forum

<deleted>

posted
Total Posts
show more
Benpoi

vldttfy wrote:

I just got my ctl 490 and its super laggy on desktop and in osu, it wont work fine if i hover. It only works good only if i touch. Are you guys having a suggestion for me please.
Try enabling "Raw input" on osu!, it helps some people
N_Studios
I got a Bamboo Capture CTH-470 back in 2013. It's a wonderful little thing. Hasn't let me down once yet. If anyone is looking for a good tablet to use for osu!, the CTH-470 is definitely something you should check out.
Konraduser
Hello,

I've read many topics like that today.
I've bought my tablet (cth-490) about a month ago, I've seen 480 at my friend's and was very unsure which one to get.
Besides what people have been saying I have no issues with 490. I have no problem with lift off because i'm a drag player and i'm playing on polycarbonate plate sticked on top of my tablet with tape.

To people discussing bout lift off distance - I'm not 100% sure but you can change it (increase) by editing some files in appdata.

I will be comparing my 490 to friend's 480 and can post some opinion here but as of now i recommend 490 - at least for drag players, because it's working with no issues, and it's even hard for me to imagine how is 480 better than 490.

Lastly about the pen - yes, it is horrible, but it's nothing you can't fix with a little bit of imagination - i've wrapped bit of cotton string around it so my thumb has better grip and since then it works like a charm.
I would've forgot - raw input in osu changes completely how tablet behaves for me - cursor shakes when it's off
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
Konraduser
Shiyuri, it's obvious you are defending 480 so bad becouse it's the one you use XD
anyways before answering me you should've checked if you're right beecause you CAN ACTUALLY CHANGE HEIGHT OFFSET and I'm not going to do it because tablet works fine to me and i don't want to mess it up but PEOPLE HAVE DONE IT ALREADY.

google: how-to-fix-the-height-offset-on-your-wacom
and stop bullshitting lol
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
Konraduser
Sorry for being rude - yeah that was mean of me.
I just felt bit offended by last line because it's not like i've used 480 for few hours, I've done some solid testing - but you have a point - it's not mine.
I'm simply happy with what I've got - on mouse I had several problems with acceleration so I'm rather sensitive but how could i sense lag that's <5ms.
I've seen people doing 7* maps on Intellimouse from 2006 with alot of lag so how can I be hesitant about lag so small?

Average time of information flowing from your brain to your hand is around 50-60ms so I won't complain about additional 5ms(if it were more I'd knew lol)

I'm using 6.3.15-2 driver, my lift off's about 7-8mm so you can compare yours;

Anyways, sorry for offence, hope you have good day and rank up efficiently :D
TheNivixX
Hello; first of all, sorry for my bad english.

I received a CTH-490 like one month ago, I'am a new tablet player so I don't know if the 480 is less laggy than 490, I'am using the last driver "6.3.15-3" and I have 2ms responsive time with this driver, but I feel that there is more lags when I play hovering than dragging.
ZenithPhantasm

Shiyuri wrote:

Why are you getting so rude?
I'm not bullshitting. I have tested both models and still have both.

And not everyone wants to go into some configs and change something.
The 490 still has a delay using the latest driver, I tested it myself.
Placebo
jk idk
-SnZ-
So I bought this 490 (art) yesterday, and new drivers and proper config = no lag (you can also tape pen to fix any of this funny lag), but the hover distance is just mistake for me. Currently I will go for refund and try to buy -480.. //-480 here and it's greater, hover distance is just right, for -490 it's a joke.
Tbh
I bought the Draw model (the only one without touch) and I have 0 lag and 0 problems with it. I wish there was a video showcasing this lag so I could understand it better :/

(I did a review on this tablet a few weeks ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFLQeh ... ce5wj2mw0k )
Dr Sensei-Hugo
Hi guys. I bought the ctl-490 about 3 months ago and immediately noticed the huge lag. Literally it was SO HUGE I could not even play daidai genome nomod. I stumbled upon a thread that said that tape the nib to the pen and the tablet thinks that you are dragging even thought you are hovering. I did that but the problem is that I like to play tap+x which is now impossible, and currently I cant sell the tab and buy the other intuos, nor can I buy the older intuos. So do I have to use my old crappy Trust tablet or just learn to singletap with keyboard?
Tbh

DrSensei-Hugo wrote:

Hi guys. I bought the ctl-490 about 3 months ago and immediately noticed the huge lag. Literally it was SO HUGE I could not even play daidai genome nomod. I stumbled upon a thread that said that tape the nib to the pen and the tablet thinks that you are dragging even thought you are hovering. I did that but the problem is that I like to play tap+x which is now impossible, and currently I cant sell the tab and buy the other intuos, nor can I buy the older intuos. So do I have to use my old crappy Trust tablet or just learn to singletap with keyboard?
have you tried going to the site and reinstalling the software? What windows version are you using? is this hovering lag specific to osu!(in game) ?
Kenan
lol, i bought the same tablet with the same issues, it just lags so bad it's not even funny..
MrArting
ngungodandon
Well actually my CTH 490's latency in osu jumps from 0.5-0.7ms,is that bad?
Kafein_old_1
I started using CTL-490 last year when I was at 1.5k pp up to now and I still fail to see any input lag on my tablet that everyone's talking about.
Luddy
That is probably because this is an old thread, the problems have probably been addressed and fixed with the recent driver updates. Just picked myself up a CT-490 today and have not noticed any input lag.\

Scratch that. Never buy this tablet. It is extremely inconsistent and terrible. I have lag randomly even when dragging. I'm getting a CTL-480 eventually over this garbage.
myAccSuks

Ludd wrote:

That is probably because this is an old thread, the problems have probably been addressed and fixed with the recent driver updates. Just picked myself up a CT-490 today and have not noticed any input lag.
Yup, late to the party, but thanks for confirming this.

BTW, can anyone else who has the lag issue confirm that it's gone? or fixed it some way? Honestly, I play with mouse, so not sure why it matters, but i wanted to get back into drawing, wasn't sure if this lag is a big issue since i feel like response lag in general would screw me over.

Thanks!
Gibby_SK
I just bought this tablet for christmas and its fine. Yea that hovering is kinda annoying but I can play with that and i have zero input lag. In Osu I have latency somewhere on 5 but i cant feel any lag. You just have broken model or something.
Erlkonig
Sorry to break it to you guys but input lag is still there lol.
It's noticable best when you are coming from a more proper one like huion or CTL-480 but even if this is your first tablet you can notice it by first hovering, and then dragging. Bought one for my brother and I couldn't play like 3 star maps, the tablet is so awkward.

That being said, it doesn't mean it is not playable. There is a guy at top 100 who plays with this tablet and drags. If you can drag it doesn't really have a difference.
Rokru

Erlkonig wrote:

It's noticable best when you are coming from a more proper one like huion or CTL-480 but even if this is your first tablet you can notice it by first hovering, and then dragging. Bought one for my brother and I couldn't play like 3 star maps, the tablet is so awkward.

That being said, it doesn't mean it is not playable. There is a guy at top 100 who plays with this tablet and drags. If you can drag it doesn't really have a difference.
Just for everyone looking at this thread and wondering if the input lag is still there: it's not.
Got a ctl-490 (Art) today and it has 0 input lag whatsoever. Maybe it's because I got the art version but there is no difference except the software and the touch function.
Luddy

Rokru wrote:

Erlkonig wrote:

Just for everyone looking at this thread and wondering if the input lag is still there: it's not.
Got a ctl-490 (Art) today and it has 0 input lag whatsoever. Maybe it's because I got the art version but there is no difference except the software and the touch function.
no. there is still input lag. the drag is okayyyy. the hovering is absolutely horridly laggy.
Brennanana
If you're hovering with the 490, taping the pen nib so it's pushed in will reduce the input lag, but of course, you'll need to disable the click in your settings, and you won't be able to tap with it.

Btw, has anyone had issues with the pen itself? I find it's wayyy too skinny, slippery & recently i've found the buttons on the side to be getting really annoying (not accidentally clicking them, they're disabled) but more the placement of the buttons on the pen just feel really bad against my fingers no matter the grip.
Ketho_old
I'm a (new) player and buying the CTL-490 Wacom Intuos Comic since the CTL-480 is a bit hard to get here in the Netherlands and I also want to learn digital art on a beginner level

Good to know there is still input lag when hovering instead of dragging, hopefully it's not really noticeable for easier beatmaps
Icymato

dempsey69 wrote:

i want to buy the new intuos draw but.... the reviews I've seen, I'm a little hesitant :c
I recently bought it and i have some problems with the delay and hover area but as i get used to it it it's that much of a problem.
Aharu
Should I get this or CTL-471? CTL-480 is really hard to get here.
P0INTxBLANK
:)
Faolan

P0INTxBLANK wrote:

I have a friend who owns a 490, and he doesn't use it (He used to use it for art, since his friend gave him it.) I asked him if I could use it, and I tried it. When I used it for osu!, there was no input lag after tweaking with the settings for the tablet. In other words, It worked as good as a 480.

(Even though I'm not a "pro" player, I have tried both the 480 and 490, and found no input lag between both tablets.)
If you're dragging you will have a hard time noticing the input lag between 480 with default drivers and the 490, but this should easily be noticeable when you use 480 drivers with no smoothing or hover with the 490. Never use the 490 if you can help it.