Total Posts
show more
Snakee_old
I have the Bancho problem too
no conction to the server while the firewall is off -.-
pleas help anybody
tofw1990
i also have the Bancho problem too

i can't connect the server, i just can play with myself= = can anyone help me?

HELP
Randy96

MetalMario201 wrote:

This issue pops up often with all the different network configurations about. To help keep the forum clean, all issues connecting to osu!'s ingame chat and multiplay system (Bancho) should be directed here.

Common solutions to this problem:
  1. Open TCP port 13381 on any firewalls between yourself and the internet.
  2. On Vista+, try turning down UAC to a lower setting, running in XP SP2 compatability mode, or allowing osu! to run as administrator.
  3. Some peer blocking blacklists contain osu!'s servers for some reason. Please add an exception for 174.34.145.226, 208.94.116.253, and 216.6.228.50 if you are using one.
  4. Have you tried logging out and back in?
More solutions to come.
CrystalxOcean
No Firewall, no antivirus.
Can submit scores but can't play multiplayer. (or i can for severals game, but disconnecting again after...)

Connect & disconnect to Bancho all the time.
Anyone can help ?
joannshiro
i'm using window vista,when i try to do multiplayer...

it come out with this。。

"Bancho authentication fail"

and where i can find the UAC??
Keroicon
The same problem happens here.
I tried all things and still have the problem, anyone can help me? I want to play osu!
Ruisu-kun_old
I don't know if this post goes here, but I'm having troubles with the BSS :S and bancho takes so much time to conect... I have to upload 2 maps and I can't do it

What should I do?
Keita_old
I have problems connecting to Bancho in game. Website/forums seems to work without any problem.
Sometimes it does not connect at all, and when it does only thing I can do is talking on IRC.
It does not allow me to check scores or upload new after finishing song.
Also have problem with connecting to osu! direct. If it somehow works it does not allow me do download anything (stuck at Initialising download).
Already tried running osu as administrator or with WinXP compatibility mode.
Ah, when checking ping to cho.ppy.sh most of the time request timed out.
Of course I already tried adding exceptions to firewall or turning it completely off, didn't help at all.

None of the solutions posted before seems to help.
Could it be just problems with my internet connection? I think there was no problems like that before switching to Windows 7 x64
(had 32bit version before).
peppy
This probably points to your ISP. Can you run a traceroute and find out which hop is causing the packet loss?
Keita_old
It seems to work normally now.
Problem seem to be be occuring during 12-16 gmt+2 time.

1.5 hour ago it was
TraceRoute to 174.34.145.226 [cho.ppy.sh]
Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
1 48 21 12 72.249.0.65 -
2 51 73 58 206.123.64.81 -
3 24 19 8 8.9.232.73 xe-5-3-0.edge3.dallas1.level3.net
4 58 44 16 4.71.220.14 xo-communic.edge2.dallas3.level3.net
5 43 42 20 207.88.14.242 207.88.14.242.ptr.us.xo.net
6 71 78 39 207.88.14.242 207.88.14.242.ptr.us.xo.net
7 70 77 72 207.88.12.42 te-3-2-0.rar3.denver-co.us.xo.net
8timed out207 205 216.156.0.194 ae0d0.mcr1.seattle-wa.us.xo.net
9 109 128 143 216.156.14.78 216.156.14.78.ptr.us.xo.net
10 91 79 71 65.47.29.202 edge1.sea.ubiquityservers.com
11 67 84 92 174.34.145.226 174.34.145.226.rdns.ubiquityservers.com

Probably time to talk to my housing office about this, I'm not the only one with simmilar problems.
Rithela
why was my post deleted? .___.
[Youmu]
I also cannot login to bancho anymore, I've tried the ports through the firewall and it isn't working still. I tried turning my firewall off too and that's still the same. This kept occuring ever since the last few patches. It have not happened before until then. Apparently this is what it looks like now when I tried to login.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... 2007/a.jpg

It just stays there on the login page

What else can I do to try and get back in? I really want to play again lol, so yeah. I've also tried re-installing and that didn't work.

[fixed after trying other things it amazingly worked]
Kazumamon
:( Please help me my Osu! Server wont work Today. I am logged in and the Internet works fine but they dont let me into the Multiplayer or Show my the Online Ranking into the Game.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :? :( :? :(
Topic Starter
mm201
Merged into the correct topic. Try some of the fixes in this topic and see if they help fix Multiplayer? Also make sure the games aren't private and their owners aren't kicking you out.
Hijiri Tezuka
I'm not sure if I should post this here, but I can't log in to Bancho. I get the "Connecting to Banch" message, but it just stays there. Internet connection is fine and all Osu! ports are unblocked. This started happening after the latest patch.

Oh, and the BSS isn't working for me as well
MetalAoi
Im having the same problem as Ayame
Pizzicato
i've been getting disconnected from time to time. same goes for my friends on #filipino.
LizardLaw974
none of the suggestions listed are helping. im haveing the same problem of not being able to be connected nor have my stats updated
takasumi0011
i can not play with other ppl (multi-play), seems the osu! keep receiving data and try to lost the connection.

I am using OS win7 64bit, and already turning down UAC to a lower setting, running in XP SP2 compatability mode.

Other hand, I have success one time login when the first day install the osu!.
shauntmw
I can submit scores, see global scoreboard on every beatmaps, use online favorites etc.
But, I can't login multiplayer section, and I always get the 'Receiving Data' below osu!

What could be the problem?

I am running Windows Vista, firewall completely off (I even stopped the firewall service), anti-virus off.
Am able to ping osu.ppy.sh, able to connect to internet and browse websites and other stuff, just not able to connect Bancho...
dvorak_old

shauntmw wrote:

I can submit scores, see global scoreboard on every beatmaps, use online favorites etc.
But, I can't login multiplayer section, and I always get the 'Receiving Data' below osu!

What could be the problem?

I am running Windows Vista, firewall completely off (I even stopped the firewall service), anti-virus off.
Am able to ping osu.ppy.sh, able to connect to internet and browse websites and other stuff, just not able to connect Bancho...
try ping -n 1000 cho.ppy.sh + speedtest.net
and see if there is any packet loss or problem on upload/download speed
Vall3y
sigh this is really disappoint. how can there be such problems connecting for so many people? I really want to play multiplayer
none of the solutions helped me
I can see that during a tracert the 7th hop always times out. what can be done about it?
peppy
Can you post the traceroute output? We can determine where the problem is happening then. If a single hop is timing out but the hops after it are fine, this is not a problem.
Vall3y
today I was able to connect for a brief amonut of time before timing out and disconnecting.

and heres the output:
Tracing route to cho.ppy.sh [174.34.145.226]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms RTA1025W.home [192.168.1.1]
2 18 ms 17 ms 18 ms bzq-179-37-1.static.bezeqint.net [212.179.37.1]
3 19 ms 18 ms 17 ms bzq-219-254-37.static.bezeqint.net [212.179.254.37]
4 18 ms 17 ms 18 ms bzq-179-78-241.static.bezeqint.net [212.179.78.241]
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 20 ms 26 ms 20 ms bzq-219-189-162.cablep.bezeqint.net [62.219.189.162]
7 116 ms * * bzq-219-189-22.cablep.bezeqint.net [62.219.189.22]
8 106 ms 108 ms 107 ms linx.ge1-0.cr01.lhr01.mzima.net [195.66.225.15]
9 189 ms 182 ms 193 ms te0-5.cr1.nyc2.us.packetexchange.net [69.174.120.89]
10 214 ms 209 ms 215 ms te1-7.cr1.chi1.us.packetexchange.net [69.174.120.74]
11 265 ms 268 ms 268 ms te0-1.cr1.sea1.us.packetexchange.net [69.174.120.21]
12 261 ms 270 ms 260 ms edge1.sea.ubiquityservers.com [72.37.232.166]
13 256 ms 255 ms 256 ms cho.ppy.sh [174.34.145.226]

Trace complete.
Leonix_old
Yeah I can't play multiplayer properly too, it will disconnect from time to time, usually few minutes, and stucked at 'Receiving Data' on the menu page for quite some time before able to re-connect again.

peppy wrote:

Can you post the traceroute output? We can determine where the problem is happening then. If a single hop is timing out but the hops after it are fine, this is not a problem.
How to traceroute? O.O
Suwako_Moriya_old
many time receiving data...... cant login

i have set port 13381 and 13382 and no fire wall
lilgrasshopper
SOMETIMES i can log in and SOMETIMES after playing solo for awhile i can go in. But MOST of the TIMES i cant log in to bancho =/ i did all the i allowed the port and do all the things said at the first post. Help anyone?
Haku Elle Yowane
No puedo acceder a mi cuenta desde el juego
en la esquina inferior me sale un cartel que dice algo como que la concección con Bancho fracaso...
¿Que debo hacer?

I can not access my game
a window appears that says something like that Bancho connection failed ...
What should I do?
Navizel
Can someone help me with this?
Randy96
run the updater?
Navizel

Randy96 wrote:

run the updater?
Did that already.

Btw, fixed now. (reinstall osu!)
gp0_old
osu's "Receiving Data..." but will not load BanchoChat and claims after awhile that the "Connection timed out". It cycles. It indicates that I have friends online and osu!direct works, the scoreboards look fine. This has only become a problem within the last 48 hours as of this post.

http://stat.ppy.sh/ indicated a downtime of 2 minutes on the chat, but I've left osu! on for quite a bit. I did some precautionary checks with the recommended tips and I reset the modem. Ay.

For now, I'll irc offclient, but that's a little inconvenient. Edits as needed.
MiniMaximA
can someone help me with my problem?

i can get online- playing multiplayer, pinging cho.ppy.sh, i have no problem in doing all of them.
but everytime i want to submit my score, it'd says "retrieving online ranking statistics" without ending.

i'm running win 7 x64, and playing in my university dorm. the internet access are regulated by those it teams of this university itself.

in the last 2 month this problem occurs. i've been playing osu since august in this dorm and theres no problem til this 2 month.

oh btw i've tried to logging in and out, using run as administrator, but it doesnt work.
dvorak_old
You can check your client version in Option.

If you have 1814 or lower, you should update to 1815.
MiniMaximA

dvorak wrote:

You can check your client version in Option.

If you have 1814 or lower, you should update to 1815.
its 1815 already ._.
Sparash
I have the same problem as MiniMaximA. It connects to bancho and I can chat and everything, only the scores I get aren't submitted online.

EDIT: Also I have a pending beatmap and I wanted to bump its post, but that doesn't seem to work either. A message box pops up after a while saying it failed.

EDIT2: For now, using a VPN seems to solve the problem temprorarily. I guess it is my connection's fault somehow. Any solution other than having to connect to a VPN server would be appreciated since I won't have access to it all the time.
MiniMaximA

Sparash wrote:

I have the same problem as MiniMaximA. It connects to bancho and I can chat and everything, only the scores I get aren't submitted online.

EDIT: Also I have a pending beatmap and I wanted to bump its post, but that doesn't seem to work either. A message box pops up after a while saying it failed.

EDIT2: For now, using a VPN seems to solve the problem temprorarily. I guess it is my connection's fault somehow. Any solution other than having to connect to a VPN server would be appreciated since I won't have access to it all the time.
i've tried that too, and osu works well behind vpn

but the worst thing is, my isp (university's) blocking all the proxy/vpn that i've tried to use. idkwhy- so i'll really appreciate solutions other than playing through vpn. thanks in advance.
Sparash
My problem seems to have magically disappeared today. I'm having no problem without VPN right now, so it makes me wonder where the problem truly lies.
Bleach Fan 101
Hey guys.
Ok here is my problem: I am logged into the OSU! Game but mu icon doesnt appear and the bar isnt filled by how much xp or what ever it is fills it.It says Loading stats where my level and all that would be. At the bottom of the screen it says
Connection failed retrying in 30seconds. It then says Connection failed. Hit Shift F1 for status. I did that and it took me to the Twitter page.

I have tested my packet loss. The first one came up with

Packets sent = 1000. Received 998, Lost = 2 <0% loss>

And I am running a different one for Packet Loss at the moment.

Aprox. 156ms. Max = 436ms and Average is 161ms

Basicly I am logged in my icon and level stuff aint loading and I cant get on Multi - Player
A message pops up when I try to get onto Multi - Player saying You must Login to Bancho and be connected before playing online.

If anyone can help me please do :)
anthonyyy0
I keep getting connection failed, retrying in 30 seconds when trying to log in. then after that it says connection failed, press shift-f1 for details. Nothing I've tried so far is working. I'm on XP.
show more