forum

[resolved] Bancho connectivity help & troubleshooting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Abygall

Shimasu wrote:

For some reason I cant even login to my osu! I not sure if the sever is slow or what but it getting really annoying.
Maybe your internet is slow,or because of BanchoBot.
Kyest
Hey people,

I'm currently having an issue with the Login on osu!. I jus can't log-in :o

I've already done tried the things said here. I've set off the firewall and antivirus to test if they were the problem, but they weren't. I've tried opening the TCP ports 13381 and 13382, but still nothing. I've also tried to reinstall, but it didn't worked. Also checked for the status of the server, and it looks ok.

I was comparing my tracert with the one from other people who posted it here, and it certainly shows that something is not right, but I don't know how to fix it. =/
It's here; please, someone know what I have to do?

Thanks, in advance. ;D
mmnah
REPOST FROM THIS THREAD

Issue:
Bad connection to bancho servers

Description:
Sometimes it takes about 10 minutes to retrieve the song's ladder, to load up osu!direct, to retrieve summary at the end of the song, whilst website works fine and fast during those "delays".
Everything was ok before those continuous DDoS attacks that was not that long ago. I didn't change or touch anything since then. I have my pc up 24/7 so i even didn't turn it down.

Firewall:

Router settings:
Kyest

Kyest wrote:

Hey people,

I'm currently having an issue with the Login on osu!. I jus can't log-in :o
The problem mysteryously was solved by itself. :D
VidayM
I can't login to Bancho with my new Account, but I can with my friend' one, which is older. I simply dont understand what's happening. I need help, this is apparently not a connection problem. Banchobot ?
Chi-kun
I'm still having the problem with trying to log into osu. My scores won't send and I can't play multiplayer.
Everyone's problems seemed to fix themselves, but mine seems to persist after about 1 month. Plus, whenever I try to update, this error shows.

http://chibisuke-kun.tumblr.com/post/55760667841
MarshmellowWolf
I'm having the same problem Kyest had. And the game cannot connect to the internet and bancho for some reason.
medoli900
I can't log in since i changed my password.I re-installed it and now i'm recognized as a guest,but every time i try to log in it just says "Logging in..." indefinitely.I tried all in the OP.Bancho doesn't seems down.I hope it will be fixed soon...
Ok now it work... all that is weird...
ranch dressing_old
I'm unable to log-in to osu! from my laptop. My brother has an account on here as well, and seems to log-in just fine from my laptop. However, whenever I try to log-in the "Logging in..." or "Connecting..." message appears at the bottom of the screen and stays there. I've waited for over 20 minutes multiple times but to no avail.

If it's anything worth mentioning, my brother's account is older than mine - but only by a few days. I've also updated Java, Flash, and osu! to their most current versions. I have no firewalls running that are interfering with the connectivity.

I really would like to log-in again and get my scores back up! If someone could help solve the problem that would be great. uwu

EDIT// After re-installing osu!, my brother can now no longer log-in to the program, either. He's better with computers than I am and suggested the problem is most likely due to some sort of firewall, but we can't find any that would be blocking the connection.
alexismariedavi
Whenever I go into osu!, I don't see my stats in the top left hand corner or connection failed. Retrying in 30s...... That's my complaint
Seyren Delicia

alexismariedavi wrote:

Whenever I go into osu!, I don't see my stats in the top left hand corner or connection failed. Retrying in 30s...... That's my complaint
I'm with the same problem here :/
Seyren Delicia
seems that my problem is solved now thx
commander68
I'm having the same problem where it said retrying in 30 seconds but now it's saying experiencing another incoming attack which is EXTREMELY SCARY...
Marcin
The attack is occuring on server-side, and is called DDoS, which makes you impossible to connect to the server, don't worry, nothing on your end will happen.
aliciasimoned

Seyrenn wrote:

alexismariedavi wrote:

I'm with the same problem here :/
I am having that exact same problem with that also and i tried that 6 times. What should i do about this
Bonobonobo
I'm able to log in to osu! and I can see the global rankings and replays, but anything related to multiplayer doesn't work for me. I can't see online users or find lobbies. On the bottom of the screen, it almost always says "Receiving Data", but every so often it will say "Connection timed out" and then log me in again. A friend tells me that on his end, he sees online notifications pop up whenever it relogs me, but he can't chat or invite me. It has been like this for a while, though recently I have been able to connect at seemingly random times - one time it happened after I reset my router, and a few more times I was able to connect after leaving the game on for hours. I've already opened the ports on my firewall.

EDIT: IT WORKS THANK YOU FOR THE PATCH
peppy
All bancho connection problems should now be fixed. Please update to the latest version and try connecting again.
Alurn
Unfortunately it's still happening for me :( My friends are logged in and playing.

Once I logged out, I can't ever log back in and I'm stuck logging in. I reinstalled Osu! and my firewalls are off + it's an exception, no antivirus is installed and the internet is performing perfectly.

Osu has run absolutely fine for five years until now :(
Marcin
Well did you tried waiting longer time (like 2 minutes?)
Also since you're supporter, you may try test build which relies on new protocol and see if it works.
aDiclonius
even after the patch i still cant connect >.<
waiting now for like 2 days

edit: ok seems like i sloved it by my self by updating over the optionsmenu, kinda weird nothing appear on the opening screen that i dont have the newest vesion
Zaphirox

ElfenLied0810 wrote:

even after the patch i still cant connect >.<
waiting now for like 2 days

edit: ok seems like i sloved it by my self by updating over the optionsmenu, kinda weird nothing appear on the opening screen that i dont have the newest vesion
well that's normal you gotta use the options area just incase
peppy
It's not normal, but I broke one particular release, so anyone running that needs to update manually ;x.
Zaphirox

peppy wrote:

It's not normal, but I broke one particular release, so anyone running that needs to update manually ;x.
didn't see that one comin lol
Seiji Yoshinori
For some reason even with the newest update i still cant connect online.
Gizmo235
I am getting randomly disconnected from Bancho (No pattern to when it happens) And after it disconnects it is unable to reconnect unless I close Osu and open it again.

I've done the front page suggestions no help
Alurn
Solved! When I was using an incorrect password it would not prompt me, it would just hang on the logging in thing. Correct password let me log in instantly.

After the manual update, I am now getting crashes every few minutes with this error:

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present(tagRECT* pSource, tagRECT* pDest, HWND__* hOverride)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present()
at #Yc.#ed.#Ju()
at #Yc.#4c.#st()
at #Yc.#4c.#rt()
at #Yc.#4c.#Ct(Object , EventArgs )
at #Yc.#8c.#Zt()
at #Yc.#nd.#dw(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #Yc.#nd.#It()
at #Yc.#4c.#It()
at #Wo.#Vo.#0qb(String , Boolean )
l1mi
Latley banchobot have started disconnecting me, no idea why. Theres no problem with my ISP, I dont run any firewall. Started suddenly around two days ago by not being able to submit scores and now im getting kicked from MP games usually at the end of a map. Whats happening?
Marcin
Since you're supporter, can you check if it's happening on test build too?
l1mi

Marcin wrote:

Since you're supporter, can you check if it's happening on test build too?
Ill run the test build for a day or two and report back.

Edit: I got disconnected from MP the same way when using the test build too but only one time. I did read in the "in game chat" that more players from the same country as me did experience bancho disconnecting them during the same time frame.
peppy
I'm wondering if we should decommission this thread now that the main issues with bancho are a thing of the past. People can still post individual threads if they are having issues.
Marcin
OP doesn't really state anything useful...
peppy
Resolving.
Marcin
What about missing flags thread then?... That thing is never used....
Giranthir
I'm having this problem, where it's booting me every few seconds. Tried everything in OP's post and nothing has helped. Any other fixes out there?
TheVileOne
^ This thread is decommissioned. Create a tech support thread.

Marcin wrote:

What about missing flags thread then?... That thing is never used....
It's there so 50 million people don't complain about it.
- Marco -
someone stick this tread
Marcin
Have you even read what's above?
Seraphinit
Nothing helps, I've had this problem since a few days. It just doesn't log me in, alwas 'Next try in 30s' blah, it's annoying x_x
Marcin
Please create separated topic.
TheVileOne
Locking