forum

Delete all unplayed maps.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +152
Topic Starter
Natteke
Clear enough. There is a way to delete all unranked maps (Options -> Maintenance), but no way to delete maps I never played. I have 9.5 thousand maps and I would like to clear some space on my HDD by removing the ones I've never played.

Fix: I just want to delete fully unplayed mapsets, not only easy/normal diffs.
hateech
+ support!
James2250
Support~
arien666
I should support this thing :3
EvianBubble
I would probably use this

+1 support
Firo Prochainezo
This should be helpful. I won't need to reinstall if I want to clean my osu!

Support.
Numbbi
Deleting all the unplayed maps, eh.

Just don't download maps that you won't play so no need for a such feature.
Colin Hou
the unplayed ones are mostly only unplayed diffs in one set, that means they're 3KB osu files or like.

after deleting them, 6000 maps means 18MB lol

/me escaped.
dNextGen

Colin Hou wrote:

the unplayed ones are mostly only unplayed diffs in one set, that means they're 3KB osu files or like.

/me escaped.
what about the mp3 file ?

if single map have at least 4MB size in the mp3 file

then

4MB x 4000 = 16.000 Mb

i would appreciate that 16.000 Mb space
Colin Hou
you didn't get what I mean.

I know a lot of ppl only play the most difficult diff of one mapset, then there would besome unplayed diffs counted to the 'unplayed maps'. in this condition, little space can be saved (the mp3/video couldn't be removed).

otherwise, someone may download packs and skip the song he/she isn't interested to, this will work.
dNextGen

Colin Hou wrote:

I know a lot of ppl only play the most difficult diff of one mapset, then there would besome unplayed diffs counted to the 'unplayed maps'. in this condition, little space can be saved (the mp3/video couldn't be removed).

otherwise, someone may download packs and skip the song he/she isn't interested to, this will work.

Never Played

not Unplayed maps

it means the map is never touched
Colin Hou

dNextGen wrote:

Colin Hou wrote:

Never Played

not Unplayed maps

it means the map is never touched
plz check what the filter 'Last Played' -> 'Never Played' shows
Claudia_old
+1
Topic Starter
Natteke
Oh so the ones I never played are not whole mapsets? :<
Then the thing is different.
AdRon Zh3Ro
osu server:
I surely doubt that any unranked beatmap were never played. Would be better if a beatmap get automatic deleted if none download/add a reply in the beatpmap thread in 1 or 2 years.

your HDD:
delete one by one, lol...
Kitsunemimi

Colin Hou wrote:

/me escaped.
Yeah that's true, so it would probably only work if it was made to delete fully unplayed mapsets. Meaning it doesn't necessarily delete everything that's considered "unplayed" but your unplayed complete mapsets, if any. It'll probably mean you'll have a lot less maps that are deletable, but still...

Also, I never needed to delete any of these maps since I only have over 1000 maps in total, but this sounds useful for everyone else so support.
Jinxy
Slight bump and full support. Although, it would be nice if it deleted Ranked, Unplayed maps, and not unranked once too.
Lilac
Why don't you have a "Delete Maps" button then have a check box underneath of "Ranked Maps", "Unranked Maps", "Played Maps", "Unplayed Maps" etc.
Jinxy
That works.
Derekku

Lilac wrote:

Why don't you have a "Delete Maps" button then have a check box underneath of "Ranked Maps", "Unranked Maps", "Played Maps", "Unplayed Maps" etc.
Why add ranked and played mapsets? Just adding the option to delete unplayed mapsets should be enough (although I still don't think it would be that helpful since one shouldn't have many unplayed songs).
qlum
why the urge of deleting 40GB isn't that much at least that's the size of all ranked songs with video if available