forum

[Archived] Cursor Snaps Like a Magnet to Note When Mouse is Used

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
flip1012
So I've been play OSU! for a year now and I never had a problem with it, until now....

I like to use a mouse and keyboard when I play the game mainly because it's something I already have and I don't want to pay for a Pad. Any way, I recently encountered a bit of an annoying problem with the mouse when I'm playing beat maps of higher dificulties (or at least it's more noticeable then). When I move my mouse closer to a note, it automatically snaps to the note like a magnet and it throws me off because it moves my cursor away from where I want it to be. This is more noticeable for sliders where if I move the cursor along the slider it will try to follow the exact path of the slider and override my mouse movement. Now this not like the Auto-Pilot mod where I don't have control over cursor movement because I still can move it and I have no mods turned on when I play other than no fail to practice.

If someone can explain to me whats going on or at least tell me if this is a setting thing I would be grateful because I would like to do some tourneys in the future, and I feel like this would be illegal even if it is what I believe to be a bug or a glitch.

If anyone needs a video to see whats happening in case you don't understand what I'm saying, just say so for I do have OBS and I can record a video of a song to show you what I mean .

EDIT:
As per request I have created a video and it can be seen here (sorry in advanced if it's too painful to watch with all the misses)
it can be foud here:
https://youtu.be/q9tWuoYmB_0
Dntm8kmeeatu
You should probably post a video to go along with this.
Topic Starter
flip1012
I s there anyone there has had this problem with their mouse as well and is it mouse wise or is it OSU causing the problem here? Please this is getting really annoying :(
TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure there is no specific logic that affects cursor position while on a slider. You could be experiencing lag when dragging.
OzzyOzrock
Mouse acceleration??? See if it's on?
Rhythm Frienemy
perhaps it has something to do with raw input of your mouse?
The Monk
i watched the video, its you moving your mouse after tapping, no auto aim or anything else. no fix for that
VeilStar
osu! can't make your cursor snap to notes, but if you're seriously saying that this i what you're experiencing then try the following:
-Set the in-game sensitivity setting to 1.
-Turn on the raw input setting.
-If you have a laptop disable your trackpad driver temporarily.
flyleaf79
This happens with my mouse too, ive tried everything to correct it. I'm using a razor chroma. Feels like it snaps into place with almost every slider. I've tried all the steps above with no fix. I've made a fresh install of the game and still nothing. If I find anything ill update this post.
Flyrush
i m waiting of this update xd , you are one of the last person i ve seen who notice this bug.
My friend also have this issue, so if you have found a solution, share it !
EkidonaOmg
i also have this problem any solution found ?