Thanks for checking!
NucleaRaven wrote:[Repentless Brutality]
- 05:15:981 (1) - Maybe increase the SV to like 1.2x for the solo (so it ends on 05:28:799 (13) - ) - idk about this i'll have to remap the solo then but i know someone might point this out and then i'll just go for the remap
- 05:29:072 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I think it would be better if you increased the spacing for this stream and the subsequent ones after - up to (not including) 05:45:436 (1) here. - not really. it's still the same old same old 220BPM doublebass which doesn't differ from the other ones at all. 05:37:799 (1) - after this i could put the spacing higher but idk i don't really wanna get the sr any higher lol
Amazing song and map ^^
Thanks for the mod!!
-Kanzaki wrote:Hello from my queue.
00:04:464 (9) - You didn't use NC on here but you do on here 00:07:044 (1) - I think you know what i mean - ah nice
00:25:108 (10) - 00:30:270 (10) - pls NC - not really necessary and would break the consistency
01:55:149 (1,2) - I don't know what is different on here but if you emphasize something silencing them is not fitting. - there is nothing silenced? and it's the crash hits that i decided to emphasize along with the guitar
02:25:422 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I don't think here is that strong for to be this hard. - well linear stuff wouldn't really fit tbh cuz snares and idk what else to do. i could put some fucking broootal jump thing here but that wouldn't be any better
03:10:959 (1,2,3,4) - 03:15:322 (1,2,3,4) - This pattern is fitting on these two but cause i can hear kinda repeating sounds so yes stacking like this cool but 02:35:504 (3,4,5,6) - and 02:39:868 (1,2,3,4) - and the parts that you followed drums with this pattern doesn't seems cool to me. - still following the guitar
05:11:618 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - well i do understand what you follow here but why thats what i dont understand with. There is an more powerful long guitar song you ignored it and followed this. If you wanna keep this part like this just telling this part has no drums which means this part is not this much exciting like other parts so what i suggest is do not challenge player on this part dont space object so far away keep them simple and close. - yea i'm actually gonna go with a spinner to get dat "rising" sound and hype in there and see if people call me lazy lol
05:22:868 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - I don't know why you start lowering DS but what i can suggest is just don't or not this low DS cause let the player understand the difference between the drum part streams and guitar solo part stream. - guitar pitch going lower
i think this map is cool enough to go. - ok
good luck - thanks
Thanks for the mod!!
- 01:00:909 (2,4) - Pretty sure those are supposed to be stacked if you look at the intro until now. - ye
- 01:50:104 (11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - I have a strong feeling that this section is wrongly snapped (seems like a mp3 issue or something, idk), I can't really point out how to fix it, I tried listening to it in 25% playback rate but it's still to fast and I am not an audio expert. - ye i'm not really sure either too
- 02:07:422 (5,1) - I'll appreciate it if the spacing between them is bigger, because 'ya know, high bpm and stuff. - ye
- 02:16:149 (4,1) - This too, but for some odd reason, this slightly fits. - increased to 1.0x
- 04:33:005 (4,5) - Two suggestions -> 1. extending them to the blue ticks could be cool. 2. silence the sliderends just like you did at 04:33:591 (1) -, it feels much much nicer. - i don't like the idea of 3/4 sliders but silenced sliderends seems fine
- 05:11:054 (1) - Rotate 17 degrees counter-clockwise? It looks and plays nicer in my opinion. - ok
- 05:18:572 (4) - Feels forced, ruins the rhythm in the music, 1/2 will do in my opinion.
- 05:19:118 (1,5) - ^ -imo these are fine. i wanted to emphasize the guitar as much as i can so ye
- 05:24:163 (5) - 05:15:981 (1) - aren't those a bit too similar lol? - does it matter?
- 05:26:618 (5,4) - Just like before. - ye
- 05:44:345 (1,2,3) - The shifting points are really awkward, there's nothing significant on those sliderheads, one option would be just almost 2 beat sliders, but honsetly I prefer having the low drums pressable just like 05:45:436 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) -, it's cooler. - reworked
- 05:46:527 (1) - Why is kiai stopped here lol? It's more intense than the previous section. - kiai added
The manually unstacked notes are cool, the map has a really nice and clear struct, there are more nazi stuf like blanket and etc but those don't really matter here. my blankets are always perfect lel cool
Thanks FCL for the surprise mod you can just throw a map at me (preferably marathon) and I'll mod it for you yeeeee.
FCL wrote:Pretty clean map (MKL can't do differently), just small suggestions
- 00:06:722 (5) - move it to 350 302 for nice straight flow - hmm ok
- 00:08:012 (2,3,4) - triangle triangle hmmm, maybe improve this triangle? - did not even think of that as a triangle before but yea balanced
- 00:38:328 (4) - i suggest to unstack their since you do it at previous moment 00:28:012 (1,4) - i'll go over this thing again and check my custom stacks
- 00:42:199 (1) - sound here, you could be to allocate sounds like this. How about drumwhistle? - hmm i don't like the drumwhistle here but i'll have to hitsound march of war yea
- 00:46:070 (4,5) - straight flow again - it should be already
- 01:28:238 (1) - mute tail maybe since not have sound here - i'll lower the sounds of some other sliders too
- 02:16:149 (4) - slider instead circle? So I feel emptiness that looks confusing - idk the slider sounds random imo idk why
- 02:24:058 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - More spacing maybe since so you can highlight the end of stream part? - hmmmm... i'll just go with the same spacing for now but yea
- 03:25:959 (4) - same as before - me 2
- 03:32:777 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - same as before me 2
- 03:40:323 (4) - 1/2 slider looks better imo
- 03:45:005 (4) - ^ but a circle fits better cuz of that snare
- 04:53:201 (7) - to 247 93 04:53:347 (8) - to 138 237. Idk just like this flow more - not much of a change but done
- 05:19:799 (5) - hmm, maybe make blanket at tail? - i did my best to keep the same slidershape on (5) so ya it's not really a blanket lol
inb4 shit flow
undo wrote:Jos vaan ite osais tehä kunnon flow niin vois oikeesti mapata :/
Thanks for the check!
nanoK wrote:mod from queue
had no problems with the beginning section
02:02:240 (1,2,3,4) - hard to read - ummm... idk really see what hard there is
02:02:240 (1,2,3,4) - ^ - you probably have the wrong timestamp
03:39:737 (1,2,3,4) - Bad spacing
03:44:420 (1,2,3,4) - ^
03:49:103 (1,2,3,4) - ^
03:53:786 (1,2,3,4) - ^ - i did this spacing fully on purpose. It's so that people remember to stay awake in the map and not just fall asleep at this part cuz there are more draining parts to come
sorry for the very short mod: i found nothing wrong with this great map. you can refuse KDs if you want. Every mod is KD worthy
however, i recommend including a break somewhere for those tired 220bpm fingers. - 03:33:868 (1) - this is enough. tbh i don't really know where to add a break cuz there is always stuff to map
Thanks for the mod and star!!
RVMathew wrote:Hi there. Decided to mod this map in place of a different map you placed on my queue a long time ago.
Note that whatever I say is my own opinion so you do not have to follow everything I say. Note that I am not used to this level of difficulty, and I am slow in terms of reading ar 9.5. - it's ok
1) 00:15:109 (1) - Looks like an imperfect blanket but it is really small thing, so I would not consider fixing it. I just wanted to point it to you.
Applies to this 01:11:232 (2,3), although I assume you were not planning to blanket it. - tried to make 00:15:109 (1) - better and 00:15:109 (1) - is not supposed to be a blanket anyway yea
2) 00:18:335 (2) - Why not ctrl+g this slider to have a zig zag like pattern? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4270006 - ok
3) I was thinking for 00:29:302 (5,6,7,8,9) - You can make this into a star pattern and such. - eeehh i'm just gonna go with the back and forts
4) To me the hardest part about this difficulty was this: 01:49:149 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10). - ye that's probably pretty hard i can't judge it cuz i can't play it lol
5) 02:26:232 From this part onwards you use a lot of back and forth jumps, like 02:26:777 (1,2,3,4), 02:28:959 (1,2,3,4) etc. Although the jumps are quite neat, when I was playing them, after going through back and forth jumps and more back and forth jumps I found this pattern to be boring. I am curious as to why you do not diversify the jump patterns, ie. use square/diamond/star jumps and such? - 02:26:777 (1,2,3,4) - this is mostly to give the guitar some kick and maybe because TENGAKU yea. i'm sorry i got influenced by Shiro on those back and forts. i also don't really like to play squares (except when they are really hard to notice). I have a lot of other different jump stuff in this map so back and forts will do.
Other than these small niggles, a really really interesting map. It is nice to see people mapping songs from their respective country. Add some thunder and bam. - NORSE GODS WILL BURY THE WORLD IN SNOW AND ICE
Sorry for a short mod. I guess if I am better I would see this in a different light.
Thanks for the mod!!!
Seto Kousuke wrote:Heya, my mod :3
Warning: I divided my mod into time categories so it's easier to understand the sections c:[The beginning 0:00:00 -> 1:29:275]
- 00:23:818 (4) - This note sounds almost exactly as 00:26:076 (3,4) - for example, so you can just make this slider a single note and place it a little bit more far from 00:24:141 (5) - to make a small jump, similar to what you did at 00:26:399 (4,5) - ok i decided to make 00:26:399 (4) - a slider instead
- 00:24:786 (9) - This could be a 1/4 slider, his sound is prolonged to the blue tick
- 00:28:980 (4) - ^ - done
- 000:41:554 (5) - - This suggestion i want to give, is a bit tricky to understand...but try to think with me: every single moment of this song before, you did something consistent, after the reverse arrow you placed the next single note a bit far, but still directly in front of the the slider with reverse arrow, but in the music here, you can clearly hear how the note (musically speaking) is in a different tone from the previous one to accentuate(idk if this is the right word in english but anyway hehe) this moment of the music, so I think you could change this note and also place it differently to better emphasize the song....for example Like this, still the ''same pattern'' but due to breaking the ''logic'' of the previous singles after sliders, this one accentuate the song more imo - i'm gonna keep this the same cuz imo it's not really enough of a change in tone to the previous one to make that kind of a change
- 00:49:296 (5) - this one has a similar reason as the above...but different, look....if you hear closely, the musical note from 00:48:974 - (aka slider tail), is the same, or at least 98% the same as 00:49:296 (5) - , so again, to make this start have more variety, you can stack it under the slider tail, since technically is the same musical note, if you click just like the other one, you'll be playing the ''same note'' again. - hmm this is true that it's the same sound but i'll try to get more opinions on this cuz i really love consistency lol
- 00:51:877 (6) - could be a single note, like the previous ones i mentioned, you could even stack it with 00:52:199 (7) - for more variety too...OR you could...as an example: 00:52:361 (8) - this note is from the drums in the back (that actually should be a stream, so in case you wanna try it...that's another option xD), if you delete this single note 8, you have only 00:52:199 (7) - and 00:51:877 (6) - to give sounds, if both are single note, you have a way more accurate pattern to represent the most present sound, in this case, if you shoose to emphasize 6 and 7, you could do a higher jump between them, since the intervals are higher and they have a higher meaning in the song and in the beginning (this could also help with variety in this start) - idk keeping 00:51:877 (6) - as a slider seems more logical to me. also keeping 00:52:199 (7,8) - as the same seems more logical to me cuz consistency
- 00:57:038 (6,7) - you could make them only 1 slider and give an agressive shape to emphasize the little bent note from the music, would look sexy and meaningfull to the music - hmm... i decided to only make a 1/4 slider
- 00:58:328 (2) - Could also try a sexier shape - that's plenty sexy. in fact it's lewd
- 00:59:619 (5,6) - they could be 1 slider but 100% straight, since the musical note from 5 is kept the same until 6, so it would represent better this note - you are right
- 01:03:490 (2) - sexier shape? - sexyyy sexyyy
- 01:10:587 (1) - increase the DS, it's a strong moment in this beginning, you need to add more variety to this epic moment - keeping the consistency for now
- 01:12:522 (5) - same note as the previous slider tail again, could be a stack - same reasoning as above
- 01:12:522 (5,6) - remember the stack i just mentioned? yeah, 6 is 5 actually, they could be 1 slider just like the one i mentioned at 00:59:619 (5,6) - donnnnneeeeee
[About variety in beginning]
So, one of the main isses IMO, about this beginning, is the lack of variety, although its waaaaay more calm than the rest of the song...this beginning is actually really beautifull and impactfull! XD So in my opinion, the way it is now, it's really boring, there are like...2 or 3 different ''things'' that keeps doing an eternal loop...so, based on what I said before, try to improve this beginning, there are way more stuff you could do if you put your heart into the song.
Ok this is what I had in mind when I mapped March of War. I was thinking of the peace and calm before the battle. There's the same faces standing next to you, same old battlefield, same sky, same birds, same everything. I definitely could have added a lot of variety into this but I decided not to cuz to me it was like that. Same thing repeating over and over. Nervous waiting for the great battle to start and when the battle starts it starts with a huge thunder to your face and bam bodyparts flying and stuff. That's the reason behind this repeating.
[Middle 1:29:275 -> 3:33:868 ]
- 01:40:967 (3) - Rotate 25° clockwise for better symmetry with the entire pattern of 01:40:422 (1,2,3,4,1) - done
- 02:03:877 (5) - maybe a slight curve like the other ones? - nah
- 02:14:240 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1) - all the streams feel really open, but this one makes me feel a bit ''close'', because it kinda overlaps with the previous positions from 02:13:149 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - so i was expecting something Like this , of course not 100% like this....but something along these positions, more to the left, so it feels more ''open'' and more ''flow friendly''...of course you'll need to adapt some of the other next sections to adjust to this, but that's the whole idea - should be more open now
- 02:22:695 (4) - reason similar to the previous one....if you look at 02:18:604 (1,2,3,4) - , they have a symetric position and plays in a nice flow, but imo these 02:21:877 (1,2,3,4) - don't....something that would look better is by ctrl + H this 02:22:695 (4) - and make these 4 a triangle like the previous one, or a better square with adjusted angles - hmm i think these are just fine
- 02:32:232 (3) - make it head right? ( -> ) would look better in the pattern and have a better flow with 02:32:504 (4) - i like the way it looks now better and it flows fine because you mainly hold your cursor at one place with triples like this right?
- 02:38:232 (1,4) - first time I noticed you doing an overlap like this...maybe placing 4 in a different place? - this is totally on purpose to follow the guitar
[middle pt.2 03:37:688 -> 05:11:618]
- 03:38:274 (4) - make that a single note, the slider tail is kinda useless and make this a bit more generic and less epic - i used sliders like this all the time in this part so no
- 04:52:615 (2,3,4) - turn it a slider with reverse so it doesn't stand out that much? - yea just a random triple like that is a bit random when it comes out so suddenly
- Everything else: amazing - yeiiiiiiiiii
Really liked the map xD and the song is awesome, gogo c: - thanks!!
You have my deepest respect
Maakkeli wrote:Ok this is what I had in mind when I mapped March of War. I was thinking of the peace and calm before the battle. There's the same faces standing next to you, same old battlefield, same sky, same birds, same everything. I definitely could have added a lot of variety into this but I decided not to cuz to me it was like that. Same thing repeating over and over. Nervous waiting for the great battle to start and when the battle starts it starts with a huge thunder to your face and bam bodyparts flying and stuff. That's the reason behind this repeating.
Smoothie World wrote:[General]
Disable countdown - lel
I feel AR 9.7 would be more fitting for a 6.5 220bpm OD9 map. - ok
Bell hitsounds would be so sick in the intro. Not required but it'd be so awesome in my opinion xD - i'll just steal Mazzerin's bell sound gonna change this tomorrow
I would recommend, instead of the current blues, to go for a more steel blue... faded like the background, sort of. The current blue seems a bit too vibrant. -ok this tomorrow too cuz i need to go to sleep[Repentless Brutality]
00:31:883 - Perhaps find a custom clap sound. The one here doesn't fit the style of the song at all, and since you have mostly custom, why not replace it to fit the song better. - i'll do some searching ----> tomorrow
01:29:116 (1) - Recheck your timing on this note. It sounds a tad early at 25 percent speed. - maybe it's better now
03:18:322 (13,1) - The spacing could be larger here to emphasize the finish sound and the beginning of kiai. Also, try not to use all 3 hitsounds on one line. It sounds very cluttered. - spacing fixed and removed the whistle from (1)
Solid. I would get a BN for this now (if you can find any of course xD) - I'm waiting for a storyboard. But finding a BN is another thing then.
He's never online lol and he already did point some things out for me
Raiden wrote:Oh my, get Mazzerin to mod this map