forum

Strength building question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Green Toilet
In fitness it's common to have a schedule that has 2 days of workout and then 1 day rest inbetween it. This is so the muscles can recover and rebuild with the additional power from the training.

How much of this holds true for Osu in terms of building power and endurance for streaming. Has anyone felt taking planned breaks every few days has actually benefit them as opposed to keep on playing 7 days a week? :?:
Endaris
I dont have a schedule on playing osu! but from my subjective perspective my streaming improved after a 1-2 day break after a day of stream practice.
That said, my endurance and strength is probably shitlevel so no clue :D
ZenithPhantasm
Every day
Endie-
This works and is what I've been doing.
I play 5 hours a day 5 times a week and rest 2 days.
I would recommend it.
I don't know about playing 2 days and resting 1 though. You should try that out for yourself
-Makishima S-
100 minutes of 200 bpm single tapping
100 minutes of 200 bpm streaming
100 minutes of marathons

every day without day off

and you can be a Cookiezi
silento
Haven't paid attention to this fact as I learned to shittily stream (look, I only wanted to play Sakura Nagashi and the nature of dying, okay?), but for stamina that's definitely true for me. Only thing I have that's redeeming for my rank, I suck at everything else, which should change soon.
Yakuyan
I found that taking breaks (days or weeks) worsens my endurance but makes my aim better. When I took breaks that lasted for several months, it made me a better player overall surprisingly, but I know it applies differently for everybody. Everybody gets better playing 7 days a week though, but if your wrist starts hurting or something, take a break for a day or few.
Spirit_Dreamer

[Taiga] wrote:

100 minutes of marathons

sanjou! hisshou! shijou saikyou......

sorry I couldn't restrain myself xD

On the topic.The result from taking short brakes depends on the individual, recently I discovered I realy need to take them to refresh myself (well the fact that I'm always sleep deprived has a role too)
Risa
When its not holidays i only play on weekends and its fine
E m i
Every dayyyy
You don't have to strain your stamina every time you play.
- Milhofo -
That might work for some people, I've improved by taking breaks and by playing everyday, it just depends on when I reach the turning point I guess. Now if people actually schedule their osu playtime based on improvement, that's a whole new level of trying, play for fun people xd
Rilene
Am I in a bodybuilding forum?
Vertify

TheBurningFlame wrote:

I found that taking breaks (days or weeks) worsens my endurance but makes my aim better. When I took breaks that lasted for several months, it made me a better player overall surprisingly, but I know it applies differently for everybody. Everybody gets better playing 7 days a week though, but if your wrist starts hurting or something, take a break for a day or few.
That's 100% due to your reading being reset (most likely from playing a lot of High AR); reading plays a big part to your aim. In regards to stamina- well, taking long breaks definitely does not help.

Playing everyday or near is probably the only thing really. Play a couple streams maps in between your regular norm maps~
Also figure out whether it's easier to stream by using your wrist or fingers.
I Give Up
Tap gently save stamina.
Deva

[Taiga] wrote:

100 minutes of marathons

What if i alternate?

Strength for osu? Why? When i tap with my right hand i can tap 10x harder but im nowhere as accurate or fast. So why?
ZenithPhantasm
You probably suck which is why you tap hard.
-Makishima S-
What if i alternate?

Strength for osu? Why? When i tap with my right hand i can tap 10x harder but im nowhere as accurate or fast. So why?
You are autistic little shit, nothing can help you.