forum

Osu! in steam , why not?!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LolisLolis
Hi guys , i am Pedro "GunaGuna" Andrade and i have a question. Why don't OSU! go to steam? Wouldn't it be a hude step for the game, since steam is so popular and if OSU! appeared in steam it would gain a lot of new players wouldn't that be excelent for the "growing of the game" ?
Greetings,
Pedro "GunaGuna" Andrade
(BTW) Feel free to add me on steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/LolisAreLove/
Rilene
Sounds nice but sadly, there are too bad there are more disadvantages than advantages.

Obviously copyright issues. :(
Endaris
One of the greatest thing about osu! is its complete absence from any commercial stuff.
And it's also what keeps this game alive as peppy would get sentenced to a lifetime in jail if he profits off of the music of all the people.
That said, it's just not profitable to go to steam and it only creates stupid dependencies that peppy certainly doesn't need in his life.
Topic Starter
LolisLolis

Endaris wrote:

One of the greatest thing about osu! is its complete absence from any commercial stuff.
And it's also what keeps this game alive as peppy would get sentenced to a lifetime in jail if he profits off of the music of all the people.
That said, it's just not profitable to go to steam and it only creates stupid dependencies that peppy certainly doesn't need in his life.
Oh now that you say it's true... I just looked to the part of wanting to get more players and thought of the rest, damn i went a little bit ignorant here. Thank you for explaining tho ^_^ I really appreciate it ^_^
Topic Starter
LolisLolis

Rilene wrote:

Sounds nice but sadly, there are too bad there are more disadvantages than advantages.

Obviously copyright issues. :(
Tbh its true :/ i didn't thought of that parts, i only thought of wanting the game bigger by getting more players, byt that went a little bit ignorant. Thank you for the answear ^_^
Rilene
Nice to hear that, so osu! will keep being a indie game.
Cause of complications.
Pulxe_old
We don't want peppy in jail, do we now? :|
peppy
Why do we need more players? Why do we need steam features when we already have everything steam can offer (automatic updates, community etc.)?

Why does this keep getting asked even though I've provided solid answers for why I don't want to put osu! on steam? Why does a game need to be on steam to be "successful"?

Please try searching before asking.