forum

should i learn mods?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Trosk-
moved to g&r
Tarzan
- By 100k, learn how to do triples perfectly (at least for your level)
- By 50k, learn how to stream properly, aka getting to feel the rhythm of each individual beats of stream, no button mashing
- By 10k, learn what you want to specialize in (Jumping,Streaming, All Rounder?)
- By 5k-1k learn a mod
Mahogany
No

Play nomod

You have no reason to learn mods yet
Mr Meeseeks_old_1

Mahogany wrote:

No

Play nomod

You have no reason to learn mods yet
Yolshka
Think of mods as tools to incrase difficulty, which they really are.I think as long as you can find maps that are hard for you, there's no reason to incrase the difficulty even further.
Though if you absolutely want to play with mods fur fun I would suggest HR , since DT is reallly difficult in my opinion , and if you keep failing you'll be disappointed and will not like it anymore.

I don't know about HD though, It doesn't seem that difficult.But It's kind of fun.Well, I guess the pp bonus isn't that much either.
Topic Starter
Leme

A6E wrote:

- By 100k, learn how to do triples perfectly (at least for your level)
- By 50k, learn how to stream properly, aka getting to feel the rhythm of each individual beats of stream, no button mashing
- By 10k, learn what you want to specialize in (Jumping,Streaming, All Rounder?)
- By 5k-1k learn a mod
Do you mean 5k-1k within my country or the world?
Mahogany

feshc wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

mods
thank you for correcting me omg

He means 5k-1k in the world.
S[u]nD[e]Yz
At your rank mods are unnecessary and often lead to bad habits, keep playing nomod, don't touch mods like DT HR until the rank 10k or even the 5k
Bauxe
Why do so many people think you need to 'learn' mods like what the fuck, they don't change the game mechanics. The only ones you might need to learn are flashlight, easy, and maybe hidden.
Mahogany
Because you need to learn to play AR10 just like you needed to learn to play AR9, for example
-Makishima S-
710k hits @ 5 months, you don't even properly play this game
You don't progress becouse you don't practice properly
Play more nomod
Don't complain - practice more

Bauxe

Mahogany wrote:

Because you need to learn to play AR10 just like you needed to learn to play AR9, for example
That isn't learning a mod though. HR doesn't always make it AR10, nor does DT.
--Shizuru--
No you should not learn a mod. HR hurts my hands, Dt hurts my ears, hidden hurts my eyeballs. Play nomod and actually have fun. Semi srs.
silento
Its too early to play mods at that range in my opinion. Tried doing HR and DT when I had that pp and it was a headache. Just play more nomods and build your skill before slapping on the mods.
Sporadik
Well, I'm trying on mods now because I have to do it for a tournament, but i dont suggest you do it all the time, just try it at first, then try to enjoy it, mod or nomod,
but most in our rank play only in nomod :) so in summary, just have fun in playing whether with mod or nomod :D
I Give Up
You can HD any time you want. But don't DT/HR too early now or you will become niche player that only play high bpm or ar10. Climb through the stars.
Mahogany

Bauxe wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

That isn't learning a mod though.
Irrelevant. You have to learn to play under new conditions, which is functionally the exact same thing.

Bauxe wrote:

HR doesn't always make it AR10, nor does DT.
You're not properly playing HR if it doesn't make a map AR10, because AR10 is one of it's defining characteristics. Someone's mistaken if they think they're learning HR on like a 2* map at AR6 or something. Same goes for DT.
Endie-
Don't play HR
Topic Starter
Leme

[Taiga] wrote:

710k hits @ 5 months, you don't even properly play this game
You don't progress becouse you don't practice properly
Play more nomod
Don't complain - practice more

Is that a large or small amount of hits for my time played
-Makishima S-
Very small, as i said - you don't even properly play this game.
Synpoo
start with DT and never stop

gotta go fast
ShedowShedow
Only useful for letting me play songs I like that don't have a remotely challenging beatmap. Nightcoring some songs is neat-o too.
Risa
Every mod except nofail sucks imo
E m i
every mod except hd is fun!!!
Pituophis
Remember kids, don't do mods. They can ruin your life.
Infevo
Play what you like. There is nothing wrong with throwing some hd on once in a while as a beginner. Even if it is only for a fresh change. I like playing HD since it improves my aim and forces me to tap more accurate (and i am really inaccurate due to spamming dt and rather challenging maps for my personal level).

DT and HR only alter difficulty stats. There is not much of a point playing 5 star maps if your progression is around 3 star maps, is it. But again, there is no rule to it.

EZ and FL are rather specific. If you like playing with high object density and memorization play EZ. If you want to compete with FL cheaters you slap FL on and never get taken serious in the future by anyone anymore.

At the end of the day all what matter is enjoyment. If you don't like the game, you won't feel urge of playing a lot. If you don't play a lot you won't improve. And if mods improve the fun aspect for you individually go for it.

Momiji wrote:

every mod except hd is fun!!!
pls