forum

<deleted>

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
silento
I must be the only person in the world who has no problems with 490s. I have one and I'm failing to see any difference between this and a 480 (I have a real life friend using a 480) other than the obvious aesthetics (preferred the 490 pen too to be honest).
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
dempsey69
i want to buy the new intuos draw but.... the reviews I've seen, I'm a little hesitant :c
Mr Meeseeks_old_1
As an owner of a ctl 490, I've had no problems with my tablet and it hasnt let me down in osu. No delay here
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
silento
I dunno, I'm still not seeing it. Maybe I got used to it I dunno. I'm running latest drivers if that means anything along with the single FixMyPen use.
Aqo
you should get 490 it is very good

490 all the way

yes
Infevo
can you use proper drivers on the 490 (6.3.9w5)? or is the tablet useless for osu! ?
Synpoo
tl;dr get the 480

when i got mine i went from rank 30k to 1k in a week :^)
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
Kafein_old_1
I've been using my Intuos Art (CTH-490) for about 2 months now. Never experienced any lags, delays, or anything like that. Not sure why some people are having problems with theirs.
Doomsdaddy
I ordered a CTL-490 (Draw), mostly because I didn't find a single place where a 480 could be bought. Oh well, I'll just hope I won't have delays with it whenever I get it.
Topic Starter
shiyuri
<deleted>
Symethe
I got a CTH-490 for Christmas, and I can confirm the slight delay. Shiyuri describes it perfectly: It's as if the tablet tries to make the cursor movement smoother, which is unnecessary and bad for Osu! specifically.
I've been trying a CTH-480 with the same driver and the same settings, but there's no noticeable delay when using that one.
ZenithPhantasm

TheArchist wrote:

I dunno, I'm still not seeing it. Maybe I got used to it I dunno. I'm running latest drivers if that means anything along with the single FixMyPen use.
Or maybe you dont have the sensorimotor skills to detect such minute differences
Darth_Mula
its good i FC miraizu on DT with this tablet :D
Qenomo
Yes, I had the same problem with my CTL-490 so I returned it and the CTL-480 had less input lag by far. The thing is that my CTL-480 only had a hover distance of 1cm like the CTL-490. Is this the same for others?
Wentworth
You should try to update the drivers. Then check if the problem persists.
Qenomo

Nemyses wrote:

You should try to update the drivers. Then check if the problem persists.
True, I returned the tablet but have now realised there are driver updates from like last week. I reordered it and will give feedback on them!
Wentworth
Very well, i'm glad if the problem Has Been solved, could you tell me if the surface of the tablet allows drag without problems?
Qenomo

Nemyses wrote:

Very well, i'm glad if the problem Has Been solved, could you tell me if the surface of the tablet allows drag without problems?
It still needs some time to arrive however I can let you know when I get it :) I'm not a dragger though so my input may not be that good.
Wentworth

PheysHunt wrote:

Nemyses wrote:

It still needs some time to arrive however I can let you know when I get it :) I'm not a dragger though so my input may not be that good.
I also want to change the tablet, I have ctl 480 but this new one attracted me, just because of this problem I can not order it.
Maldenarus
Before the driverupdate I had nothing to compare the behaviour to. But i can distinctly feel a difference now. The newer driver 6.3.15-2 seems much faster then the older 6.3.14-1 an 6.3.15-1. I'm Running on a Windows 10 64bit Professional.
Compared to the newer driver the older feels "gooey".
But as i have no access to an CTL-480 i cannot compare the CTL-490 with it. So the feeling might be off despite the driver update.
show more