thanks for the pp bro!
A lot of Insane difficulties are OD8...
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease
ok so no bn wants to touch this map so dead until i am a more well known mapper
HappyRocket88

Xexxar wrote:

even Shiirn who's more known in the community has problems with ranking his map. :>
toybot

Xexxar wrote:

its probably this mentality that makes bn not want to touch your map tbh
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease

toybot wrote:

Xexxar wrote:

its probably this mentality that makes bn not want to touch your map tbh
K. I applied a change to the top difficulty as per the request of nerfs on the slower parts of the song. This map should be MUCH more consistent overall in terms of difficulty. Both of the previous BN's who addressed the map are not interested in seeing it through, hence why I am done with this map until my credibility as a mapper will warrant more than just a 1 shot attempt at ranking then abandonment. It's already hard enough to find a single bn who will spend their time to look at your map to begin with. Finding another who wants to touch this drama infested map will be impossible.
Anxient
"each map and mapper are individual cases. no comparing"
is what i would say but idk if i can say so in this situation
Shad0w1and
I guess there is a strong opinion about how jumpy could a song be. Especially when you intend to do pp jumps... I figured that out in my extra. Yes this community might be biased in some way. But anyways I guess a strong nerf of jumps are needed just because this map has got so much attention. Though I only think nerf clam sections is needed. But nah... Anyways. I think If I were you I might compromise. I am not trying to do forced jumps anyways in my future diffs, it is so tired to argue with someone. God damn rank a map should not be so hard, I would rather drop those diffs (just my complaining about my set.)
ConsumerOfBean
This map is 10x more playable now, ty sexxar
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease

FailureAtOsu wrote:

This map is 10x more playable now, ty sexxar
np qt
MillhioreF
What the fuck even happened in this thread.

I haven't read all 8 pages, and I don't know what the map looked like pre-DQ, but it seems mostly fine now. I talked with the mapper and we lowered the size of some of the jumps, so it should be better; I don't have time to do a full mod, but the map is probably good enough for BNs to start nitpicking at it again to get it ready for rank.
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease
I have the original should you be interested in looking at it: http://puu.sh/nmudT/5a274bba51.osu

Also since you helped the map I'm giving you kudosu (if you dont think you deserved it feel free to deny yourself)

Log: http://puu.sh/nmMfK/2c7745f62c.txt
HappyRocket88

Xexxar wrote:

Also since you helped the map I'm giving you kudosu (if you dont think you deserved it feel free to deny yourself)
Wouldn't it be better if you posted the log? o.o
Anxient
about time
Underforest
BPM for Normal is conflicting, pls fix it
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease

Underforest wrote:

BPM for Normal is conflicting, pls fix it
good catch thank you, not sure how that happened
BeatofIke
Well, at least you nerfed your My Hero difficulty now. You might as well fix the following when you at it:

01:18:932 (1) - Useless green line on Hard difficulty.
01:21:433 - Unsnapped note on Extra difficulty.

I will double-check the rest when you are ready.

EDIT: We fixed the following in-game along with other stuff.
Have your bubble icon back and good luck~
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease

BeatofIke wrote:

Well, at least you nerfed your My Hero difficulty now. You might as well fix the following when you at it:

01:18:932 (1) - Useless green line on Hard difficulty.
01:21:433 - Unsnapped note on Extra difficulty.

I will double-check the rest when you are ready.

EDIT: We fixed the following in-game along with other stuff.
Have your bubble icon back and good luck~
MY HERO!
DahplA
Um, is it me or can I not download it right now?
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease

DahplA wrote:

lol, idk, probably a temporary bug atm cause BSS is acting weird too
DahplA

Xexxar wrote:

DahplA wrote:

lol, idk, probably a temporary bug atm cause BSS is acting weird too
Ah alright. Just wanted to see the changes. Guess I'll have to wait a bit C:

Good luck on the re-rank!

Edit: It's fixed now.
Raiden
oh my OH MY
Anxient
THE RETURN OF OUR HIRO
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease
bubble popped for happyrocket88's mod, who is currently getting additional opinions
HappyRocket88
Doing stuff here and there to improve the mapset before re-qualifying it.

After talking with some BNs, we agreed this version can have another try after fixing some jumps which looked exaggerated.
Kuki
congratulaions on the qualify!!
Raiden
OH MY

OHHHHH MYYYY
Underforest
Re-congrats :D
Jon
Finally, congrats!!
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease
thanks everyone
UndeadCapulet
Hello Xexxar. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to drop a post-qualification mod on your map:

My Hero!

So from my understanding of how the My Hero diff is supposed to work, the spacing is based on the song's shifts in tone? So for example, the 00:01:448 (1,2,1) - spacing is so high because of the sudden introduction of guitar, as well as the burst into the introductory verse. That kind of thing? If that's the idea, then I think the execution could be a lot better.
  1. 00:12:520 (1,2) - This takes away a lot of the power from 00:12:877 (3,4,1) - , which doesn't match up with how you layed out 00:01:091 (3,1,1,2,1) - .
  2. 00:23:234 (1,2,3,4,5) - This jump pattern is way more intense than the 00:20:377 (1,2,3) - slider patterns right before it. I don't see any real difference in the song here.
  3. 00:28:948 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - The slow increase in spacing kills a lot of the power of 00:30:020 (3,4,1) - , since the player already expects the spacing to be that high.
  4. 00:34:127 (2,1) - The vast majority of your jump patterns use a slow spacing increase concept. This spacing could easily come across as another 1/2 jump. If that's the intended mechanic to show off how the song sort of "hovers" here, you should've done the same thing at 00:05:555 (6,1) - , it's pretty much the same effect.
  5. 00:37:698 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - This all seems really unnecessary, it's even higher spaced than 00:41:448 (1,2) - , which is pretty nonsensical. (This also applies to 00:39:305 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - to an extent)
  6. 00:45:913 (3) - Shouldn't this be NC'd to match up with all the following vocal NC spam?
  7. 00:54:127 (4,5) - Spacing should be much lower, the vocals aren't as strong here and all power is being taken out of the snap into the downbeat.
  8. 00:56:091 (1,2,3,4) - The spacing is higher than the much stronger 00:56:984 (5,6,7,1) - vocals.
  9. 01:00:020 (3,4) - I would probably lower the spacing to continue the decreasing effect. The downbeat will already feel strong enough because of the comparative distance between 4,1 and 3,4.
  10. Oh, and since you used that decreasing spacing effect, you should also do it at 00:10:913 (3,4,5,6,7,1) - , where the guitar is fading off. Pretty much the same concept imo.
  11. 01:04:127 (6,7) - Spacing is much higher than the stronger 01:04:305 (7,1) - vocal jump.
  12. There isn't enough difference between 01:05:734 (5,6) - and 01:06:091 (1,2) - for their respective musical effects, try lowering 01:06:091 (1,2) - 's spacing.
  13. Please work 01:18:218 (3) - into the following jump pattern somehow, this is basically the exact same as 00:01:091 (3,1,1,2) - musically but the effects are totally different.
  14. 01:23:575 (3,4) - This really detracts from the crazy strong 01:23:932 (1,2,3) - guitar.
  15. 01:30:896 (1,2) - Spacing being on par with 01:34:289 (1,2) - is nonsensical. Applies to pretty much every jump in the outro.
I could've talked about a lot more, but it would've started getting redundant. If I've understood the map correctly, I don't think it's ready for rank as is. There are a lot of conflicting jump concepts, and it seems like it was mishandled in the modding process, with a lot of people trying to force more "traditional" jump concepts onto it. Or maybe I've misunderstood the map, in which case feel free to correct me. This is just what the map looks like it's going for. Either way, it would be nice if there was some more discussion, it's very hard to understand your intentions for the various jump patterns.
Strategas
I find it funny when these mods happen after the map gets qualified
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease

UndeadCapulet wrote:

Hello Xexxar. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to drop a post-qualification mod on your map:

My Hero!

So from my understanding of how the My Hero diff is supposed to work, the spacing is based on the song's shifts in tone? So for example, the 00:01:448 (1,2,1) - spacing is so high because of the sudden introduction of guitar, as well as the burst into the introductory verse. That kind of thing? If that's the idea, then I think the execution could be a lot better.
  1. 00:12:520 (1,2) - This takes away a lot of the power from 00:12:877 (3,4,1) - , which doesn't match up with how you layed out 00:01:091 (3,1,1,2,1) - . i dont understand why you're comparing too different sections, these instruments that you point out are pretty much of the same intensity and power so I kept similar spacing.
  2. 00:23:234 (1,2,3,4,5) - This jump pattern is way more intense than the 00:20:377 (1,2,3) - slider patterns right before it. I don't see any real difference in the song here. I dont really agree here, I went with more of a vocal focus on the first slider section, with a emphasis on the strings for the second. It's a way to vary up the rhythm instead of creating things that are exactly the same because the music is the same AKA shiro
  3. 00:28:948 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - The slow increase in spacing kills a lot of the power of 00:30:020 (3,4,1) - , since the player already expects the spacing to be that high. again, as I stated last time this was DQ'd it's the use of angles here that allows for a build up of intensity. Rather than have several back and forths there is only one at the end which forces a direct change in motion on the player to allow for said feeling of intesnity when the player crashes down from 4 into 1. likewise building into a jump like this is not inherently bad.
  4. 00:34:127 (2,1) - The vast majority of your jump patterns use a slow spacing increase concept. This spacing could easily come across as another 1/2 jump. If that's the intended mechanic to show off how the song sort of "hovers" here, you should've done the same thing at 00:05:555 (6,1) - , it's pretty much the same effect. this is easily readable at this AR, However, I can somewhat see what you are saying regarding make it a stack, however I avoided it here due to the fact that there is also a 1/1 pause afterward, which I felt deserved the hang feeling more than the first 1/1. Otherwise it would be a double 1/1 stack which is WAY more awkward than anything else.
  5. 00:37:698 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - This all seems really unnecessary, it's even higher spaced than 00:41:448 (1,2) - , which is pretty nonsensical. (This also applies to 00:39:305 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - to an extent) the rhythm here follows the bounciness of the drums and the piano. It's not more spaced than 00:41:448 (1,2) save the final jump which is appropriate given the strength on that note.
  6. 00:45:913 (3) - Shouldn't this be NC'd to match up with all the following vocal NC spam? originally it was, however I removed it as per request of a BN due to the fact that the follow notes after are different in that there is no other instruments than cymbals and vocals which is why I NC'd them.
  7. 00:54:127 (4,5) - Spacing should be much lower, the vocals aren't as strong here and all power is being taken out of the snap into the downbeat. again, I don't really agree, the rhythm is fairly consistent throughout this part in design. If anything I could see to increase the spacing on the downbeat but I dont think nerfing that jump is suitable for the section.
  8. 00:56:091 (1,2,3,4) - The spacing is higher than the much stronger 00:56:984 (5,6,7,1) - vocals. I don't really agree with that. I think the first vocals are more powerful, but my opinion doesnt matter on this map anyway
  9. 01:00:020 (3,4) - I would probably lower the spacing to continue the decreasing effect. The downbeat will already feel strong enough because of the comparative distance between 4,1 and 3,4. the synth picks up on 01:00:020 (3) - thats why the spacing increases.
  10. Oh, and since you used that decreasing spacing effect, you should also do it at 00:10:913 (3,4,5,6,7,1) - , where the guitar is fading off. Pretty much the same concept imo. it does decrease, save the final cymbal which is a jump for the sake of said cymbal being a final powerful climax for the section.
  11. 01:04:127 (6,7) - Spacing is much higher than the stronger 01:04:305 (7,1) - vocal jump. the distance on the second jump has the emphasis of the slider's reverse direction plus it technically has higher distance anyway so idk what you're talking about
  12. There isn't enough difference between 01:05:734 (5,6) - and 01:06:091 (1,2) - for their respective musical effects, try lowering 01:06:091 (1,2) - 's spacing. what is that respective musical effect? Im okay with how this is designed but okay...
  13. Please work 01:18:218 (3) - into the following jump pattern somehow, this is basically the exact same as 00:01:091 (3,1,1,2) - musically but the effects are totally different. except for the fact that 01:17:861 (2) - has a clap on said beat which is an unexpected element in the music. They are not the same pattern and do not need to be treated as such.
  14. 01:23:575 (3,4) - This really detracts from the crazy strong 01:23:932 (1,2,3) - guitar. I can see myself adjusting this to making the spacing grow here with the pitch of the guitar better, but again, rather minor.
  15. 01:30:896 (1,2) - Spacing being on par with 01:34:289 (1,2) - is nonsensical. Applies to pretty much every jump in the outro. I mean I can buff the last jump, but I really think that said pattern is fine. Its the only note that isnt a slider with a clap so I feel that it has a sense of finality without spacing.
I could've talked about a lot more, but it would've started getting redundant. If I've understood the map correctly, I don't think it's ready for rank as is. There are a lot of conflicting jump concepts, and it seems like it was mishandled in the modding process, with a lot of people trying to force more "traditional" jump concepts onto it. Or maybe I've misunderstood the map, in which case feel free to correct me. This is just what the map looks like it's going for. Either way, it would be nice if there was some more discussion, it's very hard to understand your intentions for the various jump patterns.
EDIT: nvm you're fine

Also unrelated. I've never seen any other map be attacked this vigorously for justification on EVERY single jump in a map. Sometimes a pattern is just a pattern for the sake of being a pattern, like how can I make a visually appropriate map with every sngle jump being perfectly spaced to the beat that satisfies everyone's interpretation. I really don't understand how this map can be attacked for justification in spacing when styles such as symmetry and others exist. If this is what is expected of mapping I believe that symmetry style should never be ranked again (unless actually done properly to reflect proper intensity which it almost never is)
Celentia
This has to be one of the most nitpicking cases i've seen in a while.
UndeadCapulet
I had only just happened to see it in the qualified section and thought to give my opinion on it, I didn't look at when it got qualified or anything like that, and I definitely wasn't waiting for it to get qualified so I could get it DQ'd...
I wasn't trying to attack your map, I was just trying to help it improve to be the best it could be. I obviously misunderstood what you were aiming for, so I'm sorry about that :s
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease

UndeadCapulet wrote:

I had only just happened to see it in the qualified section and thought to give my opinion on it, I didn't look at when it got qualified or anything like that, and I definitely wasn't waiting for it to get qualified so I could get it DQ'd...
I wasn't trying to attack your map, I was just trying to help it improve to be the best it could be. I obviously misunderstood what you were aiming for, so I'm sorry about that :s
There's no problem with genuine attempts at help and I appreciate it. It just seemed odd given that the map was JUST qualified and now you're stating that it should be DQ'd.
Silky
lol you won, gratz
Shiirn

UndeadCapulet wrote:

Unless your standards have rapidly evolved in the past month, you don't really have any right to rag on people's maps for spacing or rhythm or to try and put yourself in their shoes insofar as their mapping thought process. You were defending a map that literally had wrong snaps and was snapped to Medium gridsnap at all points.

For what it's worth, My Hero has improved a lot over time and now accurately emphasizes all points to my satisfaction, even if it's at a 1.3-1.5x scale of what i'd personally put as a "limit". But that's whatever.
Karen
This map is quite good now, just the hitsounding is a bit too loud x.x
Anxient
WELCOME BACK, MY HIRO!

Strategas wrote:

I find it funny when these mods happen after the map gets qualified
2016-03-05 11:34 Xexxar: i fear
2016-03-05 11:34 Anxient: then wait for their mod
2016-03-05 11:34 Anxient: and then rank it
2016-03-05 11:34 Xexxar: i literally said that
2016-03-05 11:34 Anxient: tell them if they dont mod the map within a timespan of 3 days, you would move the map forward
2016-03-05 11:36 Xexxar: http://puu.sh/nvhRh/584f66c343.jpg
2016-03-05 11:36 Xexxar: i dont know who it is
2016-03-05 11:36 Xexxar: happyrocket wouldnt tell me
2016-03-05 11:44 Anxient: well
2016-03-05 11:44 Anxient: you could go for the trap approach
2016-03-05 11:45 Xexxar: which is
2016-03-05 11:45 Anxient: rank it as it is, and then DQ it coz modders will come to your map to complain
2016-03-05 11:45 Anxient: its meta now :L
2016-03-05 11:45 Anxient: have you seen bookmark memories
2016-03-05 11:45 Xexxar: modders?
2016-03-05 11:45 Anxient: *competent modders
2016-03-05 11:45 Anxient: aka bns
2016-03-05 11:45 Xexxar: ooo
2016-03-05 11:45 Xexxar: shitting on the maps they dont like
2016-03-05 11:45 Xexxar: i like it!
show more