forum

Suika Ibuki Skin [V1.6 UPDATE!]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii
Well at first I wanted to make a skin for both Cirno and Patchouli, but it turns out that they already have skins.
besides SOMEONE had to make this one. So I took it upon myself.

Download:
Version 1.6

updates
v1.01 updates:
- Fixed numbers
- Added menu sounds
- Added optional animated lifebar

v1.05 updates:
- Readys fixed
- New combo bursts
- Added in/fixed star2
- Added spinner text

v1.6 updates:
- Fixed some stuff

addons
Secondary Cursor
<----Cursor Trail

Sander-Don
dat slider is epic lolz, this is my new fave skin :333
FishHook
Skin is pretty badass there MugiY.

2 things:

IS it possible to make the cursor stick out in the foreground? The almost flat texture on there makes it a bit hard on (my) eyesight when moving on faster maps.

Also, you forgot to add a "0" picture for the combo numbers.

Here is what I found out while doing some mapping when your skin on as some evidence.
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii
Okay all fixed.
Also I added a second cursor in the OP.
FishHook
I don't think there are any sounds either for the countdown at the start of maps. I'm not hearing any "Three Two One Go!".
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii

FishHook wrote:

I don't think there are any sounds either for the countdown at the start of maps. I'm not hearing any "Three Two One Go!".
I know. I made it that way.
Honestly, I hate having to hear the "3! 2! 1! GO!" everytime I start a song.
Sander-Don
ahh, lovin' the update, this skin is such sexy sauce <3
Agnes
You told me to post. So I did.

...I'm downloading this and using it after I'm done modding. <3
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii
No one is giving feedback....
Why?
adam2046
There's an apostrophe in let's.
MLGnom

YuiMugi wrote:

Why?
The sad truth of skinning...

So, let's see what we have here :
- Try to do something about pause background (Suika is covered by pause options...),
- Hmmm... How about adding a little transparency to the spinner circle?(background is hidden behind spinner circle and meter),
- How about changing star.png into her gourd?
- Try to slow down her running on slider (add more frames : 2 or 3 frames per 1 move (If you don't know what about I'm talking check my Reisen slider)),
- Errr... really the cursor must be a square? (It's original but it can distract/annoy some players)(add alternative?),
- Maybe add mod icons?(not needed badly, but why not? :3),
- Some players can complain about size of 50,100,300 etc. (a little big),
- Skin more things if you don't have any ideas what to correct (like song selection menu ^^),
- And what adam2046 already said "Let's should have apostrophe",
Can't suggest more (out of ideas, because of my skins >.>)
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii

MLGnom wrote:

YuiMugi wrote:

Why?
The sad truth of skinning...

So, let's see what we have here :
- Try to do something about pause background (Suika is covered by pause options...),
I've actually tried to fix this believe it or not, but for some reason all the end result looked out of place, and that one seemed to work out best in the end.
- Hmmm... How about adding a little transparency to the spinner circle?(background is hidden behind spinner circle and meter),
The circle is supposed to be like a log, and the matre is supposed to be like a leather hid. Because Suika is an oni that lives in the mountains and she is always surrounded by these things
- How about changing star.png into her gourd?
Trust me. I tried, and it didn't work out as well as I had though, I'm try trying to figure out a way to get it to work.
- Try to slow down her running on slider (add more frames : 2 or 3 frames per 1 move (If you don't know what about I'm talking check my Reisen slider)),
That's not really a problem. Osu is the one speeding things up, and even so it's not game breaking.
- Errr... really the cursor must be a square? (It's original but it can distract/annoy some players)(add alternative?),
I'm working on a new cursor for the next update. Also first post.
- Maybe add mod icons?(not needed badly, but why not? :3),
Once again, not needed. And honestly I hate doing mod icons.
- Some players can complain about size of 50,100,300 etc. (a little big),
They're no bigger than the defaults.
- Skin more things if you don't have any ideas what to correct (like song selection menu ^^),
Once again, working on that in an update.
- And what adam2046 already said "Let's should have apostrophe",
I really don't think it matters, it can be spelled either way.
Can't suggest more (out of ideas, because of my skins >.>)
Are you suggesting that I steal your ideas.....>_>
Pretty much everything you covered will be added in later updates and/or expansions.
But yeah, thanks for the feedback.
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii
800 views and only 11 posts...
Something isn't right about this....
Jinxy
For starters, maybe you can let Suika be on the other side for the life bar, so the worse you do, the further the sake from her?

Better yet, make the sake at the end of the lifebar, then make Suika run for the sake. The better you do, the nearer she is to the sake!

To make it better, the playfield or the ranking-panel should have a Suika actually drinking, so its like she finally got the damned bottle.
Soaprman
This is a pretty good skin. The numbers on the circles are unreadable but who cares about those anyway...

I love the cursor in particular. Different cursor shapes make things interesting!
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii

JInxyjem wrote:

For starters, maybe you can let Suika be on the other side for the life bar, so the worse you do, the further the sake from her?

Better yet, make the sake at the end of the lifebar, then make Suika run for the sake. The better you do, the nearer she is to the sake!

To make it better, the playfield or the ranking-panel should have a Suika actually drinking, so its like she finally got the damned bottle.
You haven't looked that the animated life bar have you.
Also, the scorbarki can't be animated.

The only objects that can be animated currently are sliderfollowcircle, menu-back, scorebar-colour, and followpoint.
Jinxy

YuiMugi wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

You haven't looked that the animated life bar have you.

Oh. I thought Suika was on the -bg and everything could be animated. I don't read up on making skins much, just graphical improvements.
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii
Well making skins is a graphical work.
Beside, almost everything about skinning is explained in the multiple stickies in this forum.
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii
bump.
Ibuki Suika
(<ゝω·)☆~
show more