forum

Streaming Too Fast/Bad Accuracy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Runachai
My biggest issue that I have right now would be I stream way too fast that my accuracy is bad. My current speed is at 200 Bpm. I need help slowing down my pace. Any suggestions? If I created an extra forum for this, I apologize.
Raniemi

Runachai wrote:

My current speed is at 200 Bpm..
Does that mean you can 100% 200BPM streams?
If you can, just start playing slower streams like 190 until you can 100% them consistently and continue dropping BPM.
Topic Starter
Runachai
That's where I'm most consistent on getting 300s.
RaneFire

Runachai wrote:

That's where I'm most consistent on getting 300s.
Probably only because the hit windows overlap more at higher speeds, combined with the trend of applying OD7 to fast streamy maps. With this in mind, my best guess is that you are fooling yourself and are actually mashing. As the name goes, this is frowned upon, but do not feel bad. (ok you should feel bad). It is an incredibly easy trap for newbies to fall into, since streaming is actually hard to learn.

First of all, it is extremely important to keep an equal measure of time between keypresses for each finger. You won't learn this in a day, or even a month. Bad streaming habits are extremely difficult to break. For this reason it is always recommended to start slow, usually 120-160 BPM. Going too slow can be a bit counter-productive at first, but I think there is merit in learning to stream 120 BPM. At these speeds you will be more aware if you fingers are stumbling.
Raniemi
Topic Starter
Runachai
Raniemi, perhaps you could be right that I am mashing, mind checking out my play later to see if I actually am? Thanks

RaneFire, Thanks for the maps but I have them already :P
Nabel_old_1

Runachai wrote:

Raniemi, perhaps you could be right that I am mashing, mind checking out my play later to see if I actually am? Thanks

RaneFire, Thanks for the maps but I have them already :P
If you are mashing you probably only overstream on <200 bpm streams. So if your bad acc on your top pp score is only due to overstreaming that might be an indication of mashing.
Saphirshroom

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

i sentence you to 100 plays of basara to learn to stream properly, you're just mashing atm
Topic Starter
Runachai
If I am mashing, what's the best way to stop?
Mahogany
idk since I have never mashed but play maps too slow to mash
Barusamikosu

Runachai wrote:

If I am mashing, what's the best way to stop?
Read RaneFire's post again. Also

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

i sentence you to 100 plays of basara to learn to stream properly, you're just mashing atm
RaneFire
I made this especially for you. Just kidding. I made this 2 years ago. Someone convinced me to upload it.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/395444
Topic Starter
Runachai
RaneFire, you are the best person ever :D Thank you very much, I'll treasure it. I'll be sure to thank you on my cover when I purchase supporter again.
RaneFire

Runachai wrote:

RaneFire, you are the best person ever :D Thank you very much, I'll treasure it. I'll be sure to thank you on my cover when I purchase supporter again.
You're welcome. Good luck!
Barusamikosu

RaneFire wrote:

I made this especially for you. Just kidding. I made this 2 years ago. Someone convinced me to upload it.

Whoa this looks great. Thanks.
Barusamikosu

RaneFire wrote:

Bumping a couple of days later to say that I really like this mapset. Awe of She can definitely replace Ai no Niwa for anybody currently using that to practice 120BPM. Having a drumline to follow makes a huge difference. It's also nice having a 130BPM map to fill the gap between 120-140 for long stream practice. Nagisa (100BPM) is extremely challenging (no drums to follow) but I'll probably practice it for fun anyways.

Thanks again.
vsprite
I use to only be able to stream 200+ and kept overstreaming anything slower than that. You have to play slower songs 160-190bpm for a while before you can get rid of the habit of mashing but it'll take a long time (at least it did for me).
RaneFire

Barusamikosu wrote:

Nagisa (100BPM) is extremely challenging (no drums to follow) but I'll probably practice it for fun anyways.
Sorry, I had trouble finding a 100BPM "streamy" song. I'll keep looking for a better one since I also don't like it that much.

Kind of hypocritical that I picked Awe of She because I didn't like Ai no Niwa for streaming too. Then I pick a 100 BPM song with the same problems as Ai no Niwa.
Endie-
spam 140 bpm stream maps
Have fun~
vsprite

Endie- wrote:

spam 140 bpm stream maps
Have fun~
It actually doesnt work as effectively as going down bpm slowly at a time e.g 200-190-180. Ive tried both ways.
Risa
Im assuming u r a singletapper.
If so then try to singletap with your other finger to gain some control over it