod a map while it's qualified. The whole purpose of the qualified section is to promote an increase in a beatmap's quality. If he has legitimate concerns this mapset should be DQ'd so they can be properly addressed instead of rushed for your "le ranked at same day as title" meme.
he has a right to mod it but so does everyone else and if someone else wants to rank it then they're allowed to do that just as much as Wafu has the right to mod it lol. If he has legitimate concerns, he should have brought it up beforehand, or mentioned it afterwards without being a child about it.

not commenting on the first part because everyone else already hit on that.
Voli
I completely agree with Reditum here.

It really does seem like this is just witch-hunting for a ''potentially discussable'' issue so it can be DQ'd just because Wafu is angry about the placeholder thing.
I'm not against DQing a mapset if it warrants significant improvement or issues that actually matter and are of disadvantage to a majority of the players, but this is just way too overscrupulous and makes no sense whatsoever.

Can we now please stop this pointless charade already? It's just a repeating cycle that leads to nothing but drama.
Topic Starter
Hula
Viva last dream!
Monstrata
What Wafu means is that even though the mp3 displays as 192 kbps in the file, it's actual quality is lower than a 128 kbps mp3 which is why he claims it's unrankable. Kind of a grey area though.
LeaK
If I can get 0 kpbs ranked then Hula can get 192 kpbs ranked. I really don't see the problem here. Besides, Hula said that this is the original mp3, as in there is no better quality or kbps available. So where IS the problem???
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply