Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tedda
Raniemi
I mostly just moved my wrist
Topic Starter
Tedda
AGRX
If you are low dpi user (around 400-1000dpi, and move whole hand) I recommend you to get a cloth mousepad,
I use to play on varnished wooden desk and my hand was sticking to it because of sweat.
Now I use qck mousepad and its great. I set it so its covering my play area and its hanging off the table to cover edge of desk, so I don't have much friction.
ForeN_
I adjust my mousepad so that my arm is in a comfortable position and my mouse is on the top of the mousepad and a little left from the center.

I do this because I payed attention to my mouse during plays and I noticed that my arm goes to the bottom right corner almost off the edge. So, I place my mouse almost at the opposite side ("almost" because I still need space to move my mouse left and above) which reduces the chances of getting in a awkward position.

Also, move your mousepad towards the opposite direction as well because placing your mouse somewhere else does only so much without the actual mousepad moving.

If this does not help tell me the following info:

What mouse do you use + mousepad?

DPI, and Resolution aswel.

These aspects are critical when you want to figure out any type of problems with a mouse during gameplay in osu.
Topic Starter
Tedda
Topic Starter
Tedda
pandaBee
Wear sleeves or increase sens/dpi
Topic Starter
Tedda
I Give Up
Don't think. Move mouse. Believe.
ForeN_

Tedda wrote:

ForeN_ wrote:

If this does not help tell me the following info:

What mouse do you use + mousepad? I use a logitech darkfield performance mx. For the mouse pad I actually don't know because it used to be used by my sibling but it looks exactly like this: http://www.redplanettrading.com/images/P/ku170-rpt_galleryPic-webstore.jpg

DPI, and Resolution aswel. Unable to find DPI but resolution is 1920x1080.
First of all, I think you should download the drivers for the mouse so you can adjust multiple settings and dpi of your mouse.
Also, with a small mousepad(im guessings thats like 6 inches wide) like that would be most likely be too small for your dpi(I have only used 400dpi, so based off of the fact that even a 13.9 inch mousepad doesn't satisfy me probably means your mousepad is too small).

Solutions:

Get a bigger mousepad.

Download drivers for your mouse and make the dpi higher/change sensitivity in-game.

Or just ignore it and get use to it somehow.
Noobsicle
if you want to make the most out of osu!, or gaming in general, you should invest in a wired gaming mouse with an optical sensor

logitech g302, g303, g402, g502, roccat savu, http://www.zowiegear.com Strive For Perfection etc

or you could get a tablet
uberpancake
I just wear sleeves the whole year long. Sweaty as fk in the summer tho :]
Cyron
Buy tablet. It solved the problem for me.
Rilene

KukiMonster wrote:

Don't think. Move mouse. Believe.
Nabel_old_1
I use the force. Problem solved.
Topic Starter
Tedda
ZenithPhantasm
Believe is too hard.
I should stop ruminating about mice. I know too much about them for my own good.
Jukkii
well, you could try doing what i do and hold the mouse more with your thumb and ring finger and pinkie and not so much with your palm. you should try holding your mouse with your palm off to the right or left of the top of the mouse and move using both your wrist (for small movements and jumps) and the rest of your hand (big jumps and spinning). you should also rest your elbow on the table.

i know this most likely will not work for you but you can try.
Nabel_old_1
op just needs to find out what dpi his mouse is and if he can change it.
dung eater
There is no sensitivity you are naturally good at. You need to get used to one, then you will be comfortable with it. You might perform better with some other sensitivity after getting used to it, but you can only test it out by getting used to another sensitivity (it takes time).

Get a cloth pad that's big enough to cover all the area your hand/mouse ever are in. Don't press down with your hand. Find a grip that doesn't require much effort.