forum

[invalid] Sorting by rank wrong order

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Problem Details:

Okay so when u sort maps by rank achieved, it ranks platinium S over a gold SS. It should be the other way around rigth?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151217.3 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
No, Platinum or silver SS is higher than gold, Gold is for no mod, Silver is for mods.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

No, Platinum or silver SS is higher than gold, Gold is for no mod, Silver is for mods.
yes?

So that is why i said that gold SS > plat S -.-

But the game ranks plat S > gold SS

The other one has two S, other one only one S. Can you notice the differnce?
Dntm8kmeeatu

Sea_Food wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

yes?
So that is why i said that gold SS > plat S -.-
But the game ranks plat S > gold SS
The other one has two S, other one only one S. Can you notice the differnce?

Plat SS > Gold SS

And it ranks by score, So a high scoring A can beat an S
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Are you trolling m8?
Dntm8kmeeatu
No, I'm serious. Are you?

The Grade of a score doesn't determine its position on the leaderboard, It's the score.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
lol so u are just this stupid
Trosk-
And what's the problem with it?

Sea_Food wrote:

This is not how you report a problem in the Help forums, for your information.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

Trosk- wrote:

And what's the problem with it?
I just think it would be more logical if SS would always be above S. Even in the profile page it groups ranks into 3 categories. A, S and SS. Plat and gold S being treated equal, and Plat and gold SS treated equal. It would be consistent with the way I see it. Like If you change your rank from Plat S to gold SS, ingame sorting considers it a down grade, but profile page considers it an upgrade.

Sea_Food wrote:

This is not how you report a problem in the Help forums, for your information.
Eh what ever man. What else should have i said, or just nothing? I tried my best to make it as clear as possible.
Trosk-

Sea_Food wrote:

Eh what ever man. What else should have i said, or just nothing? I tried my best to make it as clear as possible.
Whatever you want except disrespecting other people.
Shiro
Think of it in terms of score. Unless the accuracy is really low (approximately under 94%), a mod S (silver) will beat a nomod SS (gold). That's why the rank order is silver SS > silver S > gold SS > gold S > etc.
I see where you're coming from (that an SS is better than an S), but it doesn't follow the score logic, so I don't think it should be changed.