forum

<deleted>

posted
Total Posts
show more
silento
I must be the only person in the world who has no problems with 490s. I have one and I'm failing to see any difference between this and a 480 (I have a real life friend using a 480) other than the obvious aesthetics (preferred the 490 pen too to be honest).
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
dempsey69
i want to buy the new intuos draw but.... the reviews I've seen, I'm a little hesitant :c
Mr Meeseeks_old_1
As an owner of a ctl 490, I've had no problems with my tablet and it hasnt let me down in osu. No delay here
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
silento
I dunno, I'm still not seeing it. Maybe I got used to it I dunno. I'm running latest drivers if that means anything along with the single FixMyPen use.
Aqo
you should get 490 it is very good

490 all the way

yes
Infevo
can you use proper drivers on the 490 (6.3.9w5)? or is the tablet useless for osu! ?
Synpoo
tl;dr get the 480

when i got mine i went from rank 30k to 1k in a week :^)
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
Kafein_old_1
I've been using my Intuos Art (CTH-490) for about 2 months now. Never experienced any lags, delays, or anything like that. Not sure why some people are having problems with theirs.
Doomsdaddy
I ordered a CTL-490 (Draw), mostly because I didn't find a single place where a 480 could be bought. Oh well, I'll just hope I won't have delays with it whenever I get it.
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
Symethe
I got a CTH-490 for Christmas, and I can confirm the slight delay. Shiyuri describes it perfectly: It's as if the tablet tries to make the cursor movement smoother, which is unnecessary and bad for Osu! specifically.
I've been trying a CTH-480 with the same driver and the same settings, but there's no noticeable delay when using that one.
ZenithPhantasm

TheArchist wrote:

I dunno, I'm still not seeing it. Maybe I got used to it I dunno. I'm running latest drivers if that means anything along with the single FixMyPen use.
Or maybe you dont have the sensorimotor skills to detect such minute differences
Darth_Mula
its good i FC miraizu on DT with this tablet :D
Qenomo
Yes, I had the same problem with my CTL-490 so I returned it and the CTL-480 had less input lag by far. The thing is that my CTL-480 only had a hover distance of 1cm like the CTL-490. Is this the same for others?
Wentworth
You should try to update the drivers. Then check if the problem persists.
Qenomo

Nemyses wrote:

You should try to update the drivers. Then check if the problem persists.
True, I returned the tablet but have now realised there are driver updates from like last week. I reordered it and will give feedback on them!
Wentworth
Very well, i'm glad if the problem Has Been solved, could you tell me if the surface of the tablet allows drag without problems?
Qenomo

Nemyses wrote:

Very well, i'm glad if the problem Has Been solved, could you tell me if the surface of the tablet allows drag without problems?
It still needs some time to arrive however I can let you know when I get it :) I'm not a dragger though so my input may not be that good.
Wentworth

PheysHunt wrote:

Nemyses wrote:

It still needs some time to arrive however I can let you know when I get it :) I'm not a dragger though so my input may not be that good.
I also want to change the tablet, I have ctl 480 but this new one attracted me, just because of this problem I can not order it.
Maldenarus
Before the driverupdate I had nothing to compare the behaviour to. But i can distinctly feel a difference now. The newer driver 6.3.15-2 seems much faster then the older 6.3.14-1 an 6.3.15-1. I'm Running on a Windows 10 64bit Professional.
Compared to the newer driver the older feels "gooey".
But as i have no access to an CTL-480 i cannot compare the CTL-490 with it. So the feeling might be off despite the driver update.
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
Wentworth
The tablet sucks, not for aesthetics , not the pen , but the distance of the signal between the pen and the tablet is too low and is unplayable if you are an hover player. It takes patience because it is difficult especially if someone previously had the ctl 480 (me in this case )

So I Requested a refund from where I bought and I Bought again the CTL 480

Pen And very pretty ,even the tablet .

As regards the delay input , it has been solved with the last driver.

WARNING: this refers only to people who use the tablet exclusively for osu !
Cherisle
i don't think the latest drivers fixed it for the CTL490, it still does a stutter and stops functioning when the movement is really fast, and quite frequently.
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
Iciee
Just received my CTL 490 today, The pen sucks compare to my last one I had (which is Pro Pen for Intuos4) Less grip on the pen and since I'm not a hover person, I don't recommend it whoever reads this and planning to get a tablet. But its something I need to get used to anyways.
Benpoi
Time to C&P my 2 cents from another forum page

"I recently changed to one of these from a CTL-480 and the increase in input lag is noticeable, even with the new drivers. This is because the tablet is designed for graphics design and drawing, so Wacom added a feature called "cursor smoothing" which reduces the 'snappiness' of the cursor and allows it to drift better (this is ideal for drawing and such, but not so much for Osu!), which is what we feel as the input lag. The newest drivers haven't changed this feature so the input lag will still be there, and hopefully Wacom will add a toggle to said feature if Osu! ever becomes more popular. I can post a comparison between the 2 tablets if anyone is interested."
EASY CLICKS
I just got my ctl 490 and its super laggy on desktop and in osu, it wont work fine if i hover. It only works good only if i touch. Are you guys having a suggestion for me please.
Benpoi

vldttfy wrote:

I just got my ctl 490 and its super laggy on desktop and in osu, it wont work fine if i hover. It only works good only if i touch. Are you guys having a suggestion for me please.
Try enabling "Raw input" on osu!, it helps some people
N_Studios
I got a Bamboo Capture CTH-470 back in 2013. It's a wonderful little thing. Hasn't let me down once yet. If anyone is looking for a good tablet to use for osu!, the CTH-470 is definitely something you should check out.
Konraduser
Hello,

I've read many topics like that today.
I've bought my tablet (cth-490) about a month ago, I've seen 480 at my friend's and was very unsure which one to get.
Besides what people have been saying I have no issues with 490. I have no problem with lift off because i'm a drag player and i'm playing on polycarbonate plate sticked on top of my tablet with tape.

To people discussing bout lift off distance - I'm not 100% sure but you can change it (increase) by editing some files in appdata.

I will be comparing my 490 to friend's 480 and can post some opinion here but as of now i recommend 490 - at least for drag players, because it's working with no issues, and it's even hard for me to imagine how is 480 better than 490.

Lastly about the pen - yes, it is horrible, but it's nothing you can't fix with a little bit of imagination - i've wrapped bit of cotton string around it so my thumb has better grip and since then it works like a charm.
I would've forgot - raw input in osu changes completely how tablet behaves for me - cursor shakes when it's off
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
Konraduser
Shiyuri, it's obvious you are defending 480 so bad becouse it's the one you use XD
anyways before answering me you should've checked if you're right beecause you CAN ACTUALLY CHANGE HEIGHT OFFSET and I'm not going to do it because tablet works fine to me and i don't want to mess it up but PEOPLE HAVE DONE IT ALREADY.

google: how-to-fix-the-height-offset-on-your-wacom
and stop bullshitting lol
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
Konraduser
Sorry for being rude - yeah that was mean of me.
I just felt bit offended by last line because it's not like i've used 480 for few hours, I've done some solid testing - but you have a point - it's not mine.
I'm simply happy with what I've got - on mouse I had several problems with acceleration so I'm rather sensitive but how could i sense lag that's <5ms.
I've seen people doing 7* maps on Intellimouse from 2006 with alot of lag so how can I be hesitant about lag so small?

Average time of information flowing from your brain to your hand is around 50-60ms so I won't complain about additional 5ms(if it were more I'd knew lol)

I'm using 6.3.15-2 driver, my lift off's about 7-8mm so you can compare yours;

Anyways, sorry for offence, hope you have good day and rank up efficiently :D
TheNivixX
Hello; first of all, sorry for my bad english.

I received a CTH-490 like one month ago, I'am a new tablet player so I don't know if the 480 is less laggy than 490, I'am using the last driver "6.3.15-3" and I have 2ms responsive time with this driver, but I feel that there is more lags when I play hovering than dragging.
ZenithPhantasm

Shiyuri wrote:

Why are you getting so rude?
I'm not bullshitting. I have tested both models and still have both.

And not everyone wants to go into some configs and change something.
The 490 still has a delay using the latest driver, I tested it myself.
Placebo
jk idk
-SnZ-
So I bought this 490 (art) yesterday, and new drivers and proper config = no lag (you can also tape pen to fix any of this funny lag), but the hover distance is just mistake for me. Currently I will go for refund and try to buy -480.. //-480 here and it's greater, hover distance is just right, for -490 it's a joke.
show more